Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Hopefully the bank will give you back the money. My grandad some time back was at a ATM machine and I think he had trouble with it not taking his card out. This couple came up to him saying he needs to put his date of birth in which didn't work so he went into the bank just next door then realised after he got out the card was gone. Very likely the couple took it. Had £1000 taken out his account but luckily the bank gave that back to him. Sadly there's lowlifes out there.

Sounds like the scams where certain types of Europeans would block card machines with inserts or fake facia's (containing cameras and scanning equipment) so when the user put in their card and details, it's all recorded for the scum to retrieve later. The distraction of telling somebody that they have to go into the bank then gives them time to collect the card, take the cash and be gone in seconds.

• Like 1

I don't like having to breach restrictions last Saturday in a go big or go home sort of breach, 

Without getting in to the full story 🤪

• Like 1

I don't like trying to access my 72 year old mother's WiFi which I changed the password on; four years ago and she wrote down the password in her 2016 diary at the time; to keep it safe

But that was 2016 and the new diary is 2021. 🤯

I don't like resetting the router to attempt return the password to its default which is printed on the rear of the WiFi router;

Quincedeantly; when I rest the router, the entire network went down in the area causing the loss of her much loved Alexa network aswell as TV subscription and home phone.

Which she assumed was entirely my fault for the 40 minutes it was down, poor woman calling Alexa like a lost child calls mammy in Tesco's 😥 

And all that the Alexa devices could do at the time was show a red ring. Was quite emotional to watch 😅

All worked in the end though; she now has a Samsung TV which works with Alexa, it's her first smart TV last one died after 19 years of use, she now has Netflix and prime TV aswell as YouTube, 

She doesn't have a smart phone, so she's amazed with all this, ideal since she lives alone and cocooning as they say.

😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

I don’t like being told by virgin media that I would have to pay for the new version of their hub/router when ours is playing up, even when there are multiple articles on the internet saying that they are free even for existing customers😬

Tell them your canceling your contract on the grounds that your not being provided with there services as stated within due to a fault with there equipment which they require to fulfill your requirements as outlined in the service agreement.

Tell them you have gotten an offer from sky. 

• Like 1

I don't that my wife is completely ignoring any advice from myself or our children to stay at home;

And is proceeding to attend a sleepover in her sisters house with a number of other people; followed by collecting her mother from another house in our car tomorrow morning;

To then travel to a hotel for her sisters wedding ceremony for which she is matron of honour; stand for photos obviously with no mask 🤯 followed by attending a house party before dropping her mother and whoever else home in our car then returning home to our house tomorrow night.

What more can I do than try to emphasize the importance of staying at home without doing any of it, 

I can't afford to live somewhere else for at least two weeks because I'm 99% sure she's going to bring it home because some of these people in attendance are complete idiot's mostly born in the 90's and living for the moment no tomorrow. 

It's only a matter of time now, obviously I don't provide enough at home. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I don't that my wife is completely ignoring any advice from myself or our children to stay at home;

And is proceeding to attend a sleepover in her sisters house with a number of other people; followed by collecting her mother from another house in our car tomorrow morning;

To then travel to a hotel for her sisters wedding ceremony for which she is matron of honour; stand for photos obviously with no mask 🤯 followed by attending a house party before dropping her mother and whoever else home in our car then returning home to our house tomorrow night.

What more can I do than try to emphasize the importance of staying at home without doing any of it, 

I can't afford to live somewhere else for at least two weeks because I'm 99% sure she's going to bring it home because some of these people in attendance are complete idiot's mostly born in the 90's and living for the moment no tomorrow. 

It's only a matter of time now, obviously I don't provide enough at home. 

