Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Was that an FTTC installation? Or are you lucky enough to be in a FTTP zone? :)

No fibre installed to the house, so just to cabinet. Still getting around 30 down though!

• Like 1

The catch to that price is its 99.9a litre but I get 5p a litre discount all day every day at 3 garages local to me.

• Like 1

Im going to be having unleaded at 94.9p tommorow. Happy motoring, lol

I can't even remember prices that low...

The catch to that price is its 99.9a litre but I get 5p a litre discount all day every day at 3 garages local to me.

And the truth comes out! There was me all set to move to Worcestershire!! :lol:

yes much fill up the cars tomorrow and take some cans for the bikes

yes much fill up the cars tomorrow and take some cans for the bikes

I might take my 5 litre can as well. Don't need it for anything (only other petrol operated equipment is the mowers) but at the low price I may as well get as much as I can. I can always dump it into the tank when the level goes down.

• Like 1

And the truth comes out! There was me all set to move to Worcestershire!! :lol:

Ha ha. Stay where you are,

Some years ago, the channel islands were significantly cheaper (20p per litre: compared to 50p per litre) than the mainland.

A mate of mine used to take his plant on a couple of low loaders over to Guernsey, together with several empty barrels, on a Sunday. Fill everything up and come back on the next ferry. He used to say, that the inconvenience of lost Sundays was worth the savings made; which ran into £1000's a year

Some years ago, the channel islands were significantly cheaper (20p per litre: compared to 50p per litre) than the mainland.

A mate of mine used to take his plant on a couple of low loaders over to Guernsey, together with several empty barrels, on a Sunday. Fill everything up and come back on the next ferry. He used to say, that the inconvenience of lost Sundays was worth the savings made; which ran into £1000's a year

Jersey is where my wife is from, used to always run the car dry just before getting there then fuel up right to the brim before coming back. Now though, I can claim back vat, it's actually cheaper to get it in the UK.

• Like 2

We have many fond memories of Jersey - shame the Pontins holiday camp has closed - had a lot of fun there in the late 60's & early 70's :)

• Like 1

I do like coming home in the morning and getting the woodburner going, I also like realising how much kindling we've accumulated and seasoned - should last us the winter that lot together with log store number 2 full of freshly seasoned logs (log store number 1 is nearly empty)

• Like 2

Went to jersey for first time last year, facinating history. ( underground hospital)

• Like 3

I've been fortunate enough to visit Jersey 4 times so far & will always keep going back, the underground hospital is an eye opener - especially to the young.

The fast cat from Poole makes Jersey far more accessible than before :)

• Like 1

Never visited jersey, worked a 6 month stint out on Guernsey in my distant youth, twas a lovely little island. Working summer through to winter I got to witness the surfing up in vazon bay as well. Them were the days

• Like 1

We have many fond memories of Jersey - shame the Pontins holiday camp has closed - had a lot of fun there in the late 60's & early 70's :)

Doesn't even exist now, they flattened it a year or so ago and did a headland regeneration scheme, whole place is grassy now, you'd never guess there was anything EVER built there in the past..

I've been fortunate enough to visit Jersey 4 times so far & will always keep going back, the underground hospital is an eye opener - especially to the young.

Funny thing was, I believe the fast ferry from Poole actually takes longer than one of its predecessors that used to leave Weymouth, due to the fact that the ferry has to slow right down as it enters the bay/harbour in Poole.

Also it's further to drive too! Grrrrr.

Last journey TO Jersey only seemed to take about 20 mins, I ate some food then lay on the floor and I was out for the count hahaha.

• Like 1

When I went I flew there, well I didnt , but the plane did. Big shed for a terminal. Lol, jumped on a double decker bus and in to town.

When I went I flew there, well I didnt , but the plane did. Big shed for a terminal. Lol, jumped on a double decker bus and in to town.

The arrivals building is quite an old building, 20's-30's I think? There has been talk for a few years of knocking it down because of its proximity to the runway... Seems daft to me, once a plane starts to go wrong, no where is particularly safe...

The departures is a biiig shed, all "modern" and the like... It's alright.. I guess Haha.

Only ever been on the bus once in Jersey, that was when I was did some work experience there and the office bunch had to go up to a local business and we all jumped onto a bus... Every other time I've driven..

Lovely place, but the halfwits in range rovers ruin the driving experience. Terrified to tuck in, don't want to pull into a field entrance to let people past. Far too big for the roads, and typically the drivers brains are far too small for the roads! Which is amusing because I've come face to face with ferraris over there that will back up, tuck in etc.. But the Chelsea tractor twits wouldn't know common sense if it kicked them in the walnuts.

• Like 1

I think the ferry takes / took around 7 hours ?, only used it twice, before the fast cat existed, Fast cat is about 4 ish hours i.i.r.c. - never flown there yet as we like taking the car to explore the many beautiful beaches & countryside.

Shame about Pontins - those were the days :)

• Like 2

I do like taking the dog for her extended weekend walk. :)

She met some sheep, despite being a bit of a collie, she seemed a little intimidated by the crowd of woolly ones and went a bit shy. There used to be sheep all over the Purbecks, once. But since, the foot and mouth outbreak in the noneties: sheep farming seems largely to have been abandoned.

I inadvertently tripped over a rabbit hole, foot slipped down hole, I fell face first into a clump of mixed brambles and briars :o - the dog thought it was a game and jumped on top of me :D Which didn't help! :P

I do like coming home in the morning and getting the woodburner going, I also like realising how much kindling we've accumulated and seasoned - should last us the winter that lot together with log store number 2 full of freshly seasoned logs (log store number 1 is nearly empty)

Kindling and logs soon mount up over the season, I had to build yet another log store this year and extended two of my existing ones!

Now, all along my rear passage, I have an avenue of log stores and water butts - with little space left for further ones!

Can dogs go on the fast cat and accompany their humans on deck? Could 'do' a channel Island on one of our extended weekend walks, Poole is literally about 6 miles down the road

On the normal ferries, they have to stay in the crates, in the cars - which Brandy wouldn't tolerate for long, particularly if the car deck goes dark, when travel is underway. As a consequence, I've never been able to take her to the Channel Islands :(

Funny thing was, I believe the fast ferry from Poole actually takes longer than one of its predecessors that used to leave Weymouth, due to the fact that the ferry has to slow right down as it enters the bay/harbour in Poole.

Also it's further to drive too! Grrrrr.

Last journey TO Jersey only seemed to take about 20 mins, I ate some food then lay on the floor and I was out for the count hahaha.

From what I recall Weymouth is better organised port - although haven't been there since the late 1990's. Poole has more of an afterthought feel about it - let's stick a passenger terminal in this space, amongst the commercial port buildings! :lol: .

Last time we went to Jersey on the fast cat ( 2 years ago ) dogs were not allowed on the passenger decks - they have to stay in your vehicle - although you were / are allowed to visit them periodically on the car deck

Beware of '' sheep worrying '' farmers can legally shoot your dog :(

• Like 1

Beware of '' sheep worrying '' farmers can legally shoot your dog :(

I know, Brandy goes on her lead, when we cross fields with live stock in them. :)

and if there are young lambs or calves with their mothers - we don't go into the fields - it's not fair to either the cows and sheep. To them, Brandy is a small wolf and predator

Last time we went to Jersey on the fast cat ( 2 years ago ) dogs were not allowed on the passenger decks - they have to stay in your vehicle - although you were / are allowed to visit them periodically on the car deck

I could see me having to visit her every five minutes, with her separation anxiety

Our little pooch doesn't suffer too much from separation anxiety . . . . we do though !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club