Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Our Very Own Yplac Thread..

Ianb

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Just found this, on  the Dorset page:unsure:  Apparently the driver was trying to park in the adjacent car park!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-37875053

I could guess his age even before reading that...  It's not that uncommon, and its always elderly drivers in autos...  :unsure: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I could guess his age even before reading that...  It's not that uncommon, and its always elderly drivers in autos...  :unsure: 

Could have guessed the car as well :laugh:

6 hours ago, GMX said:

Just found this, on  the Dorset page:unsure:  Apparently the driver was trying to park in the adjacent car park!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-37875053

Charity shops are full of old rubbish that people don't want any more... seems like a good place for it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

Could have guessed the car as well :laugh:

Yep!! :rolleyes:

A couple from Inverness. First one taken on Saturday and second one in EXACTLY the same spot on Sunday!

Third one is a special offer! THREE for the price of one!!!

IMG_20161112_142558041.jpg

IMG_20161113_134429833.jpg

IMG_20161113_114151997.jpg

• Like 1

Because those (first two) spaces are immediately in front of the shops, I think people just see the shop they want to go into and point their car in that direction...  Who cares about being in the lines or straight, or even fully in, all that matters is saving a few seconds so you can start shopping!!

• Like 2

I don't know if it's ignorance or arrogance but it really pi***s me off when people park like that!!! :angry:

In the second pic do you notice the immaculately parked Qashqai? :biggrin: 

It amazes me. I also think I have some sort of OCD. my car has to be straight and with enough space for the car either side if me. Especially the driver

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

It amazes me. I also think I have some sort of OCD. my car has to be straight and with enough space for the car either side if me. Especially the driver

I'm not too OCD about it, as long as both sides are within the lines (not on them!) and not "poking out" either end, I'm happy.  I'm always in too much of a rush to get it absolutely perfect, but have enough natural driving skill to get it good enough first time, unlike those who either don't have the skill or simply don't care...

Also people do realise it is easier to park with your back going in than with the front. I find I get it first time when I go in with my back that with my front. Also saves me time coming out

2 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Also people do realise it is easier to park with your back going in than with the front. I find I get it first time when I go in with my back that with my front. Also saves me time coming out

My mother finds it easier to reverse into parking bays, and is surprisingly good at it.  I can't reverse to save my life though, so going in forwards is the only option!! :laughing:

My mother finds it easier to reverse into parking bays, and is surprisingly good at it.  I can't reverse to save my life though, so going in forwards is the only option!! :laughing:

Yeah that is what I meant. Like how your taught in your test. You can see the lines in your side mirrors and early go in. Each to their own though

4 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Yeah that is what I meant. Like how your taught in your test. You can see the lines in your side mirrors and early go in. Each to their own though

Yeah, that didn't work for me, considering my examiner's exact words in relation to my parallel park were "it was terrible"... :unsure:

I'm actually OK at reverse parking if I have my mirrors dipped, but neither of the Mercedes' electric mirrors work, and the 405s are manual and barely move anyway.  The Focus has fully working O/S and N/S mirrors (you can depend on your Ford!) so I can do a decent reverse park in that.

Needless to say the 1995 Peugeot 405 I took my test in had non-functioning wing mirrors too... 

I normally reverse park but in this instance there was a lot of traffic coming the other way and traffic building up behind me. If I had attempted to back in some (insert suitable adjective here) would have stolen my space! :smile:

I normally reverse park but in this instance there was a lot of traffic coming the other way and traffic building up behind me. If I had attempted to back in some (insert suitable adjective here) would have stolen my space! smile.png

That is another hate of mine but I find if you do not go to far forward and just reverse diagonally people get the idea.

17 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I normally reverse park but in this instance there was a lot of traffic coming the other way and traffic building up behind me. If I had attempted to back in some (insert suitable adjective here) would have stolen my space! :smile:

Well, it is Inverness, where people need to be at least 5" off your bumper. 

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

There's a third way which is ideal in supermarkets...  Pull in forward through two spaces so you end up facing forward from the second one.  That's my usual Tesco park as it's always busy and while I can reverse perfectly given time and space, it does not go well with an audience! :laugh: 

Personally I'd have reversing out of spaces banned, the amount of times I'm nearly run over or T boned in supermarket carparks is ridiculous!  Just yesterday there was a woman in a convertible BMW (Ok I should've guessed from that :tongue: ), firstly she couldn't make the turn in the car park and just banged it in reverse to give it another shot...while I was close behind lol.  After the corner she pulled forward into a child space (no child present of course) and amazingly couldn't it straight there either so just as I was passing the reverse lights came on and she started coming towards me again!  There was no-one in front fortunately so I booted it to get out of the way, I honestly don't think she'd have seen me...or more worryingly a person walking behind!  Needless to say I then swung the Focus round at the end of the bays, stuck it in reverse and was in perfectly first time...maybe more luck than judgement though lol.

Amazes me how people do not look back. Like what did you learn in your test come on. Even when I drive cars with a reverse camera I still use my eyes.

When I go to Asda I almost always have to drive in forwards as we usually use the disabled bays for my dad and If I did try to reverse in someone would either steal it or get so close to the back of me that I wouldn't be able to reverse in.

That said when I reverse out I come out very slowly and keep my head on a swivel as most people don't realise that they are walking down a road and expect you to stop for them.

But I agree that if you can reverse in and drive out it is the preferred and safest way.

I couldn't reverse without looking back (or in my mirrors), same as I couldn't drive forwards without looking out the windscreen, it's purely moronic and DANGEROUS!  How some idiots can is beyond me!!

I couldn't reverse without looking back (or in my mirrors), same as I couldn't drive forwards without looking out the windscreen, it's purely moronic and DANGEROUS!  How some idiots can is beyond me!!

Same way people just drive using sat nav without actually looking at signs. And the actual direction

6 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Same way people just drive using sat nav without actually looking at signs. And the actual direction

True!

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's a third way which is ideal in supermarkets...  Pull in forward through two spaces so you end up facing forward from the second one.  That's my usual Tesco park as it's always busy and while I can reverse perfectly given time and space, it does not go well with an audience! :laugh: 

Personally I'd have reversing out of spaces banned, the amount of times I'm nearly run over or T boned in supermarket carparks is ridiculous!  Just yesterday there was a woman in a convertible BMW (Ok I should've guessed from that :tongue: ), firstly she couldn't make the turn in the car park and just banged it in reverse to give it another shot...while I was close behind lol.  After the corner she pulled forward into a child space (no child present of course) and amazingly couldn't it straight there either so just as I was passing the reverse lights came on and she started coming towards me again!  There was no-one in front fortunately so I booted it to get out of the way, I honestly don't think she'd have seen me...or more worryingly a person walking behind!  Needless to say I then swung the Focus round at the end of the bays, stuck it in reverse and was in perfectly first time...maybe more luck than judgement though lol.

Yes, that's what I normally do!  I hate having to reverse out of a space, and even with the best observation it can be dangerous.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club