Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga phev recall

Nems

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Yeah , others still on. It's normally quite a few days showing on there until others push them off the list. 

True, maybe there will be an update tomorrow. Gonna check the FSA page quick

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

FSA hasn't changed yet.

Maybe it was a ***** up and it was fine all along? Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

I got a call from Ford Head Office saying the fix does not work and that they are working on a solution They had better come up with something soon before the reputation pf the PHEV is rubbished for good. 

• Like 1

If they deal with as well as they have with the satnav maps issue it'll probably be sometime next year .

• Like 1

Just had a call with Ford Customer service who confirm that the ‘fix’ doesn’t work and they cannot give a date when the recall will be rectified. We only use the vehicle for the electric side as all short journeys so not happy at all. If Ford use the term ‘goodwill’ any more I will blow my top ! I bought an electric vehicle, paid much more than the standard petrol and now I have to treat it as a petrol car - not happy !!!

Not good.  It's why I prefer never to buy the first examples of a new model.  Broke that rule with the Focus to be fair but got away with it I think.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait for a fix. Annoyingly this now affects every PHEV Kuga built. 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else thinking of rejecting this car as it’s unfit for purpose?

• Like 1

I would support a movement to reject these cars as being not fit for purpose , false advertising etc. anybody know a good consumer lawyer ?

AT the very least we should get compensated for the inconvenience which would have suffered

My first Ford purchase for twenty years wish I hadn't bothered . Customer service a joke

Anyone got any updates ? My Kuga PHEV was booked in for new part on 4th Sept - that then got cancelled by the dealer and then a letter received 2 weeks ago said 'still dont charge whilst we find a fix'. Best part of 7 weeks now since ive been able to charge it. Also Ford have said 3 years free servicing as a good will gesture - apparently it will appear as a note in your ford pass app - nothing yet !! Not good. 

Nope still nothing, the last communication we had was about keeping the old "faulty" vents and not throwing them away

Hi has anyone heard anything more about phev recall situation, as ordered ours and told fibs by ford garage firstly car was at Dagenham when they admitted what was going on , next car was at Valencia factory  odd the car had gone back , don’t think they remembered what they had said , and now nothing strangely man dealing with us , is on holiday, bloomin new cars !!

i know recall had stopped because of problems what’s happening now ??

5 hours ago, Rogue 1 said:

Hi has anyone heard anything more about phev recall situation, as ordered ours and told fibs by ford garage firstly car was at Dagenham when they admitted what was going on , next car was at Valencia factory  odd the car had gone back , don’t think they remembered what they had said , and now nothing strangely man dealing with us , is on holiday, bloomin new cars !!

i know recall had stopped because of problems what’s happening now ??

I'd ignore what the salesmen say about where your car is until it's actually arrived, sometimes the system is buggy and gives false delivery tracking and the salesman will just tell you what you want to hear to keep you happy. 

As for the recall there's no new info yet. Should be fairly soon though. 

Hi, I have a Kuga PHEV.  Went in for the first recall, second recall was cancelled. Having spoken with Ford today they haven’t got a fix for this problem yet.  On Sat 12.9.  My car wouldn’t start, I had to call the RAC, the problem was the 12v battery. They charged it and we left immediately for our holiday.  On the 25.9. The car would not start again, called out the RAC again. We could only open the drivers door by key.  They arrived and they couldn’t open the bonnet as you have to have the passenger door open to turn the bonnet opener.  After climbing through the car to the boot (where the 12v battery is located) connecting leads and waiting to be able to put enough charge, the car opened.  The battery had a bad cell and we were advised not to travel any distance with this battery. So we had to replace it.

Ford need us to take it to a dealer to confirm it’s the right battery before they will consider reimbursement. We have the old battery and the RAC report.

Has anyone else had any problems?

Car going to dealers tomorrow.

Kate

18 hours ago, Kate Kuga said:

Hi, I have a Kuga PHEV.  Went in for the first recall, second recall was cancelled. Having spoken with Ford today they haven’t got a fix for this problem yet.  On Sat 12.9.  My car wouldn’t start, I had to call the RAC, the problem was the 12v battery. They charged it and we left immediately for our holiday.  On the 25.9. The car would not start again, called out the RAC again. We could only open the drivers door by key.  They arrived and they couldn’t open the bonnet as you have to have the passenger door open to turn the bonnet opener.  After climbing through the car to the boot (where the 12v battery is located) connecting leads and waiting to be able to put enough charge, the car opened.  The battery had a bad cell and we were advised not to travel any distance with this battery. So we had to replace it.

Ford need us to take it to a dealer to confirm it’s the right battery before they will consider reimbursement. We have the old battery and the RAC report.

Has anyone else had any problems?

Car going to dealers tomorrow.

Kate

Not with faulty batteries but I have had the batteries not being charged by the car. When you take it to your dealer make sure they test whether the battery is being charged up or not. 

Hi guys. I am a new member today. I am absolutely fuming about the Kuga PHEV situation..

