Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Focus with Sony head unit (BVC) bluetooth issues

Arwen

So I recently upgraded my phone from a pixel 2 to the pixel 6. And the pixel 6 cannot see my car via bluetooth and the car cannot see it. I try and unpair/debond all the various phones that are stored in my cars list and it's struggling with even that. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to update the software for the BVC units? Or how to do a master reset on it? I've been through what feels like all the menus but cannot find a rest option 😞 
I've been trying to find a download source for any updates on google but anything I find ends up pointing to an old web page that no longer exists. 

New phone connects to every other bluetooth device I've got so I doubt it's that at fault. 

18 hours ago, Arwen said:

So I recently upgraded my phone from a pixel 2 to the pixel 6. And the pixel 6 cannot see my car via bluetooth and the car cannot see it. I try and unpair/debond all the various phones that are stored in my cars list and it's struggling with even that. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to update the software for the BVC units? Or how to do a master reset on it? I've been through what feels like all the menus but cannot find a rest option 😞 
I've been trying to find a download source for any updates on google but anything I find ends up pointing to an old web page that no longer exists. 

New phone connects to every other bluetooth device I've got so I doubt it's that at fault. 

I've been trying to find a reset option  for my Sony head unit. Can't find one anywhere even Google. People have suggested disconnecting  the battery...

😞 I replaced the battery a few months ago and the radio managed to keep all it's phones (the time did however get reset). 

I'll keep digging and post back here if I find a way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arwen said:

😞 I replaced the battery a few months ago and the radio managed to keep all it's phones (the time did however get reset). 

I'll keep digging and post back here if I find a way. 

Mines lost its dab stations can't find any at all

12 hours ago, Morty1977 said:

Mines lost its dab stations can't find any at all

If other frequency bands like FM are working normally then you probably have a fault with the DAB aerial pre-amp unit, located in the tailgate.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, unofix said:

If other frequency bands like FM are working normally then you probably have a fault with the DAB aerial pre-amp unit, located in the tailgate.

Yeah everything else working where abouts is this? Just under the rear roof  lining?

Its in the tailgate. On your model I think it is near the top of the screen

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Its in the tailgate. On your model I think it is near the top of the screen

Cheers pal I presume you mean behind the plastic panelling on tailgate?

5 hours ago, unofix said:

Does your car have an Aerial on the roof ?

If so then pre-amp is not in the tailgate - see the link below.

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/53/6.19236,7.24135/0/1770/16393/71517/#18B849

Thanks I'll have a look at this tommorow  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club