Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

It’s possible it’s fake yes, but I’m pretty confident it looks legit. It’s pretty heavily scored, looks like something rough was dragged along it. Doubt it will come out on heating 

C1E8E3BA-146F-4A29-AA5E-581795002273.jpeg

B65D4FD1-4CD3-474F-A4BB-4B11CEFD8011.jpeg

290928CB-5D6B-4973-B672-C55E1B6CE45C.jpeg

• Sad 1

@The Finance Guy

Sorry I really should go offline about now as I've been consuming alcohol since 16:00 today on my fourteenth captain Morgans & coca-cola #FullTilt 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

It’s possible it’s fake yes, but I’m pretty confident it looks legit. It’s pretty heavily scored, looks like something rough was dragged along it. Doubt it will come out on heating 

God I thought that was the actual roof of your car, until I went back a page! Bit of a pain really!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When a cheaper AA battery can't even give me 1 month in a Air wick Auto spray air freshener and a Duracell Ultra can get me through i complete refill and more say 2 months +.

Set on middle setting every 18 or so minutes it sprays, its only 1 dam battery and pushes a nozzle down.

So much for Kodak super strength and the Panasonic ones so just got me some more Duracell.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

When a cheaper AA battery can't even give me 1 month in a Air wick Auto spray air freshener and a Duracell Ultra can get me through i complete refill and more say 2 months +.

Set on middle setting every 18 or so minutes it sprays, its only 1 dam battery and pushes a nozzle down.

So much for Kodak super strength and the Panasonic ones so just got me some more Duracell.

IMG-20200418-WA0011.thumb.jpg.b69b3ff8e0a8fe04c8f65c3519a5c319.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not even going to go there,could say what smell does it spray.[emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

I first thought that was the roof of your car 😱. Are you able to return it? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I first thought that was the roof of your car 😱. Are you able to return it? 

I’ve contacted the seller and they have suggested that there is a protective film which has hopefully protected the gloss underneath. I had looked to see if I could see any film but I couldn’t, so I went back and cut a small piece off the remaining, stuck it on to a flat surface and found sure enough there is a thin film which can be peeled. 

Hopefully these marks aren’t deep enough to get right through, but I will have to wrap the roof to find out...

Aiming to tackle that on Friday when it’s due to be hottest here (17 degrees!) wish me luck  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

I’ve contacted the seller and they have suggested that there is a protective film which has hopefully protected the gloss underneath. I had looked to see if I could see any film but I couldn’t, so I went back and cut a small piece off the remaining, stuck it on to a flat surface and found sure enough there is a thin film which can be peeled. 

Hopefully these marks aren’t deep enough to get right through, but I will have to wrap the roof to find out...

Aiming to tackle that on Friday when it’s due to be hottest here (17 degrees!) wish me luck  

I'd guess then hopefully it's all good. Yeah the film must be what has the scratches on it. 

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

LOL😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Duracell are definitely the best batteries, Energizer used to be good too but not sure anymore.  I found some Duracell batteries in a clothes lint shaver that are "best before" 1997 I think it was, and they still put out the specified voltage and power the device... :ohmy:

• Like 2

I don't like that going on a 3 mile walk yesterday and then digging up flower beds today has completely knackered my feet, legs and hands.  I think I need to go to bed already! :laugh:

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that going on a 3 mile walk yesterday and then digging up flower beds today has completely knackered my feet, legs and hands.  I think I need to go to bed already! :laugh:

3 miles ? 

I'd be arrested for going that distance from home these days 

Voltaren Gel is great stuff works like deep heat but better and has no smell 👍

Used to use it after physiotherapy when I was recovering from a fractured pelvis its available in Tesco and a stronger green tinted box of it is available to purchase in the chemist also without prescription 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lenny said:

3 miles ? 

I'd be arrested for going that distance from home these days 

Voltaren Gel is great stuff works like deep heat but better and has no smell 👍

Used to use it after physiotherapy when I was recovering from a fractured pelvis its available in Tesco and a stronger green tinted box of it is available to purchase in the chemist also without prescription 

Yep, 3 miles in total though so only 1.5 miles away from my home.  I would have done more but as far as I know we are generally only allowed 60 minutes of exercise so 3 miles is the most I can do in that time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Yep, 3 miles in total though so only 1.5 miles away from my home.  I would have done more but as far as I know we are generally only allowed 60 minutes of exercise so 3 miles is the most I can do in that time.

60 minutes? Say that to a pal of mine!  

Apologies for the wee swearie 😉

Screenshot_20200419-200916.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't like finding a few more stone chips on the paint work after washing the car. One area was right above the passenger door between the window and roof. No idea how that happened though if it was a stone I'm glad it wasn't a few inches lower as that would have taken out the window.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't like finding a few more stone chips on the paint work after washing the car. One area was right above the passenger door between the window and roof. No idea how that happened though if it was a stone I'm glad it wasn't a few inches lower as that would have taken out the window.

