Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Over here it's nice and sunny. The weather forecast changed from rainy for the next few days to clear. At least I can look at my car cleaner for longer however I want to see it rain and see how the glass sealant works

Garden hose? 

• Like 1

[mention=98787]TimST2[/mention] would it be worth getting a TerraClean done and/or some additives into a tank of premium diesel? I think there was a discount voucher for TerraClean as part of the FOC membership (pretty sure there was as I vaguely remember giving it to a work colleague at the time when he owned a rather old Jaguar).
I've just ordered a new fuel filter and I'll fit that myself. The AA already cleaned the engine so fingers crossed that's all it will take. I'm acttally quite looking forward to getting a new family car - we've had this one 11 years!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've just ordered a new fuel filter and I'll fit that myself. The AA already cleaned the engine so fingers crossed that's all it will take. I'm acttally quite looking forward to getting a new family car - we've had this one 11 years!

I really wish I'd asked the AA chap what he ran through it - the CRV was flawless on the 4 hour drive back to Somerset from Cambridgeshire today.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 10:25 PM, Turvey said:

I also don't like today's earworm. Sara Cox played it for some strange reason this morning........

This week's earworm! 

Copperhead Road https://g.co/kgs/pAq5h1

• Like 1

I don't like when you buy a cheap drone,well very cheap and works fine but my so light and small and cant fly it to save my life.

Good job under £40,Big field and 1 button take off/land.....never press that again....up and gone so the land button and crash landing,went to high for me as on medium speed not low and a little windy and very light don't go together,so hard to fly so in box for a nice day to come,never thought i would be chasing a drone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like INADVERTENTLY using my wifes roll-on deodorant this morning! Both armpits done before I realised! Had to pinch the boys Lynx spray to cover up the female fragrance 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like INADVERTENTLY using my wifes roll-on deodorant this morning! Both armpits done before I realised! Had to pinch the boys Lynx spray to cover up the female fragrance 😀

Wearing her underwear too didn't bother you though?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I don't like when you buy a cheap drone,well very cheap and works fine but my so light and small and cant fly it to save my life.

Good job under £40,Big field and 1 button take off/land.....never press that again....up and gone so the land button and crash landing,went to high for me as on medium speed not low and a little windy and very light don't go together,so hard to fly so in box for a nice day to come,never thought i would be chasing a drone.

Strap some ballast onto it, that should make it more manageable for you, that's if it even takes off!😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Lol 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I lost my remote control plane on Christmas day (I was ~11 at the time) after my dad decided to launch it in near gale force winds. It took off like a rocket and covered the length of 4 football pitches before it disappeared :crybaby:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Zico said:

I lost my remote control plane on Christmas day (I was ~11 at the time) after my dad decided to launch it in near gale force winds. It took off like a rocket and covered the length of 4 football pitches before it disappeared :crybaby:.

Lol so there is someone on here who has my luck,im a beginner so i only did the length of 1 as yet but yet to come.

Im looking at putting something on it to make it that bit easier at first but knowing how cheap this is the motor might go pop,will try it but knowing me it will be in box and left.

• Like 1

I don't like the forum updating mid-morning without any notice... :unsure: 

Would it be possible to set the updates to occur in the early hours and/or have a notice about it beforehand? :smile: 

My actual don't like for today is people selling things that don't reply to emails...  I don't get it, it literally takes 2 seconds to decline an offer or say it's already sold, rather than just ignoring it. :sad: 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the forum updating mid-morning without any notice... :unsure: 

Would it be possible to set the updates to occur in the early hours and/or have a notice about it beforehand? :smile: 

My actual don't like for today is people selling things that don't reply to emails...  I don't get it, it literally takes 2 seconds to decline an offer or say it's already sold, rather than just ignoring it. :sad: 

I'm currently in the same situation with a light fitting company in Denmark aswell as there local stockist/supplier of there product;

Ive purchased an LED ceiling light panel which operates via remote control; it's going in our daughter's room of which theres two sharing the room, 

As result; I would like to purchase a second remote control for this particular model of light. 

