Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

It's idiots like that which really put me off driving. Queue jumpers especially in my area really get me the ones who go in a left or right turn lane to then cut in the lane to go straight. 

@1979Damian on Facebook the local met police in the area posted up this picture of a sign they put up showing a website to submit dash cam clips of dangerous driving on that particular A road. They've done well doing patrols there where they caught someone doing 110mph on a 40 limit. One post they stopped a new S class merc and I believe the new 3 series and said was stopped as they were street racing. I honestly hope the government put more traffic cameras and fine impatient drivers with it. Will help them generate more revenue. 

The worst place I've been for that kind of thing is a place called Sparkhill in Birmingham, I drove down there to pick up something I bought on eBay and you'd pretty much got the lot:

• On more than 1 occasion someone used the right turn only lane to skip the queue and go straight on.
  • In a REALLY busy urban area multiple vehicles blasted past me at easily 45 MPH (30 MPH zone, busy town centre).
  • Barely anyone EVER used their indicators.
  • Cars double parked, I even saw one that was blocking a busy main road, just so the driver could have a chat through the car window to his mate 🤬

Although these days it can feel like the authorities deliberately (unfairly) target drivers as they're seen as an easy target I sure the vast majority of the population would be 100% behind a drive to stamp out REALLY anti-social/dangerous driving.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

The worst place I've been for that kind of thing is a place called Sparkhill in Birmingham, I drove down there to pick up something I bought on ebay and you'd pretty much got the lot:

• On more than 1 occasion someone used the right turn only lane to skip the queue and go straight on.
  • In a REALLY busy urban area multiple vehicles blasted past me at easily 45 MPH (30 MPH zone, busy town centre).
  • Barely anyone EVER used their indicators.
  • Cars double parked, I even saw one that was blocking a busy main road, just so the driver could have a chat through the car window to his mate 🤬

Although these days it can feel like the authorities deliberately (unfairly) target drivers as they're seen as an easy target I sure the vast majority of the population would be 100% behind a drive to stamp out REALLY anti-social/dangerous driving.

Were any of those a yellow Mercedes W123 out of interest? :laugh:  

I must admit, I do worry about the rise of dashcam footage being sent to police...  I just feel like some people are going to sit in the left lane doing exactly 70 and reporting anyone that overtakes them at 72...  But equally I've seen some utterly ridiculous manoeuvres lately, there were 2 driving through level crossings with the barriers down on the local news yesterday...they actually had to run a story telling people not to cross when the barriers are down ffs! 😮 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Were any of those a yellow Mercedes W123 out of interest? [emoji23]  
I must admit, I do worry about the rise of dashcam footage being sent to police...  I just feel like some people are going to sit in the left lane doing exactly 70 and reporting anyone that overtakes them at 72...  But equally I've seen some utterly ridiculous manoeuvres lately, there were 2 driving through level crossings with the barriers down on the local news yesterday...they actually had to run a story telling people not to cross when the barriers are down ffs! [emoji50] 
Just look at all the DCWs who post dash cam footage to YouTube. Half of them see the hazard in plenty of time but accelerate to make the point that they're in the right.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@TomsFocus was about to give the citizen Khan reference but you beat me to it 😂.

@TimST2 I've noticed this on those dash cam footage videos. A lot of people in the comments mention this and that some dash cam drivers think it's okay to do this or do it so they get some footage. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Were any of those a yellow Mercedes W123 out of interest? :laugh:  

I must admit, I do worry about the rise of dashcam footage being sent to police...  I just feel like some people are going to sit in the left lane doing exactly 70 and reporting anyone that overtakes them at 72...  But equally I've seen some utterly ridiculous manoeuvres lately, there were 2 driving through level crossings with the barriers down on the local news yesterday...they actually had to run a story telling people not to cross when the barriers are down ffs! 😮 

I used to watch Citizen Khan, top comedy!

I agree that if the police want to continue to police "by consent" they 100% can't be seen to be using dashcam footage for really minor things.  In terms of speeding the ACPO guidelines (not rules) are the speed limit + 10% + 2 MPH, it's not always adhered to because it's only a guideline but if a police force started regularly busting people on it's patch for doing 72 in a 70 I'd expect the :shit: to hit the fan and they'd get serious push back.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

I used to watch Citizen Khan, top comedy!

I agree that if the police want to continue to police "by consent" they 100% can't be seen to be using dashcam footage for really minor things.  In terms of speeding the ACPO guidelines (not rules) are the speed limit + 10% + 2 MPH, it's not always adhered to because it's only a guideline but if a police force started regularly busting people on it's patch for doing 72 in a 70 I'd expect the :shit: to hit the fan and they'd get serious push back.

I'm sure the police would decide on that. Overall though they should be able to read the reg of the offending car and post a fine to them. Stuff like queue jumping, weaving in and out of lanes, and I'd say seeing a car easily speeding should make the police issue fines. Some dash cams show the speed of the car so this can be helpful giving a reference to another car. 

I feel that other maneuvers should be looked at for example someone go around you and cutting into your lane just to get one car in front. 

The latest stupidity I see is people overtaking someone to then go through a red temporary light. I feel that people really take advantage of temporary traffic lights and that I believe cameras should be put up to catch them. 

51 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

One of my mates got fined for 79 in a 70 this week, unlucky! :laugh:  My point was more about the volume of footage that could be sent in though.  If people are sending in tonnes of minor videos like that it's just wasting police time and meaning the actual dangerous ones take a lot longer to reach their attention.