Hopefully she doesn't catch it 👍. You gonna have to remember being stuck at home can have an affect on people but if her sister is being careful hopefully she won't catch anything

9 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Hopefully she doesn't catch it 👍. You gonna have to remember being stuck at home can have an affect on people but if her sister is being careful hopefully she won't catch anything

Going to be at least 50 at a house party and standing holding each other for photos, 

I've got an idea though; there's a power supply in the garden shed and I've got a tent, I'm thinking I can camp in the back garden for at least two weeks just got no fridge but I have a gas stove, 

Only risk then is the car she's using, I'll need to sanatize that as best possible, hopefully the snow doesn't return.

If all is good then it will only be for two weeks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BigLen said:

Going to be at least 50 at a house party

That sounds very illegal to me. I am fairly sure it would be over here, I don't know how the laws match up in Ireland. Illegal as well as irresponsible - someone ought to inform the authorities to get a stop put to it before it starts.

House parties like that are a significant factor in the spread of this nasty disease, and the odious regulations that result from rising cases. Not to mention the distress caused to families where people die or suffer long term harm from Covid-19, and the extra stress on the hospitals and medical services.

• Like 2

I don't like that I came down with something yesterday evening. Leg joints started aching and my hands started getting cold with feverish symptoms. Had a neurofan in the night and seem to be better now weirdly. These symptoms I had when I had covid back in December though weirdly kind of all gone. 

• Sad 1

I don't like getting absolutely roasted on purchasing two hotwheels vehicles from Texas in the big US, 

these models cost around 25 euro over here 

0UdGEj.thumb.jpg.11c3b72bc5f7e89cb69c6d3441a73e09.jpg

i bought both of the above via eBay uk and provided my American AdressPal address for shipping from the seller in Texas.

total purchase cost was 26.02euro almost 2 for 1 compared to purchasing locally, all seemed euphoric.
until they arrived at address Pal in the big US

3.thumb.jpg.429689860eea723ca64fc4a072c20a19.jpg

There must be a minimum package price on American AddressPal deliveries as they were only weighing 150g and 200g but the fee from AddressPal at that stage was a staggering 15.99euro each. which i could only assume included a Customs import charge, and couldn't really do much about it as it had already been subtracted from my current account.
it would later transpire that the 15.99euro each was only to cover shipping from AddressPal in America to my address in the Republic of Ireland.

many days then passed, until last night when I received a further two emails from anPost on behalf of the Irish Revenue and Customs, ow yes! inhalation is immanent there's no escaping.

here's the emails.

1.thumb.jpg.37af52e91513a0a82044fa981fea9b5f.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.9ae95f8d968b34b00a9885bd366e668e.jpg

a total of 18.74 euro was required to be paid to customs for the two Hotwheels vehicles,

which the original purchase cost for both of them was 26.02 euro including shipping from the sellers to AdressPal in America.
AdressPal had then charged a total of 31.98 euro (15.99 x 2) to ship them to Ireland,

i inquired on how the customs charges were calculated; and discovered that the customs add the cost of shipping to the value of the item in order to evaluate the amount of tax due to be paid, so that means that I'm paying import tax because addressPal charged 31.98 euro shipping to get them to Ireland where the customs could then add that to the item value to enterprise on fees.

overall cost from start to finish for these two cars was:
initial purchase: 26.02 euro
AddressPal fee's: 31.98 euro (15.99 x 2)
Customs fee's: 18.74 euro

Total: 76.74 euro
for two vehicles that once had an RRP of: 15.00 euro each back in 2018.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I don't like that I came down with something yesterday evening. Leg joints started aching and my hands started getting cold with feverish symptoms. Had a neurofan in the night and seem to be better now weirdly. These symptoms I had when I had covid back in December though weirdly kind of all gone. 

hope your getting better mate, I'm evaluating myself regularly here after the wife returned from the wedding last Thursday night, I'm expecting something to happen. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigLen said:

hope your getting better mate, I'm evaluating myself regularly here after the wife returned from the wedding last Thursday night, I'm expecting something to happen. 

