Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

Good review, on the bit about dynamic wide range, appreciate what the reviewer says about it techincally not being possible, however there is definitely an improvement in low light situations with this on, so whether or not this is some firmware tweak that is causing it rather than truely from a hardware perspective I don't know, but it deffo helps IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

There is no mac software available, settings can be changed by dumping a config file onto the memory card then editing once connected as a removable media on mac.

I agree with james on wide dynamic range, there are many cams out there but I genuinely find night shots extremely good with wdr

As a dashcam inside of a car the camera does not get that hot ever. Was it left on the dash in direct sunlight? The camera melted and the battery did not expload? Or leak out?

Are you thinking of doing side by side shots jeeb?

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

• Like 1

There is no mac software available, settings can be changed by dumping a config file onto the memory card then editing once connected as a removable media on mac.

I agree with james on wide dynamic range, there are many cams out there but I genuinely find night shots extremely good with wdr

As a dashcam inside of a car the camera does not get that hot ever. Was it left on the dash in direct sunlight? The camera melted and the battery did not expload? Or leak out?

Are you thinking of doing side by side shots jeeb?

It's says:

Click here for an Mac web-based script written by Iacopo Boccalari

Click here for an Mac 64 bit cocoa version written

On the software link you posted

• Like 1

Is this a good enough reason to have one?

No way would the police believed him if he didn't have the camera

I'm still tempted to go for G1WH - http://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

That is just absolutely crazy!

Im tempted to go with the Mobius now, for extra £10 (over the G1W) i could have this. The reviews for it are very positive.

I managed to find a website for tuning the device without the use of software - http://www.mobiusgui.com/

The only thing that worries me now is making sure its set up correct. I have read that if you take the sd card out and plug it into laptop you can use it in webcam mode? this correct?

If so do you need a partcular software installed on the laptop to enter webcam mode? i only have access to a windows XP and 7 laptop (although the windows 7 laptop i cannot install anything as its a work one)

Set up can be done manually by edit a config file. As for actually setting up, it not any kind of hassle. Just point it in the general direction you get used to where to point it and if you fix an semi permanent sticky mount rather than a suction cup one the most you will have to do is make sure the horizontal position is fine as the vertical will be locked in. I used no screen at all to set mine up in the car, only thing I do is slightly point it to the centre of the car to compensate for the fact the camera is off centre.

• Like 3

I was stressing about not being able to see what the camera sees at first,.

I can confidently say a view finder is not needed on this cam, 1080p wide angle gets everything in view I literally just point and shoot.

I look forward to your review of your chosen camera

• Like 1

Question regarding power, I know you guys are hard wiring but for use in the cigarette lighter, does the camera power down its self if you leave it plugged in or would I have to remove the socket from the cigarette lighter so the camera actually switches off?

That is just absolutely crazy!

I'm sorry, but what a ridiculous police operator. I mean what was she thinking, Some of her comments are just so outlandish.

• Like 1

Question regarding power, I know you guys are hard wiring but for use in the cigarette lighter, does the camera power down its self if you leave it plugged in or would I have to remove the socket from the cigarette lighter so the camera actually switches off?

The focus has a permanent live 12v socket/cigarette lighter, you would have to unplug it every time

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but what a ridiculous police operator. I mean what was she thinking, Some of her comments are just so outlandish.

"Hes lying in the road and you drove off? you have to go back!"

"What, are you crazy?!? I'm driving miles down the road"

That was special!

• Like 1

To be fair though, she didnt know what was going on. All she knows is a guy is claiming to be chased and he's run someone over and not stopping, in the eyes of the law thats a crime... but in the eyes of the camera he was right to leave him lol. It was just lucky he had a dash cam to prove what an absolute nut case the guy was...

Wonder why he decided to chase him, theres no follow up story

• Like 2

That guy needs to be locked up in a mental hospital for life, what ever is going on in his head leading him to believe such actions are acceptable is beyond crazy. That is unstable mental behaviour at it's very best. The guy being chased did well to not let the anger get the better of him and run that prat over.

Very strong dude mentally, kept calm and delt with it in the best way possible. I hope the police banned that guy from driving for life, he should never be allowed behind the wheel of a car ever again

• Like 1

Really considering getting one of these, if I bought the camera and a decent sd card, can you then set it to loop (deleting oldest recording) ? Also what would I need to hard wire it ? could I then go straight to a fuse with a live feed once ignition is on ?

Really considering getting one of these, if I bought the camera and a decent sd card, can you then set it to loop (deleting oldest recording) ? Also what would I need to hard wire it ? could I then go straight to a fuse with a live feed once ignition is on ?

Mate have a read through the thread. All the answers to your questions are here in great detail with links ;)

• Like 2

I know read through it all, seen the 12v transformer etc, but got confused because it's all in different bits :( il have another gander hahaa

Loop recording -yep no probs vids will separate into 5 min clips if you do this

Buy a 12v-5v transformer cable (as per my links earlier in the thread with mini usb), then run it across the headling and down an a-pillar to the fuse box, finding a switched ignition feed/fuse/circuit in the fuse box. Tap into this circuit with a piggy back fuse and connect the positive wire to it and then find a ground somewhere and connect the ground wire to that. Cam will then start recording when the car is started and stop when its switched off

Okay thanks for your help, think I've got everything in my eBay watch list now :) so il buy them and hopefully set it all up correctly.

• Like 1

Nice one, I just leave it in and forget about it now, and occasionally take out and copy the vids off hasn't let me down yet!

• Like 1

Here a vid I got today - dodgy Openreach Van doing 2 shady manoeuvres in the space of 30 seconds!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club