Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I've broken up a fair few cars...got to know the local Yodel, Hermes, UPS, TNT and Tufnells drivers well haha. :laugh:

My family.  Who needs enemies when you have parents & grandparents like mine.  Won't even go to my own Jeffing wedding

How come?

You've been together for a while and have kids, so tbf marriage is not exactly a massive step by comparison.... :/

2 hours ago, Preecematt said:

My family.  Who needs enemies when you have parents & grandparents like mine.  Won't even go to my own Jeffing wedding

Fine.  If they don't want to be at your wedding then they won't want to be present at any other time in your life.  It is harder said than done, but just cut them out like a piece of fat from a joint of meat.  Cut it out and throw it in the bin.

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

How come?

You've been together for a while and have kids, so tbf marriage is not exactly a massive step by comparison.... :/

8 years on March 17th, which is since final year at school and it's the day after my bday( I asked her out the day before but waited until after lol)  Because I only started talking to my biological dad last year & I've invited him along, so they refuse to go, it's caused a massive row between us & basically I am being punished with them disowning me & never speaking to me again unless I un invite him, which is being very unfair on me.  As It's not my fault they are acting like children & haven't told me anything about him + I don't care what happened in the past I just wanted to know who my bio dad was.  I really don't know what to do

34 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Fine.  If they don't want to be at your wedding then they won't want to be present at any other time in your life.  It is harder said than done, but just cut them out like a piece of fat from a joint of meat.  Cut it out and throw it in the bin.

It's tearing me apart though, I can't understand what I've done to deserve it, I've invited my bio dad & basically I've either got to, 1.  Not have him there and have my Mum & Dad there + Nan & Grandad.  2.  Have him there & no one else from my family.  It's way to long winded to put on a forum lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

It's tearing me apart though, I can't understand what I've done to deserve it, I've invited my bio dad & basically I've either got to, 1.  Not have him there and have my Mum & Dad there + Nan & Grandad.  2.  Have him there & no one else from my family.  It's way to long winded to put on a forum lol

You've done nothing to deserve it.  It is simply a case of people being too selfish to put their personal feelings aside for one day. 

• Like 1

I don't like discovering that we've been totally shafted and if we want challenge our shafter, both us and the shafter have got to be prepared to spend £100,000's in the High Court and possibly the Supreme Court.  The value of our loss just isn't worth it:sad:

1 hour ago, Preecematt said:

8 years on March 17th, which is since final year at school and it's the day after my bday( I asked her out the day before but waited until after lol)  Because I only started talking to my biological dad last year & I've invited him along, so they refuse to go, it's caused a massive row between us & basically I am being punished with them disowning me & never speaking to me again unless I un invite him, which is being very unfair on me.  As It's not my fault they are acting like children & haven't told me anything about him + I don't care what happened in the past I just wanted to know who my bio dad was.  I really don't know what to do

This is relatively common, my sister-in-law was threatened with the same sort of thing by her divided family.  Although hers was, neither of her parents wanted their ex's new partners there and threatened to pull their side of the family out of the wedding. She chose to ignore all their threats and invited everyone, regardless

My brother and SIL chose not to have the traditional top table arrangement, and prepared to stick the warring parents and family on opposite sides of the room, furthest from the bridal table consisting of just them and their wedding aides.  Our family, which is quite deficit in numbers had out own table.

Contrary to their boycott threats, both sets of SIL's parents plus new partners came along, together with their respective warring families and kept out of the way of each other, for the duration.

You might find this method work with yours:smile:

I don't like knowing I will have to spend around £500 to get the Primera to new condition (the bonnet is rusting away and a few other areas need attention) because I cannot bring myself to sell the damn thing!

I thought I could, but it turns out I don't have the heart to get rid of a reliable and trustworthy car, so I'll spend the money required to get it up to scratch and keep it on the road.

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like knowing I will have to spend around £500 to get the Primera to new condition (the bonnet is rusting away and a few other areas need attention) because I cannot bring myself to sell the damn thing!

I thought I could, but it turns out I don't have the heart to get rid of a reliable and trustworthy car, so I'll spend the money required to get it up to scratch and keep it on the road.