Weirdly I'm back to normal now. Had a nap at 2:30 probably because I hoovered mine and my sister's car in the morning. Want to use my weekend to revise over the exam I failed in as weekdays I'm getting busy calling clients in the estate agent. Call some wealthy people looking for investment properties with budgets between £1 to 5 million pounds. Hopefully that helps me for when I get a mortgage advisor role in particular the high network ones.

43 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

Hope you feel better soon zain. 

I have a bit of a sore throat at the moment, and there are people at work, who are never usually off, taking sick days. I think it’s not just covid going around at the mo, there is usually something going around this time of year.

I have read articles about people getting covid twice, God forbid that this is happening here.

Yeah I'm thankfully better since this morning. Don't know if I just caught a chill. 

I would think with the different variants out there of covid it may be possible getting it again

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

They did not say it was a mutated strain the second time the patient got it, although how could they tell?

Genetic sequencing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

Glad you are feeling better, I think you can get the same strain more than once,  or at least that is what was reported in the article. They did not say it was a mutated strain the second time the patient got it, although how could they tell?

Genetic sequencing, PCR I believe also. They look for any genetic differences in the virus which may change its phenotype of virulence factor. 

I've seen a lot of scientist jobs come out for genomics though there's very little trainee vacancies which makes it difficult for me to get my career in that hence why I'm going into finance now. I just really want to get into the mortgage career and start making money. 

I don't like that my Karcher went pop this morning. Fortunately I'd just finished snow foaming the ST, but it was standard hose for the rest of the process. Not the end of the world after a decade's use. Time to get on the internet to find a replacement...

• Like 1

Don't like my t shirts have shrunk in the wardrobe over winter. Lovely day outside in the garden  and thought I had better sit in the sun while it shines. Too hot for sweat shirts. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

Don't like my t shirts have shrunk in the wardrobe over winter. Lovely day outside in the garden  and thought I had better sit in the sun while it shines. Too hot for sweat shirts. 

I hate it when that happens! Did your belt shrink as well? 😃

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like that my Karcher went pop this morning. Fortunately I'd just finished snow foaming the ST, but it was standard hose for the rest of the process. Not the end of the world after a decade's use. Time to get on the internet to find a replacement...

Whereve you been 😆

Funnily you say that my dad recently bought a new karcher pressure washer as the current K2 compact one started to show its age. It started taking longer for it to bleed out the air. I think dad got a K4 with longer hoses and pressure which would help me when cleaning the car. It's in my grandparents house so need to arrange a day to pick it up. Also want to get bilt hambers new ceramic coating stuff which you can apply through a bucket or snow foam lance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

Whereve you been 😆

Funnily you say that my dad recently bought a new karcher pressure washer as the current K2 compact one started to show its age. It started taking longer for it to bleed out the air. I think dad got a K4 with longer hoses and pressure which would help me when cleaning the car. It's in my grandparents house so need to arrange a day to pick it up. Also want to get bilt hambers new ceramic coating stuff which you can apply through a bucket or snow foam lance

I also replaced my dead K2 with a K4 last year, it's a big upgrade in performance and unlike the K2, the K4 motor is watercooled so much less likely to 'burn out' like the K2.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Turvey said:

I hate it when that happens! Did your belt shrink as well? 😃

No actually, leather belts stretches over time. 😂😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Whereve you been 😆

Staying at home!

Not a lot going on and hardly driving the ST at the moment so not a lot to post on here 😶

• Like 2

On 2/28/2021 at 5:24 PM, zain611 said:

Funnily you say that my dad recently bought a new karcher pressure washer as the current K2 compact one started to show its age. It started taking longer for it to bleed out the air. I think dad got a K4 with longer hoses and pressure which would help me when cleaning the car.

I'm looking at the K4 too. My previous one was a K3.99...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, iantt said:

No actually, leather belts stretches over time. 😂😂

I was bought a leather belt with hidden elastic at the clasp end for a bit of stretch.  Brilliant idea as it stretches when you sit in the car and then pulls back when you get out, never too loose or too tight! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club