I bought a ST Line 1st Edition  PHEV on 4 September. I was told that , before delivery, a modification would be carried out due to the 1st recall. When I collected the car I was told that it could not be done as there was a second recall. Like everyone else I was told not to charge the vehicle and to run it only in Auto mode. i was assure it would only be a couple of weeks before a resolution. About 10 days later the vehicle broke down when I went back to it about 2 miles from my home. I could not get in the vehicle at first but used the manual key to gain entry. Nothing else was working. All this will sound familiar to some of you. The AA attended and used jump leads to start it. I was advised by the AA to run the car for an hour to chrage the normal 12v battery. I did so.  The following day I took it to the dealership where I bought it.  Very apologetic. They said they would carry out a small modification which would prevent the battery going flat and test it to make sure it was OK. I told them that I was considering rejection of the vehicle as, like many others, I bought it for its short distance electric mode. I was threatened that if I rejected it I would be left without a vehicle as I would be unable to continue using the car. I was spitting feathers.!  I refused to accept the vehicle back and insisted on a loan vehicle until it was fully fixed. After a lot of messing about I now have a hire vehicle ( Hyundai Tucson Automatic) and Ford have agreed to pay for it until mine is fully fixed. All Ford departments have been of little help though the girl who calls me every Friday from customer relations, is very polite and apologetic.  I too have been offered three years servicing but I have said that such an offer is the minimum they should offer. Ford, I believe, are relying on keeping this is quiet as possible so that we, the owners, do not get together and take action.  Communication with Ford is appalling and I have been refused details of the CEO to contact him/her. I have started looking at other PHEVs as I do not have confidence in Ford to resolve this. I understand that other makes are also having problems of a similar nature. I feel a bit in limbo now. I am prepared to reject the car and suffer the inconvenience and extra expense of a hire car whilst I choose a new car with the inevitable delay in delivery. The last I heard was that Ford had ceased production of the model in Valencia. That does not sound good to me. Is it possible there is no solution?. If not, then there are going to be about 30,000 very unhappy customers.  Ford have handled this matter very badly. I said 40 years ago I would never buy a Ford again. Have I made a mistake?  I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that I have!

Honestly the only hybrids I'd trust at the moment are toyota/Lexus.  I know people with BMW and Merc hybrids with similar horror stories.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Honestly the only hybrids I'd trust at the moment are toyota/Lexus

Yeah, a family round the corner from me currently has a Corolla, Yaris and C-HR and have had nothing but Toyota or Lexus hybrids for as long as they've been on the market, so they must be pretty satisfied with them.

• Like 1

Hi, the car went back to the dealer yesterday for the check that the right 12v battery had been fitted by the RAC.  This has been confirmed, they also checked the old battery and confirmed it had a bad cell and did need to be replaced.

They asked why I didn’t use Ford Assist, if I had I wouldn’t be having this problem. On collecting the vehicle they said they need to have the old battery back.  I said when I’m reimbursed they can have it but until then I’ll keep it as at this time both batteries belong to me.

We had asked for a drain test but were told they would need it all day again.

So frustrating.

Ford are sending out emails to SOME Kuga PHEV customers saying the modification is going to take MONTHS rather then weeks and offering a £500 petrol voucher in addition to the three years free servicing. The free servicing should appear on Fordpass but it has not appeared on mine yet. Unbelievable!

That doesn't sound good!

I'm from The Netherlands and communication from Ford-NL is not so good. My dealer called me last week saying they expect to have a solution in a short time (they couldn't mention a real date). Today, after I read above post about "MONTHS rather then weeks", I called Ford-NL and they said they know about the emails sent to some UK customers. When I asked about the MONTHS rather then weeks I didn't get a clear answer. They only mentioned we will receive a letter within 2 weeks....hmmmm.... 🙁

The email from Ford 

Dear Ford Customer

I wanted to write to you with an update regarding your Kuga PHEV and to outline the key actions we are taking. Above all, we want to assure you that your safety remains our primary focus and concern.

Despite an extensive testing regime in the run up to the launch of the Kuga PHEV, we subsequently discovered an isolated number of cases where issues related to the operation of the battery and in the way that the car dissipates heat from the battery. In a handful of cases, this led to overheating, resulting from the venting of the battery which had the knock-on effect of causing a vehicle fire. For this reason, we have communicated with you to not charge the battery and to only operate your Kuga PHEV in EV Auto mode. As long as you do this, your vehicle remains safe to drive. 

We are continuing to investigate the issue, with the involvement of our global teams, to ascertain the root cause and the corrective solution. I would ask you to please bear with us as we work with urgency to develop a complete and approved service solution for your vehicle. As soon as we are ready to move ahead, we will contact you for an appointment with your local Ford dealership. The reality is this solution may take longer to resolve for you than we had initially anticipated or would wish for. While we cannot be precise at this time, this may be a matter of months rather than weeks.

As a further gesture of good will, in addition to the 3 years Maintenance service provision communicated to you, we want to acknowledge that the fuel economy of your car may not be what you may have expected when you took delivery of your Kuga PHEV. To that end, we are going to be sending you a fuel card for use at BP and Circle K filling stations to the value of £500 as an appreciation of your loyalty while we work on the solution. Please allow up to 3 weeks for this card to arrive to you via post. The 3 years maintenance service plan will automatically be added to your vehicle and more information, including policy number, will be communicated to you via email shortly.

We would once again reiterate that you should not plug your vehicle in to charge the high voltage battery. It is also important that you leave your Kuga PHEV in the default “Auto EV” drive mode for every journey. We would encourage you to connect your Kuga to the FordPass app (Apple App Store / Google Play Store), this will enable the latest software to be loaded to your vehicle and give you direct access to future communications. There is a video showing you how to connect here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club