I've emailed both the manufacturer in Denmark and the stockist in Ireland last Thursday and still neither have gotten back to me. 👂👀

I don't like accidently putting £20 of fuel in when I had £10 😱. Was really scared to how the person at the till would react. I told the guy there and he said wait here then a woman came out soon after. She said for me to put my address in so did that and quickly went back home and got another £10 and came back. Was happy how she sounded when she said thank you as she must of seen how scared I was. Just before I dropped my mum and grandad off at the doctors as my grandad had a fever so had to do this stuff before they call me to get them again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

I don't like accidently putting £20 of fuel in when I had £10 😱. Was really scared to how the person at the till would react. I told the guy there and he said wait here then a woman came out soon after. She said for me to put my address in so did that and quickly went back home and got another £10 and came back. Was happy how she sounded when she said thank you as she must of seen how scared I was. Just before I dropped my mum and grandad off at the doctors as my grandad had a fever so had to do this stuff before they call me to get them again. 

Gas or A55 😂

• Like 1

I don't like trying to think of a Fathers Day gift for next weekend...  As there's a lot of older guys on here, what would you want? :biggrin: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like trying to think of a Fathers Day gift for next weekend...  As there's a lot of older guys on here, what would you want? :biggrin: 

as you get older the gifts get harder to find ☺️

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yesterday my sister designed a moonpig card from me and her for fathers day. 

• Like 1

Personally I'd prefer nothing atall 

But my kids aren't at the working age yet and I'm the only earner, so its self explanatory really ☺

Like mr.Bean at Christmas or birthday 

So the builders materials in the parking space at work next to mine saga continues...

Having initially complained about the stack of material higher than my car right up to the line, and again when they started storing wood in my space behind my car, I started parking somewhere else.

Good job I did as today they dropped or knocked over a large tub of acrylic adhesive which spilled all over the floor and across the line.

I've now sent a pissy email pointing out that saying they'll be careful isn't an acceptable risk mitigation. I might suggest that the building manager parks their car in that space if they still insist there's no risk of damage :censored:

• Like 1

From yesterday... I don't like the daft woman in a Fiat 500 who thought it was a good idea to just pull out into the middle of the road to overtake a cyclist when I'm ~20m in front and heading TOWARDS her!!

From today... I don't like having a message on the Info display telling me that 'Hill start assist not available' with the ABS warning light appearing on the dashboard. I'd gone a few miles from work to the nearby Burger King (Fat Boy Friday at work) and the message come up after I started the car to head back to the office. I didn't get any warning or warning lights on the dashboard when I left work to come home so not sure what happened earlier today.

I don't like changing my headlight bulb, as all the connectors were very stiff as obviously hadn't been changed for a while. Made a fairly straightforward job a lot more difficult.

16 hours ago, Zico said:

From yesterday... I don't like the daft woman in a Fiat 500 who thought it was a good idea to just pull out into the middle of the road to overtake a cyclist when I'm ~20m in front and heading TOWARDS her!!

From today... I don't like having a message on the Info display telling me that 'Hill start assist not available' with the ABS warning light appearing on the dashboard. I'd gone a few miles from work to the nearby Burger King (Fat Bog Friday at work) and the message come up after I started the car to head back to the office. I didn't get any warning or warning lights on the dashboard when I left work to come home so not sure what happened earlier today.

Another fiat 500 incident? Just today had a vauxhaul astra driver pull out quickly from a side road with a van having to brake hard. Didn't bother me as I was slowing right down for a speed bump. Did want to catch up to him but the stupid speed bumps I had to slow down for whilst he didn't have to. 

I don’t like finding bush scratches all down the rear three quarters of my car after parking it at a mates house. I didn’t realise I was close to them, didn’t hear them scratching but it’s definitely from them. Out with the polish tomorrow to try and get them out!

10 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I don’t like finding bush scratches all down the rear three quarters of my car after parking it at a mates house. I didn’t realise I was close to them, didn’t hear them scratching but it’s definitely from them. Out with the polish tomorrow to try and get them out!

If you didn't hear any scratches they're probably light enough to polish out. :smile: 

Ford paint seems to be pretty soft though so avoid them if you can, I got some horrendous bush scratches on the Focus, it's just an inevitability of country roads around here sadly. :sad:  The Golf doesn't seem to get scratched so badly, even the NS mirror cap isn't fully ruined yet which is usually the first thing to get dipped in bushes on every drive! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club