Perhaps you should consider getting it professionally wrapped to prevent further chips man,

Personally I'd go for something like a Matt grey with a mad electric bright illuminated orange on the wheels or somthing man would look awesome and maximise your street credit alone with some team hecko wind deflecters 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Perhaps you should consider getting it professionally wrapped to prevent further chips man,

Personally I'd go for something like a Matt grey with a mad electric bright illuminated orange on the wheels or sum ***** man would look awesome and maximise your street credit alone with some team hecko wind deflecters 

I’m soon to be an absolute pro on vehicle wrapping. I will wrap it for you. 

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 10:58 AM, zain611 said:

@RAIDER32 how deep is the scratch? Does it catch your finger nail? Could see if a machine polish might buff it out.

Had a crack at sorting this out today,
Turns out the damage was only in the Clear Coat, it had turned white through friction so I thought that was the plastic under the paint.
Last week I sanded the damaged clear coat off and applied some clear coat from touch-up kit,
Today I've sanded that down and compounded and polished it by hand, will use the machine polisher another time but it's 95% sorted now.

544362258_2020-04-22ScuffRepair.thumb.jpg.51e068200596b9783a07e6bcb4872560.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

Had a crack at sorting this out today,
Turns out the damage was only in the Clear Coat, it had turned white through friction so I thought that was the plastic under the paint.
Last week I sanded the damaged clear coat off and allied some clear coat from touch-up kit,
Today I've sanded that down and compounded and polished it by hand, will use the machine polisher another time but it's 95% sorted now.

544362258_2020-04-22ScuffRepair.thumb.jpg.51e068200596b9783a07e6bcb4872560.jpg

That's a really really good job you did there. Really am astounded by the results and happy now it's hard to see it 👍. A year ago a twig hit the side if my car leaving a long scratch across the car. Thankfully managed to take it off with a compound 

• Like 2

Some of you may recall January 2019 I began to create a smart home setup for my mother whom lives alone and is almost 70 with a number long term conditions. 

I installed an amazon echo plus along with two echo spots in other rooms, a hive heating controller and a number of automatic lights and sockets all operational via Alexa followed by mounting the living room television on the wall and putting all cables inside the wall with a Swann CCTV system to monitor outside, and a one touch hot water dispenser to save lifting a hot kettle. 

Well shes currently in self isolation and doesn't leave the house atall, all prescriptions and Shopping she does via local telephone as she cant use the internet except for Alexa

She uses a very simple Doro phone which doesn't even take pictures, 

She has a total of nine grandchildren; three of which are mine; which she can no longer see due to COVID-19, I was taking to her today via telephone as she lives almost 280 miles away from me, I offered to have an 2nd Gen 10" amazon Echo Show sent to her address directly from amazon,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Echo-Show-With-Screen-2nd-Generation-Alexa/dp/B0793G9T6T/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Amazon+echo+show+10&qid=1587665022&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNU04NFM0VkJDRFFEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODEzNDk3M01QM1pQTEpRSjJZNCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDgwNjExMVpTM0VVQTIxSkZFRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= 

Which is essentially an Alexa device with added features of a large 10" screen and a camera.

She could install it to herself by saying "Alexa Discover my devices" it will then automatically install to her wifi network through the assistance of the existing Alexa system which I previously setup on site.

This way all family members could communicate with her via video by downloading the alexa app to there mobile phone or computer for free and adding her email address as a contact for free video communication across the internet 🤷‍♂️ great idea I thought 

But she has declined my offer; doesn't want it and says that none of them would bother contacting; we were never a close family and shes happy enough to be left alone that way. 

There's just no helping some people, saves me spending my time & money but I thought it would have been worth it to facilitate communication with the growing generation for them to see there grandmother again, in a time that so many are losing theres. 

Quite a horrible attitude from her but that just my opinion. 

• Like 2

Hmm, anyone good with Android phones?  I made a slight fail last week and can't find the setting to change it now. 🤦‍♂️

There was a system update to Android 10...and at the end it asked if I wanted future system updates to be applied overnight, after downloading only over wifi during the day.  Seems like a good idea so I ticked yes. 

But it doesn't work in practice because it can't restart and complete the update without entering the PIN, which could easily be 2pm or later as I don't generally look at the phone in the morning. :rolleyes: 

So I want to switch off this auto update application, but not automatic downloads over wifi.  I'm also happy to leave apps auto-updating, just not the system updates as they require the restart.

Any ideas where that setting would be?

Don't like turning 50 today [emoji25]

e9a6e5ab36a5ac3b0ed0f01e6de2e4aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Don't like turning 50 today emoji25.png

Happy birthday. The older you get the wiser you become 👍

If only I was wise to not get emotionally attached to someone I won't be here miserable with life 

@TomsFocus is there anything on the settings to do an update? Did any update occur during outside the hours you don't use the phone? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Don't like turning 50 today emoji25.png

'Life begins at 50' :wink: 

Happy Birthday! :biggrin:  Any plans?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club