My Astra buyer can't bring himself round to collect the damn thing either:ohmy:

Numerous messages from him, saying he will, only to find something more pressing/interesting/enlightening than Astra collection:unsure:

24 minutes ago, GMX said:

My Astra buyer can't bring himself round to collect the damn thing either:ohmy:

Numerous messages from him, saying he will, only to find something more pressing/interesting/enlightening than Astra collection:unsure:

Did you ever manage to get it started?  If not, he may have issues picking it up, even if he wanted to!

I don't like people who ignore my existence...  I know I'm not the most likable person out there, but a "hello" when passing wouldn't kill you!!  But, said person also deliberately let a door close in my face (rather than hold it open when I was 3 seconds away) a couple of weeks ago, so I shouldn't be surprised.

It isn't that I expect everybody to like me, far from it, but I am rather disappointed when they deliberately go out of their way to show their dislike for me. 

Sure they even recognised you?

I see loads of people I know in town...they never recognise me though...not that that's a bad thing in my case lol.

Matt, does your family know how much it means to you to have them all there?  Maybe get your real dad to wear a beard and glasses so they don't recognise him?  Unless he already has a beard and glasses, maybe try shaving and contacts...  I'd have just said 'duck' them and have just him there, but I can see that's not really an option for you.

Yeah matt I think you need to speak to your family and tell them that it is YOUR day and you want them there but you cannot bow to silly games. Tell them that you are there son and grandson and are they going to spite you and ruin your day because of their problems with another person?

I've told them this already, my step-dad isn't bothered but he says he's got to support mum, which is fair enough.  I rang them yesterday & Mum didn't want to speak to me lol.  Nan is talking/mithering me although I suspect that's due to my tax bill.  But they still won't come, I've said think of me not just yourselves & that your all contradicting yourselves as I'll remember you never turning up to my wedding but they are all still adamant it's them or him lol.  I've invited everyone & I'm not uninviting anyone either.  But I Can't just bury my head in the sand.  GMX I've told them the setup, Mum & Dad are next to me on the head table, Dad is getting put with Cheryls step dads's parents as all 3 are massive bible bashers.  This could of all been avoided if they'd of told me things when I was younger or even now but there's a communication breakdown.  It's ruined our wedding though, as if I uninvite Dad then it's rewarding all their childish behaviour but I want them to be at my wedding, I'd of thought they'd be proud of me as I have a secure job, a nice house & my own little family, I'm totally independent but hey ho

I don't like silver Renault Clio drivers who ignore the give way marking, fail to understand the use of indicators and drift into my path on the A349 when there's no room for me to manoeuvre. :angry:  When I'm doing 50-60mph and they're drifting at about 8-10mph.  Had the white Porsche, who was in lane 2, and also at 50-60mph next to me, not accelerated rapidly and  giving me somewhere to go:smile:

On the same journey but now on the A31, I don't like the grey Suzuki Vitara who was behind me with main beam headlights on and seemingly had left it adjusted for carrying no load. Despite dipping my interior mirror, for the entire length between Merley and Ferndown, I was getting semi-blinded.  Everyone who overtook him, indicated in variety of ways to switch back to dipped beams - which he didn't.

My new alternator was delivered to the right number but the wrong road by Yodel, this morning, which in one sense was faster delivery than I'd paid for.  Here within ½ mile of each other the is a road, an avenue, a crescent and grove. I'm in the avenue: they delivered it to the road.  The chap from the road bought round a moment ago.

We often get each others deliveries, three times now he has had my 2 tonnes of horse manure, on another occasion I got his US style fridge, I've also had the crescent's passport and somebody in Wolverhampton's:ohmy: Amercan Express card.  Although that was the same avenue: but wrong town and post code!!

16 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Did you ever manage to get it started?  If not, he may have issues picking it up, even if he wanted to!

Not as yet, but I did go to Machine Mart, after the Clio incident this afternoon, despite it not being a VAT free day and now have one of these charging up downstairs https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/jump-start-4000/

I don't understand why someone going up hill on a dual carriageway in Lane 1 would decide to brake and slow down to apprx 50mph, causing the rest of the surrounding vehicles to start swerving... I fortunately was in Lane 2 and after an initial sharp brake as the car immediately behind tried to swerve in, I got past fairly cleanly, I kept my eyes relatively fixed on the rear view expecting to see:

1. The reason for that cars braking.

2. An accident...

Fortunately 2 never happened whilst I was there and 1 was nothing....

