Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the FordPass App just a trendy waste of time?

Linds

4 minutes ago, Frowma said:

Surely the tracking only works if you pay Voda for a sim package. I refuse to pay their extortionate prices.

Ford have said the tracking, remote and app features will continue without subscripton.

You only have to pay for the WiFi hotspot and live traffic features.

3 hours ago, Frowma said:

Surely the tracking only works if you pay Voda for a sim package. I refuse to pay their extortionate prices.

Modem seems to work without data. Sends alerts to your phone, Live Traffic, auto Updates, remote engine start, locking/unlocking. 
Vodafone data hotspot maybe for passengers with tablets . Can’t really think of any other reasons. 

☝️ *just spotted your post there Alex 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:49 AM, Alex.S said:

Is applink just for cars that don’t have FordPass connect ? 

applink has little to do with the fordpass app, it's the system that allows the mobile apps to connect to sync3  (I think)

IMG_20201204_170706.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2020 at 10:03 PM, Stoney871 said:

The app is useful because it can lock/unlock your car (if correct spec), display warning messages, track your car, book services, call Ford roadside assistance, warn you if your alarm is activated, send pre-planned navigation routes from your phone & access owners handbooks and how-to guides.
Seems pretty useful to me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

May i ask how you get it to send maps to the sat nav? I've tried numerous times and watched YT videos but mine only works when I'm sat in the car, in which case i can just use the Nav directly. 

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club