Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Diesel To Gas Convesion ?

andysvision

Hello everybody i have a Focus Mk2 2.0 TDCi , and lately i have run short on money and my car is a bit expensive in fuel so i gladely read this post saying that actually we can convert the diesel to gas, LPG fuel ? wow didnt realy think it at all . Now i want your experience and what you thing is it worth it ? anyone runs this system ? Thank you .

The compression ratio is too high in a diesel engine for petrol and there are no spark plugs for a start...

Surely it is going to be lower mpg and cost you more for the conversion anyway...?

LPG is half the price, so is a cheaper alternative to petrol.

But I've never heard it being done to diesels! I really cant see how you could do it to a diesel?

What sort of MPG are you getting? It shouldn't be that bad?

Also, the conversions aren't cheap, for a regular petrol its about £1000 to convert! So takes ages to make it worth doing.

Its not suitable for diesels and would cost you about £3000 to convert and would cost you that in maintenance. It works as a good alternative to petrol but you really do not want to be looking at it for diesel.

Diesels CAN and have been converted, the fuel used is different from petrol engines though (i researched this)

it can increase power as well! :)

In this country the infrastructure for the supply/ distribution is a bit sparse

As a money- saving exersise its a non-starter as the kits start at about £1000 for the bits (diy install) and you would have to pay that up-front so you would start by being that amount out of pocket, then it would take a while before you would even break even

There are things you can do to improve MPG (modifications/ strategies- its called hypermiling) , for example, i run my car on veg oil in the summer (perfectly kegal/ 99p per litre) and get 40+ mpg out of my car - o- and its very fast

Or you could make more money, or save money, if you smoke or drink- if you give that up you would find yourself a lot richer!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club