loom configuration page 21

installation instruction page 21.JPG

loom configuration page 22

installation instruction page 22.JPG

earth positioning page 23

installation instruction page 23.JPG

cam mounting template page 24

installation instruction page 24.JPG

typical cam mounting template page 25 remaining pages variations depending on model

installation instruction page 25.JPG

Just been giving cost of £172.40 for professionally fitting cam at ford main dealer. Happy with that only £22.40 more than i estimated roll on tuesday.

3 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Just been giving cost of £172.40 for professionally fitting cam at ford main dealer. Happy with that only £22.40 more than i estimated roll on tuesday.

The pics you’ve provided will be handy to a fair few people down the line I think! Hope the fitment goes well and that ultimately, you never need to use any of the recordings 🙂 

cheers never enough information about and i bet i don't get the instructions etc back after fitment so can at least refer back and also check installation is proper lol

• Like 1

supplied micro sdhc 16Gb memory card. Once cam fitted will check to see if sdxc cards work as this could expand recording considerably otherwise would be limited to 32Gb instead of 1Tb max

IMG_2491.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Cam fitted nice and conspicuous. hidden behind rear view mirror. 

cam mount_LI.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just had it fitted only records in 1 3 or 5mins slots cant get it to continuously record and have to start it manually. So you have to start recording before you crash . Paid £400 for camera and to be fitted . Its shows on the web site you can control it from the sync system but not yet available in the UK buy the looms of it .To me its a total waste of money Put my Next Base back in . I just wish ford would actually do something right for once

42 minutes ago, Lezlie said:

Just had it fitted only records in 1 3 or 5mins slots cant get it to continuously record and have to start it manually. So you have to start recording before you crash . Paid £400 for camera and to be fitted . Its shows on the web site you can control it from the sync system but not yet available in the UK buy the looms of it .To me its a total waste of money Put my Next Base back in . I just wish ford would actually do something right for once

I think I would be pursuing a full refund under not fit for purpose, if website shows it does a b and c and it doesn't then its not as described.

The problem is it gives very information what features there are . If you look at the web site it gives about 5 pictures and that's it . I just assumed it would at least do the same as a £70 dash cam. They aren't misleading you. And like most of the sync 3 apps we get 4 in the uk . Only got it because the next base made the screen cultured. And as nobody has done any reviews i thought i take the chance.

1 hour ago, Lezlie said:

The dash cam records constantly its just not visible it is in a continuous loop recording over until G sensor operates then prevents over writing that part.

It records 1 minute before sensor operates and then 1, 3 or 5 mins after depending on configuration.

This is not designed to be a 24/7 cam but have option of instant record if you are caught up in an incident. As above if will capture it.

It is not advertised as a 24/7 cam as far as i'm concerned it does what it says on the can. No cams record constantly unless you have one fitted to a police car and then they are still manually operated as well.

To record 24/7 your memory card would have to be 1Tb costing more than the cam and flatten car battery and probably overheat too. That's why they are designed to operate when motion/g senor operates.

You can operate it on sync 3 screen as an app on your phone. Disadvantage of this is while app is running you cant use in conjunction with  apple car play at same time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

The dash cam records constantly its just not visible it is in a continuous loop recording over until G sensor operates then prevents over writing that part.

It records 1 minute before sensor operates and then 1, 3 or 5 mins after depending on configuration.

This is not designed to be a 24/7 cam but have option of instant record if you are caught up in an incident. As above if will capture it.

It is not advertised as a 24/7 cam as far as i'm concerned it does what it says on the can. No cams record constantly unless you have one fitted to a police car and then they are still manually operated as well.

To record 24/7 your memory card would have to be 1Tb costing more than the cam and flatten car battery and probably overheat too. That's why they are designed to operate when motion/g senor operates.

You can operate it on sync 3 screen as an app on your phone. Disadvantage of this is while app is running you cant use in conjunction with  apple car play at same time.

Thanks that maybe so for this camera but your wrong on dash cams continuously recording . Myself , wife and two son all have different dash cams and all continuously record in blocks of 5 mins or so. Plus why is youtube full of dashcam videos of other people's as well as their own accidents. 

Just now, Lezlie said:

Thanks that maybe so for this camera but your wrong on dash cams continuously recording . Myself , wife and two son all have different dash cams and all continuously record in blocks of 5 mins or so. Plus why is youtube full of dashcam videos of other people's as well as their own accidents. 

As you said above blocks of 5 mins. Put the brakes on and cam will record 1 min before and 5 min after therefore must be recording constantly to  capture before event. Its meant for recording incidents not journey.

Just the g force of going round a roundabout sets it off. Your own accident will be captured  sensor will start cam recording it.

