Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Build

Wheels93

Nows the time to try CSP wheels or Google "clean your ride samples" and buy some samples from Andy! He has some amazing brands on offer

post-57403-144183611137_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nows the time to try CSP wheels or Google "clean your ride samples" and buy some samples from Andy! He has some amazing brands on offer

I'll give it a google.. I don't do Facebook so hopefully. I can find a store somewhere online :)
  • Like 2

Little bit of a half update. I've started to do my dual reverse modification, see below.

Second%20Reverse%20Fog_zpszzimfbid.jpg

All was going so swimmingly until I put the fog unit back into the bumper and realised where I placed the new fog holster wouldnt reach the loom. Luckily I managed to pull some more wire out of the bung and got it to reach.

This weekend I will finalise the wiring and get it it wired in.

**Piece of advise for people doing the dual reverse mod. Drill a couple of small holes on the underside of the new light unit because they have a tendency to collect water. Mine was a prime example because as I took it out I had a light shower!**

• Like 2

Little bit of a half update. I've started to do my dual reverse modification, see below.Second%20Reverse%20Fog_zpszzimfbid.jpg

All was going so swimmingly until I put the fog unit back into the bumper and realised where I placed the new fog holster wouldnt reach the loom. Luckily I managed to pull some more wire out of the bung and got it to reach.

This weekend I will finalise the wiring and get it it wired in.

Nice job mate,

The dual reverse is one of my all time favourite mods.

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29347-guide-fitting-second-reverse-light-ford-focus-mk25/#entry158997

I'd have some concerns regarding the chosen location for the fog bulb unit as the reverse light shines straight out; it may be turned to red due to the Red fog being positioned at 90 degree's in front of it.

However if fitting LED Bulbs they don't have a filament so wouldn't be a problem.

**Piece of advise for people doing the dual reverse mod. Drill a couple of small holes on the underside of the new light unit because they have a tendency to collect water. Mine was a prime example because as I took it out I had a light shower!**

I've recently heard of the reverse and fog light units taking in water;

I had a plan of purchasing some 10mm hose cut at 2" inches long,

Drill hole and flush fit the hose to the base of the light unit

Securing and sealing with some silicone sealant.

This method would allow any water to drain out while also preventing any dirt from getting in through the drainage hole.

• Like 2

Good point about the location although whilst testing with filament bulbs there didn't seem to be an issue with any red shine through.. I am fitting cree anyway on payday.

Could always wash the unit out though if it gets mucked up. The hose is a good shout though.

• Like 1

Good point about the location although whilst testing with filament bulbs there didn't seem to be an issue with any red shine through.. I am fitting cree anyway on payday.

Could always wash the unit out though if it gets mucked up. The hose is a good shout though.

will look awesome with Cree bulbs fitted mate,

Will find yourself making excuses to reverse

• Like 2

will look awesome with Cree bulbs fitted mate,

Will find yourself making excuses to reverse

Going to cost about £50 for some reverse lights and fog though lol. Flipping expensive!! Be worth it though I hope.

• Like 3

Going to cost about £50 for some reverse lights and fog though lol. Flipping expensive!! Be worth it though I hope.

When its dark & when there is people around i purposely slot in reverse to show brightness of cree reverse bulbs.paid almost £20 for 3 cree bulb s.2 white & 1 red.

Yunii

• Like 2

they will last the life of the car though,

Well worth fitting for lighting performance energy efficiency and lifetime supply of light.

They will also help alot if you ever fit a reverse camera such as this one which replaces boot handle incorperating the camera in to the design aswell as dead centre in car.

link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65470-guide-fitting-reverse-camera-mk25-focus-2008-2011/

they will last the life of the car though,

Well worth fitting for lighting performance energy efficiency and lifetime supply of light.

They will also help alot if you ever fit a reverse camera such as this one which replaces boot handle incorperating the camera in to the design aswell as dead centre in car.

link:

They will last I hope. Saves in the long run!

I did think about the reverse camera but not keen on getting the headunit out again aha. Was a pain to put in!

