Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I only had to do one key cycle. The first part auto rebooted without input for me and carries on with the second 

How long did you have to wait for your key recycle

Mine took about an hour or just over for part one. It then auto rebooted (you might have to key cycle if it tells you to, but mine briefly showed a message then rebooted itself and carried on). Part two took about 50 mins iirc. Then you ignition cycle and it takes about a minute for the last part as it’s only generating the log file. 

9 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

any ideas??

I have downloaded Alexp999 maps F9 to USB (exfat).

when inserted in car it acknowledges the USB , indexing USB, then Index completed, then system updated (clearly not)

any suggestions?

ALEXP999

any ideas?

1 hour ago, Pirnie said:

I'd guess Ford is doing a staggered roll out of some sort to prevent the server from getting overloaded. The only question is what the logic behind it is, is it first come first served or is it based on something else?

It can't be that. I must have been one of the  first in the country to install 3.4 . Within 1 hour of it being released in the UK  yet am still waiting for F9 download when others are getting it immediately after installing 3.4

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

ALEXP999

any ideas?

Have you done the 3.4 update?

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Have you done the 3.4 update?

Yes over wifi

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

Yes over wifi

It now says updating system but after 3/4 mins ‘update complete remove usb’ 

3 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

4 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

0E3D7AB3-3F26-4954-A1E9-390C53D8A7C7.jpeg

F0BB3699-1F96-4086-BC68-C632CF4CC147.jpeg

Got maps updated to F9 thanks for your help guys just need the radio logos sorting now

3 hours ago, ProximusAl said:

So I’m getting MEM_ERR01 with my 8.2Gb update in the car. 
I guess all the WiFi downloads hasn’t left any room

am I going to have to use cyanlabs to reformat and start from scratch?

Be careful with cyanlabs reformat. It has compatibility problems with MY20 vehicles, has bricked a couple of APIMs.

There’s a warning screen at the start in the latest tool they’ve released.

54 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

0E3D7AB3-3F26-4954-A1E9-390C53D8A7C7.jpeg

F0BB3699-1F96-4086-BC68-C632CF4CC147.jpeg

Funny thing my USB now has the ford update file added. I have downloaded to the ford www and it was acknowledged. 

wonder if this will help with my USB update?

At last upgraded to F9 maps ( at least the system tells me I have ) using Alexp999 download, every thing seems to be working fine on the navigation side.

It seemed to download in one go taking just over an hour, at the end it told to remove the usb and shut  down and lock the car then restart for the system to update. The only thin it has'nt done is download a XML file, is normal after a map update ?.

Many thanks for your help

Hi all,

My focus updated itself to sync 3.4 last weekend which was a shock when I started the car.  I'm still not getting F9 maps as a download so used Alexp999 download and updated to F9 in about an hour.

Like many I'm missing the radio logos which is annoying but nice to have updated maps!

Mark

SYNC3_882801116_Update.zip (862.243 KB)

I have just downloaded the above Sync 3.4 zip file and unzipped it to my USB stick.

Could alexp999 or someone please confirm that all the necessary folders and files are present and are the correct version before I attempt the update.

Thanks

SyncMyRide Files.jpg

Root Directory Folders.jpg

37 minutes ago, PLB said:

SYNC3_882801116_Update.zip (862.243 KB)

I have just downloaded the above Sync 3.4 zip file and unzipped it to my USB stick.

Could alexp999 or someone please confirm that all the necessary folders and files are present and are the correct version before I attempt the update.

Thanks

SyncMyRide Files.jpg

Root Directory Folders.jpg

That is exactly the same as I downloaded from Ford Sync and successfully installed. 

• Like 1

Had to give up on WiFi, going to take years[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it necessary or beneficial to do a master reset after updating Sync3 and maps ?.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

That is exactly the same as I downloaded from Ford Sync and successfully installed. 

Thanks for the confirmation.

After applying the Sync update does it reset all settings back to factory defaults ?
Also, did you loose any dab logos as some have reported ?

1 hour ago, PLB said:

After applying the Sync update does it reset all settings back to factory defaults ?

No it does not reset to factory, it definitely kept all my radio presets in place, and yes you will lose some DAB logos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PLB said:

Some of the settings were different and some things did not work correctly.

When I did mine, which took 11 minutes, I parked up at the shops and before my journey home and I set everything to where it was. During the journey home voice commands and hazard warnings were not working properly despite me setting them on, plus no radio logos.

When I used the car the next day (yesterday) I redid  all the settings and everything worked correctly except still no radio logos.

I'm grounded this weekend so will not get a chance to drive again till next week. If the logos are still not there I will retune all the stations and if that does not work I will try a master reset. The live text is working for the stations but no logos.

I have now downloaded the F9 maps, which took 11 hours, and I will install them when I'm next doing a long journey.

• Like 1

SUCCESS

At last upgraded to F9 maps using Alexp999 download, sync 3.4 updated over wifi

• Like 1

This has probably been said a thousand times but this thread is just too big now to trawl through

Got in the car today and instantly had the below update pop up. Any idea what it is? Assuming something to do with voice commands as I keep seeing people mention them..

I don't have the time to sit through a wifi update so just ignored it and let it carry on, the only way this will probably ever complete is if it downloads while the car is turned off overnight...

IMG_2375.jpeg

A question about DAB logos then seeing as most of us seem to have lost them.. 😞

Have we all lost the same ones, or do some people have some that others don't?

For example I don't have (just going off national ones people will probably also have)

• BBCR1
  • BBCR2
  • Radio5live
  • Radio X
  • Virgin
  • Talksport

I do have...

• Absolute
  • Capital
  • BBC R1 Xtra

(off the top of my head that's all I can think of) - Will be interesting to see if others have the channels that I don't and vice versa..

I literally only have Radio X on if Im not using CarPlay for music so that's the only logo I want back so my screen doesn't look as plain! first world problems..

You just need to update the dab logo package. I’ll try and write some instructions soon if someone doesn’t beat me to it. No reset or retune necessary. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club