Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I've finally had my personal mobile number ported to Giffgaff. :)

Sainsbury seemed to drag it out, at one point I appeared to be on both networks with the same operational number :P

I do like my new pressie to myself, my 8200 cordless dremel
Haven't found a fresh use for it yet, but after nearly wearing out before losing its corded cousin, I'm sure it'll be ultra handy :D

You buy yourself birthday presents?

I almost bought a cordless dremel, after my elderly 395 burnt out in the Spring, but decided to remain corded with a 4000.

My husband bought me my new sub for the boot of my car, I wanted something else / an excuse to spend more money :lol:

It's our anniversary as well (I got married on my birthday ), so my excuses are rife :lol:

• Like 2

I like having the Nissan booked in for an oil change and full valet tomorrow morning. It is caked in dirt and the engine has began "tapping" on cold mornings indicating lack of top end lubriation.

The dog has carefully placed a lamb rib in each room, to save her having to go and get a snack; as she changes rooms :)

We already have a water bowl in each room :)

I liked driving the Mum's Mk1 Zetec, as I was trying replicate the issue she's having with rear brakes. I'm giving it a 12 month service tomorrow. The Mk1 has a firmer ride than my Mk2 but then it's a Zetec; so you'd be alarmed if it didn't.

I like the bosses new car, A45 AMG in grey, Oooossshhh it is lush. Slowly replacing my urge for the new RS, it definitely would replace the urge if he had the one with the whale tail spolier

The dog has carefully placed a lamb rib in each room, to save her having to go and get a snack; as she changes rooms :)

We already have a water bowl in each room :)

I liked driving the Mum's Mk1 Zetec, as I was trying replicate the issue she's having with rear brakes. I'm giving it a 12 month service tomorrow. The Mk1 has a firmer ride than my Mk2 but then it's a Zetec; so you'd be alarmed if it didn't.

Nothing replaces the "feel" of the first generation Focus.

• Like 2

The dog and I liked the evening stroll we've just had :)

The weather is not December-ish at the moment.

Apart from the stiff breeze, it could've easily been a summer walk - it was so warm :)

I do like Pringles' latest Christmas flavour...

post-15085-0-44033700-1449319407_thumb.j

• Like 1

Despite it being rather windy, I do like servicing my Mum's Mk1 Zetec.

The dog is supervising

I do like Pringles' latest Christmas flavour...

attachicon.gifWP_20151205_12_11_20_Pro.jpg

I haven't seen those down here

I like a day in the house with the coal fire burning resulting in a very warm living room. It seems the cat agrees...

post-15085-0-71609200-1449325229_thumb.j

post-15085-0-61721500-1449325231_thumb.j

• Like 1

I like a day in the house with the coal fire burning resulting in a very warm living room. It seems the cat agrees...

attachicon.gifWP_20151205_14_13_32_Pro.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_20151205_14_13_29_Pro.jpg

One very happy puss :)

Mine are occupying their favourite sofa and armchair respectively

Decided to start looking after my future a little bit more!

Just set up a Help to Buy ISA. Sure, you can only deposit £200 per month (so £2400 a year). BUT it does offer a 25% bonus if I use it for a house/mortgage deposit (up to £3000 - so, if I save £12000, with the bonus I have a £15000 deposit). It also has an APR of 4%

On the down side, I feel old :-(

No longer am I trying to save for a new lego set or video game...but a house!

(I have no intention of even looking for a new house at anytime in the foreseeable future...but it's nice to know it's there!)

• Like 2

Wish I had that money. Sadly the average price of a deposit down here is 25k

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wish I had that money. Sadly the average price of a deposit down here is 25k

Your house prices must be on a par with Dorset's

My mate's son and girlfriend have finally found a house they could afford, they needed a £25K deposit too

If I decide to buy up here/near home then a £15k deposit (based on current market prices) could bag me a pretty nice house!!

I intend to continue saving outside of the ISA as well - give myself the best possible chance.

For the time being, I'm sticking with what I have...living at home free (well, in exchange for taxi services for Mother Dearest and odd jobs around the house etc lol)

• Like 2

Your house prices must be on a par with Dorset's

My mate's son and girlfriend have finally found a house they could afford, they needed a £25K deposit too

House prices start at 115k and that's for a house about 12 feet wide, and about 36 long. With two real beds... Its ludicrous

• Like 1

I remember the cost of my first property in 1981 - 24k for a 2 bedroomed semi bungalow in Staines, Middlesex.

I dread to think what the value is now :(

• Like 1

I do like smothering the street and my neighbours shared driveway in snowfoam - my car was diabolically filthy! It's hideously untrue what they say about white cars showing every speck of dirt :lol:

Radio on a Sunday morning, like it should be

• Like 1

House prices start at 115k and that's for a house about 12 feet wide, and about 36 long. With two real beds... Its ludicrous

Can't buy a hole in the ground for that in Surrey. :lol:

• Like 1

There's little to no value for money housing available in Surrey & most other home counties

The dog and I have a pleasant but wet walk, up the old railway line come bridleway to Fordingbridge :)

A bit flooded in places, wellies would've been more appropriate <_< Met some semi-stranded cows, on a hillock, in their field: they were all huddled together.

Or may be not, 140K here, for a house that needs a lot refurbishing and reconstruction - a Shell basically. You'll need about £170K for something habitable :o

I do like smothering the street and my neighbours shared driveway in snowfoam - my car was diabolically filthy! It's hideously untrue what they say about white cars showing every speck of dirt :lol:
Radio on a Sunday morning, like it should be

I can remember when nearly everyone in the street was doing something to/on their cars on a Sunday morning.

There's only two of us, out of about 100 houses, that do that now

• Like 1

Seeing the prices of houses down South I'm very glad I live in Scotland where you can get a 2-bed semi for under £80k!

• Like 2

Seeing the prices of houses down South I'm very glad I live in Scotland where you can get a 2-bed semi for under £80k!

You could get a static on a park for the over 70's, for about that here, on the edge of the conurbation. Ironically, as it's residents often find out, on a regularly flooded ex-flood meadow!

I do like VAT free purchase days at Machine Mart, even though I very nearly forgot today :o

With less than 8 minutes to go, I remembered, to order a new 3 tonne jack and have saved £20 :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club