Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Iphone 6

The Dark Knight

So I have an iPhone, kids have iPods, and iPad so what can I get the wife???? I know an iRon hehe.

I actually do have an iphone 4s never had one before I got this a couple of years back as my first smart phone and am now at upgrade time so will have to think about what to get. Not going for a 6 or 6+ as far too expesive, might wait for the 5s to come down a bit in price or just stick with the 4s and go for s sim only plan, choices choices! Personally I don't get the andriod phones I must have been brainwashed by Jobs.

I guess if you're already used to the iPhone it makes sense to get another one, but there are so many great Android phones out there for much less money. Especially with the latest Android OS and manufacturers that leave the software alone such as Google and Motorola. Others like HTC seem to like messing with it, making it worse just so they can pretend it's an extra selling point.

If you're going sim only I'd recommend 3 - my contract is £12.90 per month for unlimited data (including 4G), 200 mins and 5000 texts, plus free roaming to quite a few countries. Can't go wrong with that :)

hahah iPhone 6+ is having problems already and its all because apple are cheap and use the lowest cost materials.....

Irrate iPhone 6+ fans are having problems because the phone is bending in there pockets.... http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/iphone-6-plus-bending-irate-apple-fans-report-new-smartphones-bending-in-pockets-30611446.html

Now i Have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which is a big phone but it doesnt bend never has, don't need a case to keep it from bending unlike the iPhone 6+. whats the + about is there a extra hour on the battery opposed to the normal s6???

It's ironic, the iPhone plus screen is 5.5" and the galaxy note 3 is 5.7" I can see fat cats at samsung now

you-mad-bro.jpg

yes but like I said my screen or phone has never bent and i don't use a cover

It's ironic, the iPhone plus screen is 5.5" and the galaxy note 3 is 5.7" I can see fat cats at samsung now

you-mad-bro.jpg

Mwahahaahahahahaha so true.

“No one’s going to buy a big phone,” mocked Steve Jobs when asked about large smartphones at a press conference.

Four years later....oooo look.

• Like 1

On BBC news they interviewed someone from geek.com who'd bent his iPhone while in his pocket.

Though looking at the size of him I'd say the iPhone stood up to being sat on quite well!

It's not surprising that they bend just from being in a pocket, I can feel my phone in my pocket whenever I crouch down, and there's clearly quite a lot of tension on it. It's a cheap plastic phone so I'm not worried :P

• Like 1

Saw this retractable usb/iphone adaptor,

Would be ideal for the centre console of the car for connecting and charging.

Particularly where one occupant has an Android phone and the other has an Apple device

The same cable consumes less space and caters for both devices:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/micro-usb-ipod-dock-connector-to-usb-retractable-cable

Ofcourse iPhone 6 users will still need an adaptor to convert to the smaller connection

But this device solves most of the world :lol:

Saw this retractable usb/iphone adaptor,

Would be ideal for the centre console of the car for connecting and charging.

Particularly where one occupant has an Android phone and the other has an Apple device

The same cable consumes less space and caters for both devices:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/micro-usb-ipod-dock-connector-to-usb-retractable-cable

Ofcourse iphone 6 users will still need an adaptor to convert to the smaller connection

But this device solves most of the world :lol:

Very useful, and look, the iPhone connector is designed to bend :P

• Like 2

Must remember to leave it in the car every time i go in to Halfords as its in a retail park along with places like erm Tesco's yeah i was in tesco

Yeah that's pretty shocking, they're basically keeping track of everywhere you go by default, and 99% of people will have no idea it's happening. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think on Android every app asks for your permission before tracking your location.

• Like 1

Yeah that's pretty shocking, they're basically keeping track of everywhere you go by default, and 99% of people will have no idea it's happening. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think on Android every app asks for your permission before tracking your location.

99% of them,

Satnav app doesn't :lol: but shir ya know, would be like a game of where's wally if you said no to that one,

Android does indeed ask but if you don't want to you can turn off locations completely and sign out of Google services, you can even disable Google search, that includes services and location and that voice thing

• Like 1

Android does indeed ask but if you don't want to you can turn off locations completely and sign out of Google services, you can even disable Google search, that includes services and location and that voice thing

Does it all automatically if you say "ok google feck off"

Apple fan here, think I always will be. Steve Jobs was such a sad loss though, don't think they've been the same since he passed. Got a 5S at the moment and love it, hoping to upgrade to iPhone 6 in Dec. Money permitting am looking to buy an iMac sometime soon, can't wait. Apple all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Well here you go lenny

lmao thats class im going to try this but my phone will prob self destruct or something like that ha ha that voice thing can be annoying i do be sitting in work and all i can hear is that sound it makes when it opens up ha ha

lmao thats class im going to try this but my phone will prob self destruct or something like that ha ha that voice thing can be annoying i do be sitting in work and all i can hear is that sound it makes when it opens up ha ha

You might be onto something with that self destruction theory. My lovely note 2 has given up on me in one of the strangest ways possible. It will no longer charge, it seems I have damaged the micro usb port sleeping on my phone and now it no longer charge.

This isn't the end though, I have purchased a £10 wireless charging kit off eBay. Since Samsung officially only support wireless charging for the S5 I must therefore use a chinese knock off for my note 2

The kit includes a charging pad for sitting your phone on during charging and a receiver that sticks onto the back of your battery inside the case and connect to the battery contacts, using induction the two charges your device while being wireless.

I'm sure there are chinese knock offs for ipads etc too

EDIT: I will update you guys in the future on how well the kit works

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club