Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

8 hours ago, WES180 said:

My approach to painting an artex ceiling has always been to get it skimmed first!!! I hate the stuff, especially when it's been painted with silk.

We've had the same advice recently. A good plasterer wouldn't take too long to do a ceiling. Probably take longer to clean up after him 😆

My little experiment which I started to do with the kids at home since October 2018 seems to have failed to a certain extent.

I've got two of these Hyacinth's purchased in Lidl 

We bought one purple Hyacinth and one white Hyacinth, 

The purple one has been given fresh uncontaminated tap water all it's life, 

The white one has been given fresh tap water with green food colouring added all of its life, 

20190111_002342.thumb.jpg.c6f4f7a267ee1aaf7aa4491fdd7640b2.jpg

The white flower was supposed to flower green as result of the food colouring; but it seems the bulb itself filters out impurities feeding to the stem, 

I know if you cut flowers and put them in food coloured water; The stem soaks if up and the flower changes colour,

I thought the same would happen with a full plant but there must be a natural filter in the bulb; we will continue and see if it ever changes, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lenny said:

I don't like purchasing an Amazon Echo bundle on Amazon which includes a FREE Philips hue bulb, 

Yet having purchased the bundle; there now attempting to bill me separately for the bulb that was supposed to be free 😧😩

They can keep it 🖕

Check your total price for your order. I ordered a Hive bundle with free amazon echo dot for £108.

On the order screen, the Hive was £88 and Echo dot was £20 or something like that. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TimST2 said:

No worries, it's a good point (and a good discussion to have). I clearly don't have enough of a criminal mind! Hopefully they'll clone [mention=97947]STJAY[/mention]'s plate first emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't mind, easy to prove I didn't do nothing or nothing, I'm not even in the right country as yous :laughing:.  Hopefully they take the KGZ6290 plate before the N600 plate. I run a bit dodgy myself so its about time the law caught up with me :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Micro said:

Check your total price for your order. I ordered a Hive bundle with free Amazon echo dot for £108.

On the order screen, the Hive was £88 and Echo dot was £20 or something like that. 

Thanks mate,

I can see that now the price for the amazon echo plus with free bulb was £139.99

When paid they charged for both items separately £129.62 for the Echo plus and £10.37 for the Philips Hue bulb making the total £139.99 

So I stand corrected 😅 they didn't overcharge me, some may think I would have saw the £139.99 billed on my bank statement but I'm in Ireland paying in GBP but billed in EUR on my account so the statement shows amazon €154.77 and without doing the currency conversation I assumed I was overcharged, also the items display as seperate purchases in the orders list, But as "Ted" A.K.A "Micro" says; when I go in to the invoice it all adds up to the inital agreed price correctly.

You got a great deal on the Hive bundle; I've purchased the Echo plus for my mother and if it goes well she says she will keep it in the kitchen and if it goes well she would like one for the bedroom, so I was looking at purchasing a 3rd Gen dot for there; think if she does want a second one I'll go for the Hive bundle aswell, 

Thanks for response as I was convinced they were robbing me 😅

I don't like realising I'm getting old........ again!!!

As part of my work I go into a local haulage company which ships wrecked cars to salvage yards etc in Aberdeen. 

There was an Audi TT in today with a bit of frontal damage, nice wee car if you like that kinda thing, and I thought "Shame to see that go to scrap, not an old car"

And then I thought about it, it was a '58 plate! At least 10 years old!!! 

Wasn't 2008 just a couple of years ago? 🤔 🙄 😀

• Like 1

My fiesta is not far off 13 years old in a few months but doesn't look that old. 

• Like 2

Londons starting to go downhill with all this crime happening. Yesterday was going to pick my mum up from shopping and saw police at the bus station. I saw 2 officers looking around wearing gloves which made me suspect they are looking for a weapon. When I was coming back from there they blocked the over side of the road which I initially went and ambulances arrived. 

