Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

1 hour ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

don't go for a ford and then you hand it back to the new dealer, they won't know what's meant to be on the car or not. lol 

With the amount of cheese-paring of specifications that's been going on lately, I doubt if even Ford dealerships would know exactly what was fitted to a particular model at the date it was built!😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

With the amount of cheese-paring of specifications that's been going on lately, I doubt if even Ford dealerships would know exactly what was fitted to a particular model at the date it was built!😀

Just had to Google cheese paring. Never heard that phrase before. 

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, iantt said:

Just had to Google cheese paring. Never heard that phrase before. 

Probably an old person thing. You'll be using it in a few more years!😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Probably an old person thing. You'll be using it in a few more years!😀

Does it mean this 🤣🤣 

IMG_20230801_144755247_HDR.jpg

• Haha 3

And rear lights is a reflector on a piece of foam. 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_20230801_144835638.jpg

• Haha 5

On 8/31/2023 at 10:15 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Very good point lol 

if I got LEDs brand new OEM or used , on hand back there’s no way they’d be thinking ‘better check the lights’. Mobility operations aren’t going to check that kind of detail either. Unless they’re reading this thread. 🧐 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Very good point lol 

if I got LEDs brand new OEM or used , on hand back there’s no way they’d be thinking ‘better check the lights’. Mobility operations aren’t going to check that kind of detail either. Unless they’re reading this thread. 🧐 

All they look for I would imagine, is damage, and the overall condition of the vehicle.  Any subtitle mods or the addition of an engine cover would go unnoticed.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

All they look for I would imagine, is damage, and the overall condition of the vehicle.  Any subtitle mods or the addition of an engine cover would go unnoticed.  

I’m sure you are right but the Motability scheme is kinda precious to say the least. No unnecessary chances being taken here! As for LEDs , I had the option £250 factory fitted.  Was unfortunately potless at the time. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 4:15 PM, Cully_83 said:

Ahh right OK, I'm gutted lol as Duke178 said was looking forward to being able to defrost without leaving the house. But on the plus side I am really loving it.

how you getting on with the Motor? I'm still waiting on mine being delivered to belfast, car was build complete 2 weeks ago but dealer saying it won't arrive until 23/12 or after.  Ford in listburn have being shocking with updates

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

This pretty much from what I know.  Never heard of an issue because a car had mud flaps fitted (done this for my parents Motability cars a few times because the stealers take the p). Now, if you put coilovers, 22 inch alloys, and neon lights on that would be a different story.  Or built your own B&O sound upgrade 😂. Pretty sure that would invalidate the lease. (Which reminds me, I have a Herz sub and Speakers needing a use…..)  I mean, how strict do you go - technically putting non OEM wipers on could be considered a modification!  Is a Ford Owners Club sticker a modification? A dash cam?

If you added an engine cover could you not just remove it before hand back anyway @Alex.S?  Alternatively, just don’t look under the bonnet too often 🤪.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:39 AM, tarbyonline said:

This pretty much from what I know.  Never heard of an issue because a car had mud flaps fitted (done this for my parents Motability cars a few times because the stealers take the p). Now, if you put coilovers, 22 inch alloys, and neon lights on that would be a different story.  Or built your own B&O sound upgrade 😂. Pretty sure that would invalidate the lease. (Which reminds me, I have a Herz sub and speakers needing a use…..)  I mean, how strict do you go - technically putting non OEM wipers on could be considered a modification!  Is a Ford Owners Club sticker a modification? A dash cam?

If you added an engine cover could you not just remove it before hand back anyway @Alex.S?  Alternatively, just don’t look under the bonnet too often 🤪.

Err, so no hardwired dash cam allowed apparently 👀

https://news.motability.co.uk/motoring/everything-you-need-to-know-about-dashcams/

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered an ST Focus back in early September, been told it's been delayed to February, was originally supposed to be a late November delivery, anyone else in the same boat??

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, anthonygarnett24 said:

Ordered an ST Focus back in early September, been told it's been delayed to February, was originally supposed to be a late November delivery, anyone else in the same boat??

No but my local dealership has had focus in stock last few months.  Not sure about ST but there’s cars where there was none for a few years. I was advised it’d be a 6 month wait for a factory order.  That was a few months ago. 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:54 PM, anthonygarnett24 said:

No but parents ordered a Titanium in July and have now been given a revised delivery date of February (originally late November iirc), though as the car is built we are hoping it comes a bit sooner.

The Focus factory (Saarlouis) shuts down over Christmas and new year so if it isn't built now, I wouldn't expect to see it in the UK before Feb.

For one that's already built you might see that towards the end of Jan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 9:28 PM, tarbyonline said:

No but parents ordered a Titanium in July and have now been given a revised delivery date of February (originally late November iirc), though as the car is built we are hoping it comes a bit sooner.

How do you know thar the vehicle is built? is there some way of tracking the order??

33 minutes ago, anthonygarnett24 said:

How do you know thar the vehicle is built? is there some way of tracking the order??

You have to ask your salesperson.  There is no publicly accessible tracker any more.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, its just gone back to the end of March. Be 7 months after initial order if it does come by then...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, anthonygarnett24 said:

Unfortunately, its just gone back to the end of March. Be 7 months after initial order if it does come by then...

Sounds about right. I was told it’d be 6 months if I’d put an order in couple of months ago. I waited 3 months in 2019, before Covid , war etc 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club