Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

At least you've got the opportunities there, I'm sure you'll achieve it.

Yeah hopefully. I'm currently doing 2 hospital placements whilst doing my masters. Trying to do ECGs, vital sign tests, echocardiograms, observe cardiac MRIs and interpret the results etc all to try and show my interest to cardiology and my direct patient experience. One of my friends is doing a masters and told me in her uni she meets 2 well known people who are known for their cardiology so might ask her if I'm able to meet them when this restriction is lifted. This year there's 31 vacancies and around 500 people apply each year so it's competitive. A third is removed from the list if they score in the low third of the appitude tests, 93 is selected for the interview and 31 is selected for reserve so I was close and did well on my first attempt. What makes me happy is they say being put in the reserve list means I met their criteria to get into the training course but didn't score high enough to get put in the interview list. I'm just looking at how else I can improve my answers on the application. This time I believe I've greatly improved the answered and meet all the person specifications. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Heard it'll get to 19 degrees on Sunday so good weather then

Let's hope so, been cold doing jobs outside this week so far.

Wish I was at work with the weather currently. Only been off a week so far and keen to get back. 

• Like 2

I do like finding a surprising photo used by this seller of a laptop stand on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RFCBZVJ/ref=psdc_200993031_t3_B07GFRCN6R?pldnSite=1  (only on the black version) :laughing:.

On the same subject, if anyone has a good recommendation of a laptop stand then please let me know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

"In a hostile, post-pandemic world, Joel and Ellie, brought together by desperate circumstances, must rely on each other to survive a brutal journey across what remains of the USA."

Is this a game or serious training for the reality in a few weeks time!? :unsure: 

Of course, it's PlayStation only... :dry:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Well I guess I'll have time to gave the ST a good wash and wax this weekend :bored:

It's gonna be hot and full sun...  You'll just get watermarks everywhere! 😮 

It's hot enough now. Just been for a 90 min walk with the dog in some fields not far from us . Went with coat expecting the cold temp still. I was melting even without coat on in the full sun with brisk walking included. 

• Like 3

Yeah try having night storage heaters when the weather is like this, I'm either too cold or too damn hot.

I have been calling my mum on handsfree when I go for my daily walk, I went for about 45 mins yesterday, coat on, got back in and had to end the call quite abruptly as I needed to get my coat off and untangle the wires as I was instantly melting the moment I got in the door. 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Did you see mw2 remastered? Really surprised how this game just poofed out of nowhere. I'm just curious if they'll bring multiplayer back. 

Uncharted 4 will be free to download on psn I believe from today or in a few days so can't wait to play that. Have been playing the bioshock collection and that's a really good game 

Yeah try having night storage heaters when the weather is like this, I'm either too cold or too damn hot.

That's how they are in any weather tbf! :laugh:  Mine is still broken (since January!) but it's a combi with convector attached so I've just been using the convector for a burst now and then...hasn't worked out any more expensive surprisingly, but it is making the temp differential very interesting!  It's warmer outdoors now than it was indoors when I got up this morning! :unsure: 

I have been calling my mum on handsfree when I go for my daily walk, I went for about 45 mins yesterday, coat on, got back in and had to end the call quite abruptly as I needed to get my coat off and untangle the wires as I was instantly melting the moment I got in the door. 😅

Storage heaters are a pain in the backside regardless of the weather.  We had them in one of our houses and I had them in my first flat, to say I hated them with a passion would be an understatement.  Thank goodness for gas central heating!

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Storage heaters are a pain in the backside regardless of the weather.  We had them in one of our houses and I had them in my first flat, to say I hated them with a passion would be an understatement.  Thank goodness for gas central heating!

Yeah you need a bit of a crystal ball at any time of year, I try and check the weather  every day to plan what to put them on, but just recently, with the really cold night and mild days, I'm really struggling to find where they need to be.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zico said:

I do like finding a surprising photo used by this seller of a laptop stand on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RFCBZVJ/ref=psdc_200993031_t3_B07GFRCN6R?pldnSite=1  (only on the black version) :laughing:.

On the same subject, if anyone has a good recommendation of a laptop stand then please let me know.

I have the amazon Basics stand (similar to the one in the link but not the same) and can definitely recommend it. Supports my Dell G5 nicely. 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's gonna be hot and full sun...  You'll just get watermarks everywhere! 😮 

Not if you have Koch chemie fse 😏. I always use this spray now when finishing off the car. Adds a lot of gloss to the paint whilst removing water spots

Screenshot_20200402-141705.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Not if you have Koch chemie fse 😏. I always use this spray now when finishing off the car. Adds a lot of gloss to the paint whilst removing water spots

Screenshot_20200402-141705.png

You just love getting your Koch out on here! :tongue:

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You just love getting your Koch out on here! :tongue:

I knew there was gonna be some sort of joke to this company 😂

I did create my own hand sanitiser 

Screenshot_20200402-145837.png

• Like 3

I do like making some mac and cheese!  Such a good meal to cheer yourself up on a stormy day in isolation... :wink:

20200402_171543.thumb.jpg.790dfec68e230ecb92457532389f60a9.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I knew there was gonna be some sort of joke to this company 😂

I did create my own hand sanitiser 

Screenshot_20200402-145837.png

Made some 80% myself last night in work 😅 

80ml ethanol 20ml Water add some vegetable glycerine to stop It drying out your skin and keep well away from naked flames 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Made some 80% myself last night in work 😅 

80ml ethanol 20ml Water add some vegetable glycerine to stop It drying out your skin and keep well away from naked flames 

Not recommended for smokers right before lighting up then? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like making some mac and cheese!  Such a good meal to cheer yourself up on a stormy day in isolation... :wink:

I'll get my coat and come visit 😋. Need anything to cheer me up 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Not recommended for smokers right before lighting up then? :laugh:

#FireInTheDisco 😂 you just remind me of electric six 

giphy.gif.2f113d70e09b1e73c1bf3767438e4faf.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'll get my coat and come visit 😋. Need anything to cheer me up 

As long as you clean my car! :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

As long as you clean my car! :laugh:

I'll bring everything down including my machine polisher 😂. Will make it like brand new 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Love a Mac and cheese with chopped jalapenos added 😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

Love a Mac and cheese with chopped jalapenos added 😎

Never thought to add those, might do next time!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club