Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

MOT query...

jmurray01

So why is being parked on the road different between tax and MOT?  It's still a public road, even if you're parked on it, unless it specifically states that it's private.  Not having anywhere else to store it in the meantime is irrelevant, that wouldn't work for tax or insurance. 

MOT fine has gone up considerably, it used to be £100!!  When did it change to a grand? :ohmy:

A residential street makes no difference, it is still a public highway unless it is a private road.

As for 101 I would not trust them to make me a cup of tea, ask a proper traffic officer and you would get a correct response and the right answer.

The .gov website shows that a car without MOT on a public road can attract a fine of up to £1000 and yet people still argue the toss.

1 hour ago, simcor said:

A residential street makes no difference, it is still a public highway unless it is a private road.

As for 101 I would not trust them to make me a cup of tea, ask a proper traffic officer and you would get a correct response and the right answer.

The .gov website shows that a car without MOT on a public road can attract a fine of up to £1000 and yet people still argue the toss.

Clive, @Stoney871 might know the answer, but I have the feeling it could be irrelevant for Jamie now :(

Section 47 of the Road Traffic Act (1988) applies.
It is not illegal to have a vehicle without a current MoT parked on a public highway however it is illegal to drive it unless going directly to a pre-booked MoT.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

You are also permitted to drive the car to a garage for pre-booked repairs/rectification of the MoT fail faults.

Sent from my SM-G930F

So like that Stoney came here. When some people were arguing stupidly

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

So like that Stoney came here. When some people were arguing stupidly

I disagree, he might be wrong! :whistling1::laugh::laugh:

I disagree, he might be wrong! :whistling1:laugh.pnglaugh.png

Of course he is. What does he know. After all he only drinks tea. Hahaha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Of course he is. What does he know. After all he only drinks tea. Hahaha

With some donuts? Is that just stereotyping now? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Section 47 of the Road Traffic Act (1988) applies.
It is not illegal to have a vehicle without a current MoT parked on a public highway however it is illegal to drive it unless going directly to a pre-booked MoT.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Good to know, thanks Clive.  Unfortuantely though, it doesn't make any difference now, as the car is "permanently" off the road...

Permanently? Doesn't sound good :ohmy:

***EDIT*** Just seen you're post in 'I Don't Like' thread. Glad you're ok!!

Park this in front of your house and see what they say. [emoji23]

To drive a car you need all three tax mot n insurance 

parked on private property n not used don't need any.

council property n not used I wouldn't think be an issue with just tax n insurance 

but if you want my opinion I WOULNDT chance it you know what the laws like these days they will pin something on you 

23 hours ago, Zico said:

Permanently? Doesn't sound good :ohmy:

***EDIT*** Just seen you're post in 'I Don't Like' thread. Glad you're ok!!

Thanks.  With the best will in the world, I don't think anything would get it through an MOT now... :no:

22 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Park this in front of your house and see what they say. emoji23.png

Yeah...  The irony is that it actually is off the road now, on private property.  It just so happens that the private property is somebody's field.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Damien said:

To drive a car you need all three tax mot n insurance 

parked on private property n not used don't need any.

council property n not used I wouldn't think be an issue with just tax n insurance 

but if you want my opinion I WOULNDT chance it you know what the laws like these days they will pin something on you 

Stoneys word is good enough for me, he has been with the force for long enough to know whats what. Why are we even still discussing this lol, the car is a write off now!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Stoneys word is good enough for me, he has been with the force for long enough to know whats what. Why are we even still discussing this lol, the car is a write off now!

Exactly.  If it is in the Road Traffic Act, then it is good enough for me regardless of what an individual's opinion may be.  As you say, it is a redundant discussion now anyway.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Stoney871 said:

cyzoic.jpg.cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F

Im not that keen on your hats, must be another idea on trial, definitely prefer our lots baseball caps!:wink:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club