Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Fiesta StLine X 155 Mhev

Mavroz

Picked the Mrs car up a little earlier today. Fiesta StLine X 155 Mhev 2021 model.

To be fair, I have had very little time in it driving but did have a quick 15 minutes ish to see what the car is like.

Initially, the car looks very similar to my 2019 plate but is very different.

Immediately noticeable are the extra sensors around the car, an extra couple on the rear bumper sides, from bumper and seemingly on each fog light. These must be for the Auto Park assist which hasn't been tried out yet but you can select park assist on the LHS, RHS and even bay parking which was initially a bit of a surprise.

Car interior is very similar with a couple of subtle trim changes and a few extra buttons. The drive seat and passenger seat ride heights are also adjustable.

The car has a different button to press that changes between Eco, Normal and Sport mode. 

When in sport mode, the acceleration appears to be much, much faster than my 140bhp as the hybrid car i guess is assisted by the electric side to give it that extra oomph. As said this is very noticeable when pulling away from a standing start or accelerating through the lower gears. 

Didn't want to do too much until the car has settled down and bedded in a little.

Something else noticeable is the dash icons and display settings which shows when the car is assisting with the electric side of things and also when the car is charging from deceleration .... when you take your foot off of the accelerator, it feels like the car is braking slightly or possibly engine braking such as changing down a gear.

The sync seems to be 3.4 and is much more responsive / faster than the on screen presses of my car.

There seems to be so much to go through for both of us over the next few days and weeks which will be interesting.

Under the bonnet is a totally different picture to my StLx. The layout, engine, turbo, blah blah blah all look very different and different layout. There is also a nice little removable engine cover with the car now. (Shown in the picture below).

The dealer has ordered 2 x rear mats as they weren't in the car when they noticed this earlier in the week. These will arrive next week and they are going to take them to the mrs work for her. Plus they put a boot liner in the car (the rubberised Ford one) along with (sits on top of) the standard boot carpet, free of charge plus two thirds a tank of fuel as Christmas gifts, haha. Nice service.

Anyway, just a brief rundown, will add more if and when necessary.

20201219_171114.thumb.jpg.92f8ff611ef74cbef8d8695e01d2a595.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

When in sport mode, the acceleration appears to be much, much faster than my 140bhp as the hybrid car i guess is assisted by the electric side to give it that extra oomph. As said this is very noticeable when pulling away from a standing start or accelerating through the lower gears. 

Like the sound of that! Thanks for the first impressions Martin, look forward to reading more when you've had a good play with it!😃

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick review.

Keep us updated. I'm sure it might be on my list of cars to look at when I update in a few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robbyvrs said:

Wonder if the engine cover fits the earlier models?

No, i don't think it will The engine looks very different and has a different layout to mine.

There are visible pulleys with a belt (s) on the LHS as you look at it also now. 

There are even locating holes on the engine casing for the cover to locate into.

The cars look similar but under the bonnet, the differences are very noticeable.

21 hours ago, Mavroz said:

No, i don't think it will The engine looks very different and has a different layout to mine.

Yes, I understand the new one has the head reversed  and lots of other changes. You can see from mine (Focus cover carved to fit) the oil filler is in a completely different place, for instance.

IMG_20190610_131858_hdr.jpg

I've noticed on the 70 plate I've got at the moment that you can set the rolling speed at which stop start will happen.

Got mine this week too (had an 18 plate 140 st line X before). 

Any idea what the blue icon is that indicates taking your foot off the pedal? I can't work it out and not in the manual. I think it seems linked to eco driving? 

Really is quite different to drive. The engine braking (the battery harvesting energy) is quite strong as soon as you come off the power. I've not done many miles at all yet and certainly not pushing the engine, but it definitely feels a fair bit quicker when you put your foot down and turbo lag is almost non-existent now. Auto start/stop (which is turned off when in sport mode) now behaves a lot differently, and kicks in when under 9mph even in gear. 

I've lost my favourite cubby hole in front of the gear lever to a wireless charging pad. Also a couple of pockets are gone in the boot, presumably now housing something B&O stereo related? 

Really not keen on the lightness of the steering. Yes it's great around town and for parking, but feels way too light and false when on B roads and sport mode seems to make little difference. 

The headlights (not led) seem much better in this model, a much whiter light. 

Very early impressions, yes the turbo lag is nice to be rid of, but currently I prefer the handling and characteristics of my old model. 

• Like 1

Not been put today but I think the blue icon (looks like a turbo icon?) Is when the car is using the hybrid side to help power the car through the drive train.

The turbo lag as you say has pretty much gone now I think.

Sport mode appears to give a better acceleration... seems much quicker. Whether that is with the car being 155 bhp and hybrid assisted I don't know.

Still not tried out a lot of the extra add ons like autopark etc but I do like the little door edge protectors that pop out when you open the doors...

Camera seems a higher definition.

Assisted braking is strange but useful i guess. Was advised to set that to low.

More sensors around the car also show on the display when reversing up a drive etc.

Again, being able to adjust the seat heights is a bonus on this model.

Wireless charger saves the need for cables. Works well on both iPhone and Android. Tried both.

Not tried a night drive as of yet with the lights etc but I think my 2019 headlights are very good.

Steering feels on par with my car, cannot say I have noticed it being light. The brakes seem to have to be pressed a lot harder than my car, I guess that is while they are bedding in. 

