Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 MHEV Digital Dash Warning Signs

TomsFocus

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My app says it's 'intelligent' but will wait and see!  In theory it should drop to 99% at 200 miles if not! 🤔

I’ve got my maths wrong! Doesn’t add up to 20,000 . I’d be interested to know how ‘intelligent’ it is..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve got my maths wrong! Doesn’t add up to 20,000 . I’d be interested to know how ‘intelligent’ it is..

Good point, I just took your word for it! :laugh:

On one of my finance pages it recommends the service is due at 9000 miles or 2 years.  I'm guessing that's a mistake as it should be 18k or 2 years as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Good point, I just took your word for it! :laugh:

On one of my finance pages it recommends the service is due at 9000 miles or 2 years.  I'm guessing that's a mistake as it should be 18k or 2 years as far as I know.

It’s 18k or 2 years. It’s saying predicted date for oil change on May 5th . How on earth has it been able to predict that? It’s not far off!! This isn’t just the cars first service it’s the 1st time for me to have a car get a dealership service. What’s dealership labour these days? £90 per hour? Probably cheaper up here, Vauxhall was £100 . Daylight Robbery 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It’s 18k or 2 years. It’s saying predicted date for oil change on May 5th . How on earth has it been able to predict that? It’s not far off!! This isn’t just the cars first service it’s the 1st time for me to have a car get a dealership service. What’s dealership labour these days? £90 per hour? Probably cheaper up here, Vauxhall was £100 . Daylight Robbery 

A mate had his Mini first serviced last week (MB so costs covered).  I was shocked at the ~£300 for just an oil and 'microfilter' change!! 😮 Made Ford's servicing seem quite reasonable. :unsure:

As it's 2 years, are you getting the brake fluid changed as well?  

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

As it's 2 years, are you getting the brake fluid changed as well?  

It’s 18 months. 18000miles. Should it be getting brake fluid changed ?!? 

oil change is just a little bit more expensive these days 😬

oil change is just a little bit more expensive these days 😬

12 hours ago, Alex.S said:

It’s 18 months. 18000miles. Should it be getting brake fluid changed ?!? 

Brake fluid is recommended every 2 years so it's up to you unless specified by the lease terms.  I probably wouldn't bother though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Brake fluid is recommended every 2 years so it's up to you unless specified by the lease terms.  I probably wouldn't bother though.

Does your braking at low speed sound weird , like, if the pads were already worn out ?

I'm trying to understand if it's due to the regenerative braking

28 minutes ago, Zemanel said:

Does your braking at low speed sound weird , like, if the pads were already worn out ?

No.  But what I have found is that the brakes are very sharp after the rolling-stop cuts out.  There's no engine vacuum produced then so it must be electronic assist.  Nearly given myself whiplash a few times coming up to a roundabout with a 'will they, won't they' conundrum!

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

unless specified by the lease terms.

Motability own the car , ford maintain it. It’s between them I guess ..I’ve done my bit by booking it in. 

• Like 1

How long would a dealership service take? And, if you can be bothered ...what’s included? 

8 hours ago, Zemanel said:

I've been driving around with the window down today...  Mainly because the interior is horribly sweaty with a massive glass roof in bright sunshine...in hindsight I probably should have worked out how to open it!  My balding head was getting cooked through the closed blind as well...  I didn't have a choice but anyone considering the pan roof as an option, give it some thought haha!! :laugh:

Anyway, back on topic, my brakes don't make any weird noises at all.  The generator whines loudly when it's boosting, but almost no noise at all when charging.  I'd suggest there may be something wrong with yours. :sad:. Has the dealership had a look yet?

7 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

How long would a dealership service take? And, if you can be bothered ...what’s included? 

2 year service is just oil, oil filter and pollen filter.  Everything else is just visual checks, tyres, lights, wipers etc.

I don't know the book time (Ian should) but I'd estimate under an hour.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Second year service is supposed to include taking the wheels off to check the brakes also. I have a copy of what should be done somewhere and will try to post it later if I can find it.

I have no idea how long it will take, but they will probably ask you if you want the Brake Fluid changed and an Aircon service, both at extra cost also.

57 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

2 year service is just oil, oil filter and pollen filter.  Everything else is just visual checks, tyres, lights, wipers etc.

I don't know the book time (Ian should) but I'd estimate under an hour.

We also had the air filter replaced on our 2 yr service along with everything else mentioned.

55 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Second year service is supposed to include taking the wheels off to check the brakes also. I have a copy of what should be done somewhere and will try to post it later if I can find it.

I have no idea how long it will take, but they will probably ask you if you want the Brake Fluid changed and an Aircon service, both at extra cost also.

It tells you in the Ford Pass App what should be done under service and Support. The 4th year one is the bigger one and includes Spark Plugs and Air Filter.

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

It’s not that I don’t pay for the servicing , it’s included in my monthly payments. I’ll be interested to hear what they do cause I don’t pay extra for anything. Whether they’ll do the minimum like Tom suggested or the ‘extras’ you’ve mentioned I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No.  But what I have found is that the brakes are very sharp after the rolling-stop cuts out.  There's no engine vacuum produced then so it must be electronic assist.  Nearly given myself whiplash a few times coming up to a roundabout with a 'will they, won't they' conundrum!

Sounds like I need to learn a new way of driving? 

11 hours ago, Alex.S said:

It’s not that I don’t pay for the servicing , it’s included in my monthly payments. I’ll be interested to hear what they do cause I don’t pay extra for anything. Whether they’ll do the minimum like Tom suggested or the ‘extras’ you’ve mentioned I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. 

I think they'll do the minimum (that will be recorded on the digital service record) and ask if you want to pay the extra for brake fluid & AC clean.

11 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Sounds like I need to learn a new way of driving? 

It does take a bit of adapting to in fairness, and since I've done a few more miles now, there a few places where the MHEV is a bit annoying, making the drive less smooth than an ice engine - but as with most things on cars, definitely has it's pro's too...  Feels so much more capable than my old 125ps Mk3 did, has a lovely progressive powerband, and as long as you're in the right gear, it'll fly up hills making an interesting noise with the 3 pot thrum, the turbo whistling and the motor whine all together! :biggrin: 

They picked it up 8am this morning. The app shows me where it is. oil life not been reset yet or service logged. I got the AstraZeneca 24hrs ago. Feel like I’ve been hit by a bus! Anyway why would the app be telling me both front tyres are completely flat?

8715D3C1-9062-4461-9FCC-70C60A8ABEAE.png

If they’ve taken off both front wheels 🤔 would that make the sensors got to 1 ? 
If they have the wheels off they’d better give the red callipers a clean! 
Should I be expecting the car washed and hoovered? Vauxhall always did that regardless of the reason they had my car. 

32 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

If they’ve taken off both front wheels 🤔 would that make the sensors got to 1 ? 
If they have the wheels off they’d better give the red callipers a clean! 
Should I be expecting the car washed and hoovered? Vauxhall always did that regardless of the reason they had my car. 

Maybe they hit a stinger on the drive over... 😮 

I would expect a courtesy wash & vac yeah.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club