Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

In fact, 'truck' it, id have rather just stayed at home and made myself and omelette with onions, peppers etc, instead of messing about and leaving hungrier than I was when I turned up! I must have burned more calories just sitting there...

31 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like going out for a meal, getting Richarded around by the waiter then coming home and requiring an 8 egg omelette in order not to starve to death during the night...

I hope you didn't pay for it, or at least complained?

49 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like going out for a meal, getting Richarded around by the waiter then coming home and requiring an 8 egg omelette in order not to starve to death during the night...

8 Egg omelette, Christ I wouldn't like to smell your farts in the morning

But you'd like to smell my farts in the afternoon?

Frying pan is about 10-12" at a guess...

I go through tons of eggs... Tend to have more whites than yolks... I've heard mixed things but a few people have said there is more fat in the yolks than the whites, so tends to be something like half yolks removed..

4 hours ago, Ianb said:

But you'd like to smell my farts in the afternoon?

Frying pan is about 10-12" at a guess...

I go through tons of eggs... Tend to have more whites than yolks... I've heard mixed things but a few people have said there is more fat in the yolks than the whites, so tends to be something like half yolks removed..

There you go Ian, egg white v egg yolk v whole egg nutrition:smile:

Egg Yolk Nutrition

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/113/2

Egg White Nutrition

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/112/2

Whole Egg Nutrition

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/111/2

I don't like that I can't find a post I was going refer to, I know iantt and possibly Tom were major contributors, but search is throwing up too many pages of threads and posts:unsure:

I had it up the the other day and didn't think to bookmark it

As you can see the protein is mostly in the white, therefore the yolk doesn't carry all that much usefulness to me, so I tend to cut them out a bit. But then remember I tend to eat around (or at least) 3-4 eggs a day... So if eaten whole, it amounts to fair but each week...

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

As you can see the protein is mostly in the white, therefore the yolk doesn't carry all that much usefulness to me, so I tend to cut them out a bit. But then remember I tend to eat around (or at least) 3-4 eggs a day... So if eaten whole, it amounts to fair but each week...

Brandy is my yolk disposal service when I only want the whites, for say meringue.  The cats have never been too fond of yolk

Although any more than four yolks in one go, make for a very windy dog with quite noxious emissions:huh::sad:

• Like 1

Hahaha, Yeh, I remember someone gave Pret something like 6 yolks in one go, naturally she ate them all... And understandably barfed everywhere and looked very sorry for herself... I've been less inclined to try her on yolks again, even if it was just one! Many hours spent chasing a pukey dog and cleaning up regurgitated yolks was not pleasant ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't like that I can't find a post I was going refer to, I know iantt and possibly Tom were major contributors, but search is throwing up too pages of threads and posts:unsure:

I had it up the the other day and didn't think to bookmark it

That doesn't really narrow it down lol!

I don't like being so bored that I started browsing eBay...and found an epic looking ST at a decent price, never realised they were so well specced being a sports model...  With petrol prices being low as well, and insurance renewal on a remapped diesel being ridiculous...  Someone buy this so I don't have to... :unsure: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Ford-Focus-2-5-ST-3-225-SIV-171-A-Month-0-Deposit-/172062490118?hash=item280fb93e06:g:gwoAAOSwqYBWolXe

Remembered why I had to build up slowly to long swimming sessions. I get splitting headaches if I stay in/around pools too long.

I'm already tucked up in bed and know from experience that painkillers won't do much

Caught the overhang on a transit chassis cab on the front bumper of my focus as I manoeuvred past it, gutted!!

Getting another bleeping charge on my bleeping Barclaycard because the bleeping customer service agents can't do their bleeping job.  Got it refunded though, of course.

22 hours ago, Ianb said:

In fact, 'truck' it, id have rather just stayed at home and made myself and omelette with onions, peppers etc, instead of messing about and leaving hungrier than I was when I turned up! I must have burned more calories just sitting there...

I believe "just sitting there" burns 70Kcal per hour.  Whereas oddly "just sitting there and watching TV" only burns 60Kcal per hour, as does sleeping

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

That doesn't really narrow it down lol!