Although I think it needs to come out at some point. Got a slight rattle every now and again.

• Like 1

They will last I hope. Saves in the long run!

I did think about the reverse camera but not keen on getting the headunit out again aha. Was a pain to put in!

Although I think it needs to come out at some point. Got a slight rattle every now and again.

it's easier to put in;

If you take out the air vents can then fit your hand in through aswell as see the area behind the headunit to guide the cables above or below the rear of the headunit.

hard wiring the loom also reduces bulk.

I've gotta take mine out one last time to fit cable bridging audio from headunit to roof monitor

which will enable wireless headphones to work from DVD while playing separate audio source through Speakers not looking forward to that job as it also means taking out the roof lining 😧

• Like 2

Well the mod has been completed! Took 15mins to finish it off and quite impressed. Just got to wait for pay day to add some CREE's.

Dual%20Reverse_zpsua5btllx.jpg

• Like 4

it's easier to put in;

If you take out the air vents can then fit your hand in through aswell as see the area behind the headunit to guide the cables above or below the rear of the headunit.

hard wiring the loom also reduces bulk.

I've gotta take mine out one last time to fit cable bridging audio from headunit to roof monitor

which will enable wireless headphones to work from DVD while playing separate audio source through speakers not looking forward to that job as it also means taking out the roof lining

They are truely a pain lol. I was going to take the vents out but by the time I was sliding the headunit in. It was 11pm and dark so its was just ram it in or it isn't getting done tonight aha.

• Like 1

Massive imptovement. Need to do twin exit exhaust, mk3 focus badge & S on to represent zetec-S. Then its complete package.

Yunii

Ford charge a fortune for the badges but they are on the order form!!

Forgot to mention guys. Big thank you to yunii for supplying the end of the loom I needed to get this done. Cheers bud!!

• Like 2

They are truely a pain lol. I was going to take the vents out but by the time I was sliding the headunit in. It was 11pm and dark so its was just ram it in or it isn't getting done tonight aha.

I've been in similar situations many times with the missus mid week when I'm up at 6am the following morning 😀
  • Like 1

Ford charge a fortune for the badges but they are on the order form!!

Forgot to mention guys. Big thank you to yunni for supplying the end of the loom I needed to get this done. Cheers bud!!

More than welcome James

Yunii

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not really an update but more to keep people informed and to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, over the Christmas period I am hoping to get my Triple-R splitter fitted, some DVD touchscreens in the rear. Then after the Christmas period and if the funds permit, I am hoping to get a custom exhaust fitted! Some would say 'About Time!'

Finally a couple of questions for you guys. I am looking at getting some bits hydro-dipped, could you guys be kind enough to propose some good places or people?? And do anyone know who is good at fitting bonnet vents? I would do it myself but want nice clean cuts and an OEM fit.

• Like 1

Not really an update but more to keep people informed and to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, over the Christmas period I am hoping to get my Triple-R splitter fitted, some DVD touchscreens in the rear. Then after the Christmas period and if the funds permit, I am hoping to get a custom exhaust fitted! Some would say 'About Time!'

Finally a couple of questions for you guys. I am looking at getting some bits hydro-dipped, could you guys be kind enough to propose some good places or people?? And do anyone know who is good at fitting bonnet vents? I would do it myself but want nice clean cuts and an OEM fit.

Ask tezza who did his on his awesome ST3

As for exhaust see tony banks exhausts. I know long way down but they are good. Do satureday appts & can take u down

Yunii

Try "Rade customs" in Manchester! For hydrodipping

Had a look a both those places you guys have proposed. Some really good work being shown. I still think my exhaust plans look a little to custom for Tony Banks also, so might calm it down a little bit.

On another note, the vents came through the post today and have been presented to the body. Will be fitting them hopefully in the coming weeks. What are peoples opinions of them as I want to be 110% sure before cutting my bonnet.

2015-11-13%2010.28.29_zpsfn0uzbdu.jpg

• Like 2

I like them

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

But the bonnet lip needs dechroming to match

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club