Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk 2.5 Instrument Cluster

richie19rich77

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a Focus 2.5 and just looking for the best specs I can get for my money.  I can fit retro parking sensors, satnav radio, but would like to find a car that has heated seats and cruise control.

My main question is regarding the instrument cluster, on the models with factory satnav the LED panel on the instrument cluster is a lot bigger.  Is this just coincidence or is this model of instrument cluster only seen with factory fitted satnav. What other features are included with the larger LED instrument cluster?

I know it is a small thing to look for but I don't want to get a car where I am always thinking I wish I had the bigger LED.

Thanks

The Level 3 instrument cluster (with the large screen) is only used on vehicles with factory fitted Sat Nav or automatic transmission.

All others have the Level 1 instrument cluster (small screen without trip computer which is very rare) or the Level 2 instrument cluster (small screen with trip computer which is most common).

The large display of the Level 3 instrument cluster can show navigation info (arrows) and information of the automatic transmission. Next to this the display of the Level 3 instrument cluster can show several data simultaniously at the same screen.

Hello Ricard

Best car for your money is the 1.6 petrol titanium. pick a 2010 model and it will have all that you want above.

The newest mk2.5's will be 11 plates or maybe 61 if its been sitting before it was purchased.

Hope that helps in some way.

Jamie

Thanks for the replies, so if I did purchase a car with factory satnav; would a new satnav radio be able to use the level 1 features of the cluster?

The Sat Nav function of the Level 3 instrument cluster are only supported by the original Ford Sat Nav systems which communicate with the instrument cluster by using the CANbus system. Aftermarket Sat Nav radio's  do not support this function.

Same for showing phone and radio information on the display of the Level 2 and Level 3 instrument clusters. This is an (optional) function that is only supported by the original MK2.5 audio systems. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club