Youtube full of dashcam footage operated manually same for police cars. If you want constant video use a go pro. If it blocks your vision then you will get prosecuted.

5mins is a long time on video and if you get a batch of captured video and good at editing you can stitch them together for longer video capture.

Also video quality effects file size.

22 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

As you said above blocks of 5 mins. Put the brakes on and cam will record 1 min before and 5 min after therefore must be recording constantly to  capture before event. Its meant for recording incidents not journey.

Just the g force of going round a roundabout sets it off. Your own accident will be captured  sensor will start cam recording it.

Youtube full of dashcam footage operated manually same for police cars. If you want constant video use a go pro. If it blocks your vision then you will get prosecuted.

5mins is a long time on video and if you get a batch of captured video and good at editing you can stitch them together for longer video capture.

Also video quality effects file size.

How does it record a minute before if it does not continuously record . Is this done on internal RAM . By the way thanks for the advice appreciated. 

30 minutes ago, Lezlie said:

How does it record a minute before if it does not continuously record . Is this done on internal RAM . By the way thanks for the advice appreciated. 

It is constantly recording just doesn't indicate it as it is constantly over writing the memory card. when cam sensors gforce it takes a minute before as index writes a file ironically called crash01 etc which is permanent on card till deleted so can never be over written. This recording file crashxx.mpg set for 5mins in config is about 245Mbs. once memory card can't store anymore information due to holding non writeable files you have to physically download and delete off card for it to continuously function. 

I have asked ford it it can read micro sdxc cards but have had no reply. currently comes with 16gb sdhc card so can definitely double capacity to 32 Gb micro sdhc card.

cap5.JPG

15 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

It is constantly recording just doesn't indicate it as it is constantly over writing the memory card. when cam sensors gforce it takes a minute before as index writes a file ironically called crash01 etc which is permanent on card till deleted so can never be over written. This recording file crashxx.mpg set for 5mins in config is about 245Mbs. once memory card can't store anymore information due to holding non writeable files you have to physically download and delete off card for it to continuously function. 

I have asked ford it it can read micro sdxc cards but have had no reply. currently comes with 16gb sdhc card so can definitely double capacity to 32 Gb micro sdhc card.

cap5.JPG

Thanks for all your help you should write their manual. Yes your 100% correct. Now i have had it for a week and with your help works great. As you said you dont see the recording unless you trip the g sensor or have an even. Saw an accident on the way home and hit the record  it recorded 1min before and 3 after . So to be honest you dont need more than the card it comes with as that covers about 1hr so you just download what you need to your phone.

I feel better now it works and understood as you can understand i just paid £38k for a kuga st line x first edition and i wanted a good camera for it.

Once again thankyou happy xmas , new year and safe driving.

• Like 1

Hello ST Line,

Thanks for posting the instruction book, it appears the unit has only 3 connections which I believe are Batt +, Ign & Batt neg.

There appears to be no connection to the Sync 3 unit and if you download the app to your iPhone and plug in with a USB lead the App appears on the Sync 3 screen and a message says it will only work with the dash cam connected.

I think this can be fitted DIY and not require technical input, the hard bit will be getting the cable to the fuse boxes.

I may buy one if I can get it for a good price!

Thanks

Don

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D John said:

Hello ST Line,

Thanks for posting the instruction book, it appears the unit has only 3 connections which I believe are Batt +, Ign & Batt neg.

There appears to be no connection to the Sync 3 unit and if you download the app to your iPhone and plug in with a USB lead the App appears on the Sync 3 screen and a message says it will only work with the dash cam connected.

I think this can be fitted DIY and not require technical input, the hard bit will be getting the cable to the fuse boxes.

I may buy one if I can get it for a good price!

Thanks

Don

You won't be disappointed.👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 10:30 PM, st line x 140 driver said:

You won't be disappointed.👍

Hi st line!

I have to say this is a very nice product presentation you have there! Thank you.

Now I can say that with the latest app update there are a number of improvements and bug fixes that was implemented:

• Continuous recording
  • Start recording with ignition
  • 10 minutes video recording time
  • Update Time/ Date thru GPS
  • Wi-Fi improvement
  • BLE improvement
  • Live stream viewer changed
  • Live stream image loading counter
  • Add another Event file if Event recording is in progress and the Event button is pressed again
  • Select all option in SD Card files and Local files operations
  • Total download progress bar
  • SD Card info in SD Card file view
  • Thumbnail refresh progress bar

You only have to update the app (from App Store or Google Play) and the DashCam's firmware (a very simple procedure).

Here's the update procedure: 

We are open for any feedback or suggestion you may have.

Thank you!

Cheers!

Ovidiu

Falcon Electronics dev team.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club