My Nan used to ring the police every time she heard a girl shriek outside...which was several times a week as she lived between two night clubs (ideal location for sheltered accommodation :rolleyes: )...  Every time the police would have to send someone out though, wasting their time and resources when people were getting robbed and stabbed in other areas of the town.  I don't know how you can educate people on what is worth sending and what isn't... :unsure: 

• Like 1

I don't like that I just ticketed a driver I caught doing 110 on a 70 road.
That equates to most likely a guaranteed ban when it goes to court (band c penalty).
The kicker is that he was driving a 69 plate Toyota Hilux that he only took ownership of yesterday.
He even had the nerve to question the accuracy of my speed recording system and was adamant that it was illegal for me to pull him in an unmarked car.
The words 'utter' & 'moron' trip merrily off my tongue.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I don't like that I just ticketed a driver I caught doing 110 on a 70 road.
That equates to most likely a guaranteed ban when it goes to court (band c penalty).
The kicker is that he was driving a 69 plate Toyota Hilux that he only took ownership of yesterday.
He even had the nerve to question the accuracy of my speed recording system and was adamant that it was illegal for me to pull him in an unmarked car.
The words 'utter' & 'moron' trip merrily off my tongue.

That's impressive - Toyota quote 105 mph as the top speed!

• Haha 1

God knows, but that's what my system recorded.
It was very windy so maybe he had a tail wind assist plus a tonneau cover to streamline it a bit.
Possibly he'd had it tuned as soon as he drove off the forecourt.
Anyway, whatever the official speed figures from factory are, my speed system is calibrated, documented and accurate so he's bang to rights.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

It was very windy so maybe he had a tail wind assist plus a tonneau cover to streamline it a bit.
Anyway, whatever the official speed figures from factory are, my speed system is calibrated, documented and accurate so he's bang to rights.

I bet a truck of that size generates a fiar bit of wind noise at 110 MPH!  Not the typical choice of vehicle for someone wanting to "ton it" everywhere they go.

Indeed, it was on a straight sloped part of the local A38 coming into the outskirts of the city so he had gravity on his side too but it must have been deafening inside the cab.
Maybe he just wanted to see what the vehicle could really do.
Must admit I didn't have to try that hard to catch him up, 110 in my wagon even with a heavy dog carrier in the back isn't much of an effort.

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I wasn't suggesting he wasn't going that fast (just giving him kudos for exceeding the manufacturers stated top speed). To be honest, I doubt Toyota care how accurate that figure is - performance probably isn't most customers' priority when buying a Hilux! :laughing:

• Like 1

I'm sure redlining a brand new vehicle is REALLY good for them! 😲😆

• Like 1

At vmax I suspect it was wind resistance that limited him, not the red line. Oh, that and @Stoney871 🚔Perhaps it had more in it :laughing:

But yeah, attempting the land speed record on a public road in a brand new pickup makes you think he probably wasn't the sharpest tool in the box...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

I bet a truck of that size generates a fiar bit of wind noise at 110 MPH!  Not the typical choice of vehicle for someone wanting to "ton it" everywhere they go.

I'm pretty sure pickup trucks only have 2 gears...they all seem to be either crawling pace or warp speed around here! :laugh:  

I wonder what the refinement is like the new ones though...110mph feels barely any different to 70 in modern cars, very little wind or road noise now.  

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I'm sure redlining a brand new vehicle is REALLY good for them! 😲😆

That's what got me thinking. Feel bad for the next owner of the car. Just a money doesn't buy brains guy or could be a company car. 

• Like 1

Speaking of that, I just went to pick up my young cousins today as my aunt and uncle are moving from the flat sadly. Had someone in a porsche macan push into my lane with no indication. Had the cheek to look at me and no thank you 😤. Then he booted it down the road after swerving around a car. Honestly I wish these sort of people don't drive around in these cars. No offence although I'm one of them but these areas with a heavy Asian community I see people like this. Don't know if it's because they adapt to other peoples driving or frauded their way to getting a car like that so no gratefulness for what they have. 

@Stoney871 would you say this is enough to report him with dash cam footage? 

If it's dangerous driving or caused other road users to have to brake or manoeuver sharply to avoid being clobbered then I'd say report it for sure.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If it's dangerous driving or caused other road users to have to brake or manoeuver sharply to avoid being clobbered then I'd say report it for sure.

I'm not sure 😂. I did brake a little hard whilst he slowly turned into my lane. He did go fast though I'd say near 50 on a 30 after that. 

Bang it in, see what comes of it. [emoji106]

• Like 1

Speaking of that, I just went to pick up my young cousins today as my aunt and uncle are moving from the flat sadly. Had someone in a porsche macan push into my lane with no indication. Had the cheek to look at me and no thank you [emoji36]. Then he booted it down the road after swerving around a car. Honestly I wish these sort of people don't drive around in these cars. No offence although I'm one of them but these areas with a heavy Asian community I see people like this. Don't know if it's because they adapt to other peoples driving or frauded their way to getting a car like that so no gratefulness for what they have.  [mention=28494]Stoney871[/mention] would you say this is enough to report him with dash cam footage? 

Sounds like standard Brum driving to me! 

Regularly driving around Birmingham and the Black Country and have to say the standard of driving is appalling, even the driving instructors are at it!

Cape Hill brings memories of people parking where they want, just bang It in the middle of the road, hazard lights on and go shopping! [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Micro said:

Sounds like standard Brum driving to me! 

Regularly driving around Birmingham and the Black Country and have to say the standard of driving is appalling, even the driving instructors are at it!

Cape Hill brings memories of people parking where they want, just bang It in the middle of the road, hazard lights on and go shopping! emoji38.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It's really annoying. Im happy I live in an area not full of my people. To be honest I do come across a lot of friendly drivers there which I like. It's degenerates like I mentioned and young drivers who ruin it and the thing is I do little mileage so just shows how common bad drivers are. 

31 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Bang it in, see what comes of it. emoji106.png

I don't know now 😂. Mainly because I think I did go a little fast from frustration so don't want to be seen as a bad guy to. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club