Screenshot_20190112-101406.png

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Londons starting to go downhill with all this crime happening. Yesterday was going to pick my mum up from shopping and saw police at the bus station. I saw 2 officers looking around wearing gloves which made me suspect they are looking for a weapon. When I was coming back from there they blocked the over side of the road which I initially went and ambulances arrived. 

Horrific there only kids, not thinking about bigger picture at all, never any need for such levels of violence, 

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like realising I'm getting old........ again!!!

As part of my work I go into a local haulage company which ships wrecked cars to salvage yards etc in Aberdeen. 

There was an Audi TT in today with a bit of frontal damage, nice wee car if you like that kinda thing, and I thought "Shame to see that go to scrap, not an old car"

And then I thought about it, it was a '58 plate! At least 10 years old!!! 

Wasn't 2008 just a couple of years ago? 🤔 🙄 😀

+1 mate 

My workmate had a 2007 TT nice car bit of a hairdresser's vehicle but still handles the rad very well his was four wheel drive he said.

Statistically I may aswell be 50 as my circumstances and commitments will be the same then as they are now but it still gives me anxiety to think or know that I'm turning 34 this year 🤫😐 

Last I checked I was 22 getting a mortgage and preparing for the first child, next day I'm 34 like WTF! 

I've said to the wife; please don't acknowledge my birthday in any way at all, just pretend it's not happening this year 😅

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

+1 mate 

My workmate had a 2007 TT nice car bit of a hairdresser's vehicle but still handles the rad very well his was four wheel drive he said.

Statistically I may aswell be 50 as my circumstances and commitments will be the same then as they are now but it still gives me anxiety to think or know that I'm turning 34 this year 🤫😐 

Last I checked I was 22 getting a mortgage and preparing for the first child, next day I'm 34 like WTF! 

I've said to the wife; please don't acknowledge my birthday in any way at all, just pretend it's not happening this year 😅

So you've not clicked yet that as well as turning 34 later this year you're also  35 next year!!!😱

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, WES180 said:

So you've not clicked yet that as well as turning 34 later this year you're also  35 next year!!!😱

🙉😳🤯🤮 make it stop 

• Haha 2

I can't believe I'm 43 next year, still feel in my 20's mentally but physically I'm beginning to feel it with a few joints and arthritis starting. Still go the gym later though to get a pump on for a night on the pop! 😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I can't believe I'm 43 next year, still feel in my 20's mentally but physically I'm beginning to feel it with a few joints and arthritis starting. Still go the gym later though to get a pump on for a night on the pop! 😁

Just do what my dad does and subtract 10 years off. My dad says he's going to be 37 this year but he forgets his 10 older than that 😂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WES180 said:
I can't believe I'm 43 next year, still feel in my 20's mentally but physically I'm beginning to feel it.

We're the same age :unsure:

• Like 3

I have wondered if anyone ever 'feels' their age mentally? 

I don't feel any 'older/wiser/progressed through life' than when I was at college a whole decade ago...an entire decade...10 years... 😮  

Yet when I see todays college kids I feel like a pensioner...

I'll be 27 next month with nothing to show for it...just thinking about that number depresses me tbh lol, getting far too close to 30 now...  :unsure: 

• Like 3

I'm 35 and feel older, but act younger. I think it cause I'm always getting told your to childish 🤣 well my youngest is 10 lol but tbh I think mens attitude never grows old lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't feel any 'older/wiser/progressed through life' than when I was at college a whole decade ago...an entire decade...10 years... [emoji50]  

I doubt that's true. Uni was a very special time and I'll always remember it fondly, but I wouldn't swap it for what I have now.

• Like 2

In the words of Rod Stewart, I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Turvey said:

In the words of Rod Stewart, I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger! 

so do I :smile:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

Mee too

If I did I would  be a millionair by now😃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dezwez said:

If I did I would  be a millionair by now😃

And probably be able to spell millionaire too! 😂

Sorry Dez.😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

so do I :smile:

Me too, I'd have went for the brown instead of the pink 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Me too, I'd have went for the brown instead of the pink 😂

Lol 😃

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club