Clutch pedal sits very high also in the new car.

One thing we aren't sure of is the Blis.... I can only guess there is some kind of indication if you have someone in your blindspot... is this on the mirror itself?

Will have another play when the mrs allows...

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a lot more tech on your wife's new car (blis, braking, auto Park etc). 

I know the blue icon you are referring to (a bit like a wheel) and yes that's when the hybrid is boosting the engine.

The one I'm on about is a pedal (who knows if it's meant to be clutch/brake/accelerator) and and arrow indicating to take your foot off it. Keep an eye out for it next time you go out if you have the eco coach option ticked (because that's what I think it's linked to). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt12341234 said:

Sounds like you have a lot more tech on your wife's new car (blis, braking, auto Park etc). 

I know the blue icon you are referring to (a bit like a wheel) and yes that's when the hybrid is boosting the engine.

The one I'm on about is a pedal (who knows if it's meant to be clutch/brake/accelerator) and and arrow indicating to take your foot off it. Keep an eye out for it next time you go out if you have the eco coach option ticked (because that's what I think it's linked to). 

Does the engine revs drop too as in (ecco) sail mode as in other manufactures. Happens when free wheeling to save fuel.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

One thing we aren't sure of is the Blis.... I can only guess there is some kind of indication if you have someone in your blindspot... is this on the mirror itself?

Blind Spot Eliminating System (or similar) - had it on my last car. In the corner of the mirrors is a symbol, if a car is passing this will light up to alert you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, I understand the new one has the head reversed  and lots of other changes. You can see from mine (Focus cover carved to fit) the oil filler is in a completely different place, for instance.

IMG_20190610_131858_hdr.jpg

Ah now i see - didn't realise the oil cap is on the other side 😞

Fitted the Focus cover to my last ST-Line -

100_2195.JPG

6 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

Ah now i see - didn't realise the oil cap is on the other side 😞

Fitted the Focus cover to my last ST-Line -

100_2195.JPG

I like the look of those red pipes.

Quick update, Mrs at work as normal today and for the first time she used the park assist to parallel park on the LHS side of the road. She said it is a little daunting but it parked perfectly in a slot she would never have been able to get in to. No hands on steering wheel, just controlling using clutch and brake... 😆

32 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Quick update, Mrs at work as normal today and for the first time she used the park assist to parallel park on the LHS side of the road. She said it is a little daunting but it parked perfectly in a slot she would never have been able to get in to. No hands on steering wheel, just controlling using clutch and brake... 😆

Be weary of this function if cars you are trying to park between are bumped up curbs then so will yours resulting in damaged alloys

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Not been put today but I think the blue icon (looks like a turbo icon?) Is when the car is using the hybrid side to help power the car through the drive train.

The turbo lag as you say has pretty much gone now I think.

Sport mode appears to give a better acceleration... seems much quicker. Whether that is with the car being 155 bhp and hybrid assisted I don't know.

Still not tried out a lot of the extra add ons like autopark etc but I do like the little door edge protectors that pop out when you open the doors...

Camera seems a higher definition.

Assisted braking is strange but useful i guess. Was advised to set that to low.

More sensors around the car also show on the display when reversing up a drive etc.

Again, being able to adjust the seat heights is a bonus on this model.

Wireless charger saves the need for cables. Works well on both IPhone and Android. Tried both.

Not tried a night drive as of yet with the lights etc but I think my 2019 headlights are very good.

Steering feels on par with my car, cannot say I have noticed it being light. The brakes seem to have to be pressed a lot harder than my car, I guess that is while they are bedding in. 

Clutch pedal sits very high also in the new car.

Will have another play when the mrs allows...

blis - orange light comes on

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

I've also noticed no "engine" braking until the recharge symbol comes on, then it's quite noticeable.

4 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

blis - orange light comes on

Capture.JPG

I mean, if you can't see that massive red Fiesta, you're unlikely to spot that little light! :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I mean, if you can't see that massive red Fiesta, you're unlikely to spot that little light! :biggrin: 

And how can the Fiesta be in a blind spot if it's filling the mirror anyway?😀

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

And how can the Fiesta be in a blind spot if it's filling the mirror anyway?😀

Works very well. Obviously for advertising purposes its there to show you what its monitoring.

If there was nothing in your mirrors ie blindspot (blis) you would be scratching your heads and saying there's a light on my mirror don't know what it means but everytime i pull out i hear a horn.😁

38 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Works very well.

Lol, I was being lighthearted there, but I'm sure it does.😀

Can't help thinking though, it's a shame we can't have cars nowadays that meet crash resistance legislation, without compromising visibility so much that we need reversing aids, rear view cameras, BLIS etc, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, I was being lighthearted there, but I'm sure it does.😀

Can't help thinking though, it's a shame we can't have cars nowadays that meet crash resistance legislation, without compromising visibility so much that we need reversing aids, rear view cameras, BLIS etc, etc.

I can't comment on the Fiesta but the width of those damn front pillars on the Focus particularly the drivers one almost had me running over another old dear today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Wino said:

almost had me running over another old dear today. 

What? You mean you've run over one already?😀

59 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

What? You mean you've run over one already?😀

With the state of the roads atm it's very hard to tell if it's a speed bump or something/one else 😮

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club