Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Really??

That's my one piece of exercise a day .

Screenshot_20200416-081322.png

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, iantt said:

Really??

That's my one piece of exercise a day .

Screenshot_20200416-081322.png

He said Piers couldn't wash his Aston in the street...  Surely he can afford a place with off-street parking! 😮 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

He said Piers couldn't wash his Aston in the street...  Surely he can afford a place with off-street parking! 😮 

The media taking something out of context or being selective with their quotes? I don't believe you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The media taking something out of context or being selective with their quotes? I don't believe you.

Well I never!! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was planning on cleaning my car next week. Probably still will anyway. Anyone else getting this yellow dust left on the car. Looks like dust from rain

16 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Anyone else getting this yellow dust left on the car.

That's probably pollen, might be worse this year because of all the easterly winds that we have been having recently blowing more in from the continent. 

Further north where I live the climate is a bit cooler so we may get the same in a few weeks time.

• Like 1

Is it not Saharan desert on your car? That happens sometimes. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, iantt said:

Is it not Saharan desert on your car? That happens sometimes. 

It feels gritty and is like rain which has settled on the paint and dried off

Sand for sure.
Hose it off, if you wipe it you'll scratch the hell out of your paintwork.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Sand for sure.
Hose it off, if you wipe it you'll scratch the hell out of your paintwork.

You know me. Won't touch the paint until a clean using a snow foam first 👍. Do feel better going out today also. Was able to take a break from uni work and sitting in my room on my laptop every day ruminating 

48 minutes ago, zain611 said:

You know me. Won't touch the paint until a clean using a snow foam first 👍. Do feel better going out today also. Was able to take a break from uni work and sitting in my room on my laptop every day ruminating 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/dr-hilary-gmb-car-washing-lockdown-a4415116.html

Dr Hilary says not to wash your car during lockdown! 😉🤔😃

• Like 1

Dr Hillary can bugger off [emoji39]

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, zain611 said:

I was planning on cleaning my car next week. Probably still will anyway. Anyone else getting this yellow dust left on the car. Looks like dust from rain

Yep!
These photos are only 10 days after cleaning it,
but cleaning car is exercise so keeps me active lol.

20200415_124933.jpg

20200415_125006.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

That's why I got another Silver coloured car, looks naff but that type of dirt doesn't show up as bad as it does on a darker colour.

1 minute ago, Tizer said:

That's why I got another Silver coloured car, looks naff but that type of dirt doesn't show up as bad as it does on a darker colour.

That's very true, my mother's car (silver) can go much longer between cleaning than mine (blue).

• Like 1

Today's don't like is Halfords! Or more specifically trying to order from their website.

It's our son's 19th birthday in a couple of weeks and as he's quite proud of his car we thought we would get him a cleaning kit/bucket etc Found a decent kit on Halfords https://www.halfords.com/bundles/meguairs-car-cleaning-bucket-deal/  you have to buy all 5 items to get the special offer price. Of the 5 items, only 3 are available for Home Delivery and as our nearest Halfords is 120 miles and a ferry trip away it's not really viable, or legal just now, to nip down for it.

Owing to our location we are quite restricted for choice, and I realise Halfords isn't everybody's favourite supplier, so might just have to be a bucket from Tesco and a selection of Tesco's finest car cleaning products! 😄

5 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

Yep!
but cleaning car is exercise so keeps me active lol.

20200415_124933.jpg

20200415_125006.jpg

That's exactly it. Hopefully can do a maintenance wash next week and hope it's not raining. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Today's don't like is Halfords! Or more specifically trying to order from their website.

It's our son's 19th birthday in a couple of weeks and as he's quite proud of his car we thought we would get him a cleaning kit/bucket etc Found a decent kit on Halfords https://www.halfords.com/bundles/meguairs-car-cleaning-bucket-deal/  you have to buy all 5 items to get the special offer price. Of the 5 items, only 3 are available for Home Delivery and as our nearest Halfords is 120 miles and a ferry trip away it's not really viable, or legal just now, to nip down for it.

Owing to our location we are quite restricted for choice, and I realise Halfords isn't everybody's favourite supplier, so might just have to be a bucket from Tesco and a selection of Tesco's finest car cleaning products! 😄

Meguires do gifts sets and would better then Tesco finest.   They ultimate range is top stuff 👍

Is there a Tesco Finest range of car cleaning products?  :laugh:  Presumably they just stick some black and silver packaging on it and double the price?  I saw some nice lime cheesecake in the Finest section last week...but it was £3 for 2 slices, cheeky buggers!! 😮  

Depending on how much he's into detailing, and how much you want to spend, Autofinesse do a lot of decent products that look 'special' enough for a gift, plenty of places sell it online, and even their own site.

The Tesco 'Simoniz' range is pretty poor in all honesty, I've bought a few products when they're on half price (the offer is roughly every few months) but none of them really work well...or even at all!

• Haha 1

I don’t usually allow myself to be too negative but today I am very unhappy that I bought 3m 2080 black gloss vinyl to wrap the roof of the ST, and when I’ve unwrapped it today to cut it to size, there’s massive scratches all over it! Raging. 
I think the worst of it I can get away with as the biggest scratch is in an area I will probably end up trimming off, but there’s smaller scratches all over. 

• Sad 1

When the neighbours down the road call their family and are doing a barbecue 🙄. Don't want to be rude but others on the road don't like them. They let their kids play on the road thankfully they don't go on people's driveways. Two of the little girls I could see from the corner of my eye watching me wash my car 😂

@The Finance Guy where did you get the vinyl from? The problem with vinyls are that the better quality ones are noticeable better. You may have to pay extra but they really do save that hassle 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@The Finance Guy where did you get the vinyl from? The problem with vinyls are that the better quality ones are noticeable better. You may have to pay extra but they really do save that hassle 

I got it online but it’s proper 3M stuff so it should be good quality - just looks like it has been mistreated when packaging or getting cut 

• Like 1

Scratches may come out when heated with a hairdryer.
3M vinyl is pretty resilient.

• Like 1

If it gets damaged by packing, it'll never last on the car!  Is it possible it's fake?  3M stuff is decent as Stoney says!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club