31 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't understand why someone going up hill on a dual carriageway in Lane 1 would decide to brake and slow down to apprx 50mph, causing the rest of the surrounding vehicles to start swerving... I fortunately was in Lane 2 and after an initial sharp brake as the car immediately behind tried to swerve in, I got past fairly cleanly, I kept my eyes relatively fixed on the rear view expecting to see:

2. An accident...

Probably one of those drivers who likes to test their brakes from time to time, and then decides that they prefer 50MPH and stays at that for the remainder of the journey.  Otherwise known as - incompetent idiots.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ianb said:

2. An accident...

I have encountered people mistaking an overhead traffic control/observation camera for a speed camera and suddenly drop to what they perceive the limit to be.  Was there a gantry above the dual carriageway.

I was looking at property online your way (Devon and Cornwall) last night, is south western Plymouth a dodgy area?

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I don't like silver Renault Clio drivers who ignore the give way marking, fail to understand the use of indicators and drift into my path on the A349 when there's no room for me to manoeuvre. :angry:  When I'm doing 50-60mph and they're drifting at about 8-10mph.  Had the white Porsche, who was in lane 2, and also at 50-60mph next to me, not accelerated rapidly and  giving me somewhere to go:smile:

On the same journey but now on the A31, I don't like the grey Suzuki Vitara who was behind me with main beam headlights on and seemingly had left it adjusted for carrying no load. Despite dipping my interior mirror, for the entire length between Merley and Ferndown, I was getting semi-blinded.  Everyone who overtook him, indicated in variety of ways to switch back to dipped beams - which he didn't.

My new alternator was delivered to the right number but the wrong road by Yodel, this morning, which in one sense was faster delivery than I'd paid for.  Here within ½ mile of each other the is a road, an avenue, a crescent and grove. I'm in the avenue: they delivered it to the road.  The chap from the road bought round a moment ago.

We often get each others deliveries, three times now he has had my 2 tonnes of horse manure, on another occasion I got his US style fridge, I've also had the crescent's passport and somebody in Wolverhampton's:ohmy: Amercan Express card.  Although that was the same avenue: but wrong town and post code!!

Not as yet, but I did go to Machine Mart, after the Clio incident this afternoon, despite it not being a VAT free day and now have one of these charging up downstairs https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/jump-start-4000/

Don't get me started on the incorrect use of high beams!  I honestly think that if people can't use them correctly then they should be disabled altogether and said drivers just have to make do with dipped beams, which are more than sufficient.  I dislike them so much that I find myself forgetting to turn them on or turning them off too early (much to my driving instructor's frustration).

To be honest, Yodel delivering a parcel only 1/2 a mile away is good!  Normally they get the entire town wrong. 

I had one of those boosters a few years ago and it was very good, until it died and wouldn't take a charge...  To be fair, I left it in a state of discharge for too long so it wasn't really its fault.  Whilst it was in its prime though, it worked great.  Started our Ford Fiesta's 1.25 engine even with a 100% dead battery.

Ghana check with Clive, he'll know more than I know haha, tell me the area (name of street or something) and I'll give you my semi uneducated opinion... by South West it sounds like you're talking about either West Hoe or Stonehouses...

A lot of Plymouth is 'up and coming' and some areas are being 'gentrified' haha...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

2. An accident...

This happens every evening on the 'uphill' side of a local 70mph bridge here...  There's usually a massive queue in the fast lane and about 3 lorries in the slow lane due to these idiots not being able to move left between the lorries, and for some reason they then decide to cause a massive domino of brake lights and you're suddenly doing 30mph...

I'm usually aware of it but this particular time was extra bad and I misjudged the amount of braking needed - there was absolutely no hazard (accident, debris etc) on the rest of the bridge at all...  As with probably any dashcam vid I post, there is a rude word. :rolleyes:  I realise the actual near miss was as much my fault, in hindsight I should have stayed left instead of following the BMW like a sheep, although in my defence we were both doing the same speed so I just assumed he was passing a slower vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI8gh239mi8&feature=youtu.be

I don't mind cars going slow uphill if that's what they wish to do, but braking up a hill for no apparent reason deserves a monstrous kick in the exhaust pipe!

To answer Ghanas comments, nope, no bridges ahead or in sight and no strange vehicles that could be mistaken, literally no reason other than being a complete nicompoop!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club