Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Fiesta Parking Sensor Query

Valdemar

Well done, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner to tell you where it is, was it o/s/r behind the trims in boot? 

If you have a multimeter you can check speaker. Good one should be 50ohms resistance. 

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

If you have a multimeter you can check speaker. Good one should be 50ohms resistance. 

0ohms reading. It was in the boot right side, behind the trim boot light. 

Thanks for all your help!

That's saved you a trip to the garage. 

Hopefully a new speaker and you should be sorted. 

• 3 months later...

Hi just seen this post does anyone know what was the problem did it damage the module 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, complete newbie here, never done any work on my car before. I'm having the same problem (siren sound followed by 8 beeps) - is this not a genuine Ford sensor pack? I bought the car (2011 Titanium Fiesta) second hand and the sensors were working fine. Took it to the garage the other day for a recall and by the time I got it home it had developed the siren/beep fault. Any advice from you knowledgable lot would be great! :)

• 4 months later...
On 7/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, iantt said:

Ok, if the sound is from the front  and 8 beeps , that indicates rear speaker failure.

3 second prelude tone + 8 beep tone from front speaker Rear speaker failure

I know this is an older post but still very relevant, @iantt would you know what the 8 beep code from the rear speaker means? Logically front speaker failure poss??

Thx in advance,

dov

36 minutes ago, dovski said:

I know this is an older post but still very relevant, @iantt would you know what the 8 beep code from the rear speaker means? Logically front speaker failure poss??

Thx in advance,

dov

Yes , that is correct.  Front speaker should be behind the storage compartment below the headlamp switch. 

Thanks Ian,  Replaced the speaker already and now the code is 3 sec plus 7 beeps.. I transposed the l/r front inner sensors but no change..they could both be goosed I guess?

Where should I go with the 7 beep code? Any cluesies?

🙂

that should have been 7 beeps from the rear speaker now...

Hi, I will check the 7 beep. Sounds if you have swapped the sensors over, you will need to have a look at the wiring . Do you have use of multimeter? 

Yes Ian, I have a meter to hand..thx in advance. Still not cured my tail/boot leak despite securing fresh tape over the holes in the rear panel..its driving me nuts..been trying to find it since 2016..

• 2 months later...

I have same issue

But the eight beeps comes out of that rear speaker. So by definition it's working. But sensors not operating. Anyone got any insights?

If the beeps come from the rear, does it mean the front speaker is faulty, and where might I find the speaker,?

• 2 years later...
On 7/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, iantt said:

Ok, if the sound is from the front  and 8 beeps , that indicates rear speaker failure.

Hi iantt, you seem to be the only man on the internet with this info I have scrolled through Soo many forums and can't find anything. I have a fiesta titanium on a 2011 plate with only rear parking sensors. I have the 3 second prelude tone and 7 beeps but cannot find any information about the fault. Can you possibly help, many thanks Damian

2 hours ago, dadak91 said:

Hi iantt, you seem to be the only man on the internet with this info I have scrolled through Soo many forums and can't find anything. I have a fiesta titanium on a 2011 plate with only rear parking sensors. I have the 3 second prelude tone and 7 beeps but cannot find any information about the fault. Can you possibly help, many thanks Damian

3 second prelude tone + 7 beep tone from rear speaker , All rear sensors , REFER to the Wiring Diagrams and CHECK inline C44-C and associated circuit(s)

So basically there's a break in the wiring somewhere I guess that goes to all sensors. I would unplug a sensor and check for live and earth at the connector. Blue/  white live. Green/white earth. Then you can narrow down the broken wire. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

3 second prelude tone + 7 beep tone from rear speaker , All rear sensors , REFER to the Wiring Diagrams and CHECK inline C44-C and associated circuit(s)

So basically there's a break in the wiring somewhere I guess that goes to all sensors. I would unplug a sensor and check for live and earth at the connector. Blue/  white live. Green/white earth. Then you can narrow down the broken wire. 

Thank you very much, been through all the wiring, it's got positive and ground on all 4 sensors and has signal back from all 4 sensors to parking aid module. Interestingly I have looked behind front bumper and can see plugs for the front sensors however no holes for them. I suspect it has had a front ender and had the bumper replaced with a non sensor version. The sound came from the front speaker. 

When I removed all rear sensors the warning then came from the rear speaker.

Ok, in that case, have just encountered this fault? Or have you just bought the car? 

12 hours ago, iantt said:

Ok, in that case, have just encountered this fault? Or have you just bought the car? 

Just got the car so previous history is a mystery. As far as I can see everything at the rear is operational, all 4 sensors are ticking as expected, but still got a flashing light on the park assist button and that annoying prelude tone and 7 beeps.

15 hours ago, iantt said:

You say if the tone comes from rear speaker it's rear sensors but the tone is coming from the front speaker, would that then indicate all front sensors?

Yep, the tone and where it's coming from indicates the front sensors not connected. That's your issue all along . We would have got there earlier if you had said there was a button under the radio flashing. That button only on vehicles with both front and rear sensors. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, iantt said:

Yep, the tone and where it's coming from indicates the front sensors not connected. That's your issue all along . We would have got there earlier if you had said there was a button under the radio flashing. That button only on vehicles with both front and rear sensors. 

I do apologize for missing that information, I really appreciate your help on the matter. I hope this information may help others in the future. You are an asset to the site and to the other users. Thank you again.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi i just purchased  a 2012 fiesta zetec with front and rear sensors , my prob (if it is one ) is the rear sensors go off when  i reverse then take it out of rev they still seem to beep .  The front and rear work but i get a random rear beep " even when going forward , i noticed the centre 2 (black ) had paint correded so cleaned paint off , but still the same . If i press the switch under the stereo "off" they all go off ? is there a problem or is it supposed to be that way ?

• 6 months later...
On 7/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, iantt said:

Hi iantt, do you have full failure tone list? Thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club