I don't like being so bored that I started browsing ebay...and found an epic looking ST at a decent price, never realised they were so well specced being a sports model...  With petrol prices being low as well, and insurance renewal on a remapped diesel being ridiculous...  Someone buy this so I don't have to... :unsure: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Ford-Focus-2-5-ST-3-225-SIV-171-A-Month-0-Deposit-/172062490118?hash=item280fb93e06:g:gwoAAOSwqYBWolXe

It's a pity it's not an ST estate.:huh:

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Remembered why I had to build up slowly to long swimming sessions. I get splitting headaches if I stay in/around pools too long.

I'm already tucked up in bed and know from experience that painkillers won't do much

Chlorine allergy or intolerance?

I used to use a cleaning compound BHC518 which was chlorine based, very effective in cleaning winemaking vessels and equipment, but over time you build up an intolerance and every cleansing session was accompanied by chlorine fume induced headache:sad:

BTW are we likely to see you putting cadets through their paces on the Channel 4 program about HMS Raleigh Navy School?

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Caught the overhang on a transit chassis cab on the front bumper of my focus as I manoeuvred past it, gutted!!

Now how you feel, I once caught the lid of my Capri boot on the overhang of a dry docked boat, in a marina, whilst turning round.  I thought wrongly, the curve of the bow was higher up than it was:angry:

Intolerance - I have built up a tolerance to it in the past, but the last time I went swimming for any length of time was 2011. Few short sessions in the College Survival Training Pool - but that's nice and cool (less of it in the air)

A few of my Cadets have expressed an interest in joining the Navy...soo you never know lol

On the subject of that show - I know the PTI who came out with "This is the Royal Navy, not Royal Mail!" He was a PTI at Dartmouth when I was there in 2011 lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SeanW said:

On the subject of that show - I know the PTI who came out with "This is the Royal Navy, not Royal Mail!" He was a PTI at Dartmouth when I was there in 2011 lol

He looks a right git :whip:

Maybe I have a speech impediment as I tend to speak and think and speak clearly, sometimes this is slow, but I can talk quickly... But what irritates the pish out of me is when someone asks me a question which I'd be happy not to waste my breath answering then not give me the decency to listen. This time I KNOW I was speaking quickly and bearing in mind it required about a 15-20 word answer I figured it was Damn rude...

So perhaps ignorant people who do that AND people that ask questions for the sake of asking questions when they clearly don't give a **** about it...

I was in a good mood until that point!

He looks a right git :whip:

Surprisingly, he's quite a nice guy lol

Certainly one of the better PTI's I've ever met lol

• Like 1

I don't like putting the window down to reverse park and getting an awful burning rubber/cooked coolant sort of smell...  Still not sure if it was the car or something in the air from elsewhere...paranoid now haha.

• Like 1

I don't like seeing the courier the is still Yodel, on the email from the motor factor confirming delivery.  I thought by paying for a faster service 2-day service it would come by UPS or Parcelforce.  :sad:

My family.  Who needs enemies when you have parents & grandparents like mine.  Won't even go to my own Jeffing wedding

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like seeing the courier the is still Yodel, on the email from the motor factor confirming delivery.  I thought by paying for a faster service 2-day service it would come by UPS or Parcelforce.  :sad:

UPS should be next day, Yodel48 is the standard 2 day for a lot of places.

2 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

My family.  Who needs enemies when you have parents & grandparents like mine.  Won't even go to my own Jeffing wedding

More cake for you and the missus then... :wink:

Ah..so if I'd paid £10 rate I would have got UPS.:huh:  They had free 3-5 day postage which was Yodel, 2-day for £6 (which I opted for) and next day for £10

Should do yeah, does depend on the Factor of course!  If it's ECP the next day is UPS (or was last time I used them). 

Yodel don't usually do 3-5 day unless its a recent new service, that's Hermes usually. 

Courier costs are quite expensive, Yodel48 was over £7 last time I posted something fairly light.  UPS/TNT next day was well over a tenner!  Obviously the large companies will have some sort of large quantity deal, but it still isn't cheap. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club