Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the fact that I have another 8 hours of hell (work) tomorrow from 08:30-16:30.  The stupidity of people never fails to surprise me...  I actually had somebody complain that I saved him money today.  Just a tip, if you value your sanity - don't work in a call centre. 

I don't know how you do it to be fair, yes you get some nice people but you also get some absolute prats

17 hours ago, SeanW said:

It's because I turned down a couple of the courses last year because I wasn't sure if I would have been able to make it. As it turned out, I could have attended 1 of them, but it was full by the time I knew that I could make it.

I also tried to get on one, but was booted off (with no notice given) because I hadn't completed a Protecting Information course (they wouldn't accept my work one - despite it being the same course, done through the Defence Learning Portal).

2nd one I tried to get on was fully booked (I was expecting to be away, but wasn't) then tonight I get told that I'm not on this weekend.

I'm tempted to walk. It's not fair on me, and it's not fair on the kids - they have instructors who can't instruct because they can't get the quals they need.

Their loss - with my ticket, I'll be able to teach a variety of things - chartwork, seamanship, meteorology, comms (including the VHF Short Range Certificate), possibly First Aid (if they bother to check my certificate). Not to mention my prior experience as a Cadet, former instructor and current seafarer.

If you walk though, would it look bad on you + would you get a favourable reference?  + do you get any benefits here that you wouldn't get anywhere else

Don't really like the fact my old gas&eleccy supplier Scottish Power never did give me recourse...ie some compo,for lying to me about how their tarrifs would beat my present energy costs....6 times I tried on Line to sort this.. if you phoned them up they would direct you to their on line website only to find that was a ruse!!! got nowhere..and when I explained I was getting nowhere guess what...i was ignorantly told to go back online to a non existent web site....what a load of B*ll*cks......

If you walk though, would it look bad on you + would you get a favourable reference?  + do you get any benefits here that you wouldn't get anywhere else

No, not really. I can't do the jobs I'm tasked with because I can't access the admin system because I haven't completed the induction course because some numpty at HQ couldn't be bothered to do his/her job. Therefore, I can't see much point in staying at the moment. As much as I love teaching the kids, I can't sign anything off - because of the above farce.

I won't need to ask for a reference...only a hobby...

1 hour ago, V6 Lover said:

Don't really like the fact my old gas&eleccy supplier Scottish Power never did give me recourse...ie some compo,for lying to me about how their tarrifs would beat my present energy costs....6 times I tried on Line to sort this.. if you phoned them up they would direct you to their on line website only to find that was a ruse!!! got nowhere..and when I explained I was getting nowhere guess what...i was ignorantly told to go back online to a non existent web site....what a load of B*ll*cks......

The fact is, most agents will tell you what you want to hear and move on to the next call.  Maybe it is to my detriment, but I refuse to do that.  I'll tell you the truth, even if it results in a complaint.  There is no point in lying to people, if you are honest they at least respect you as a person, even if their opinion of the company goes down.

2 hours ago, V6 Lover said:

I had a problem with Scottish Power (SP) about 8 years ago.

Wifey got doorstepped by a canvasser who convinced her to sign up to a contract with SP although we had been with British Gas (BG) for about 5 years prior and were happy with prices and service.

I was not impressed and rang up immediately (about 6 hours after the canvasser had visited) to cancel the switch as allowed under OFGEM rules (14 days cooling off period).

SP refused the cancellation stating that the deal was done (so basically tough luck pal) and insisted that we now owed them money for current bills outstanding to BG which I contested in the strongest possible manner.

We entered into about 3 months of wrangling during which both companies sent out bills and insisted they were our registered energy supplier.

Many letters and calls to SP were involved and much grinding of teeth and curse words supressed.

In the end I contacted OFGEM and the guy who took on the case was 100% on-board and said that he had dealt with many cases of mis-selling involving SP and that their selling practices were shoddy and well outside guidelines.

In the end of it all it was actually discovered that as we were on a specific dual-fuel deal, SP should never have offered us a contract in the first place as they had (at the time) no comparable dual-fuel tariff and also that they had breached my customer rights by refusing to cancel the contract even though they had been asked to within the cooling off period.

Upshot of it all was that they had to formally apologise to us, sort out all the nightmare of the mess they had made of the whole situation and best of all were deemed responsible for paying off any outstanding energy costs accrued during the whole process (about 6 months of electric and gas bills) as a form of penalty for basically unlawfully hijacking our energy accounts.

We are still with BG and are perfectly happy where we are.

• Like 2

On 30/01/2016 at 5:33 PM, jmurray01 said:

I cannot not even describe the hatred I have for that disease. 

On 30/01/2016 at 5:33 PM, jmurray01 said:

I cannot not even describe the hatred I have for that disease. 

One word will sum it up that I HATE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,CANCER.............

When my p.c plays games with me like it just did.

I hate when you buy something online then go into the £1 shop and see it there,the thing is you paid £5 or so for it.

I hate today.  Feel like death warmed up, works going nuts up & I just want to go to sleep until Monday morning & start fresh.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we could run life like a game, if it goes down the pan, quit & restart, however the only thing that'll get me through this 'rough patch' is putting my nose to the grindstone & cracking on.  

Life is like a game, after 2 seconds I get overwhelmed being shot down from every angle, respawn miles back from where I was, spend ages getting back to where I started for the exact same thing to happen over and over again...

I really outta be better at CoD by now...don't think I'll get any better at life though.  I mean, it doesn't even come with a tutorial or guides... :laugh:

• Like 1

I hate today.  Feel like death warmed up, works going nuts up & I just want to go to sleep until Monday morning & start fresh.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we could run life like a game, if it goes down the pan, quit & restart, however the only thing that'll get me through this 'rough patch' is putting my nose to the grindstone & cracking on.  

I'd rage quit many times, but not before a few gta style rampages lol!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I don't know how you do it to be fair, yes you get some nice people but you also get some absolute prats

I don't know how I do it either, Matt. 

4 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Well, we could "quit", but the only problem is you can't restart life...

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Life is like a game, after 2 seconds I get overwhelmed being shot down from every angle, respawn miles back from where I was, spend ages getting back to where I started for the exact same thing to happen over and over again...

I really outta be better at CoD by now...don't think I'll get any better at life though.  I mean, it doesn't even come with a tutorial or guides... :laugh:

Tell me about it!

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

That's true - there are a few people I wouldn't mind using a machine gun on...

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

COD is one thing I am naff at, I rage quit mainly because of campers.  I'm glad life isn't like cod lol, however if it was like Fifa, Football Manager, Farming Simulator, Sims or Forza then I think I'd be a fair bit better off lol

4 hours ago, Ianb said:

Preferably as Trevor on his little quad bike

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Enable god mode :cool:

Ohhh  forgot about Simcity, I'd have to create a few alien invasions or robots first

Lol, I've only got 3 games atm, CoD BO3, GTA5 (don't like the online) and Assassins Creed which has no online.  Finished all story missions so just play CoD online now, but never get any better at it.  It's rare for me to not be bottom of the list at the end... :laugh:  Global kill to death ratio is 0.2 lol.  I don't rage quit though, never rage at games tbh...its not real lol...  :tongue:

Could probably do with some more games, but I don't like football, and I stopped liking driving games when they became realistic and I learned to drive real cars...  Much preferred permanently mashing X and bouncing off the walls with minimal damage...

• Like 1

I don't like that there's a house alarm going off at 5am.  Presumably due to a power cut but it shows how pointless alarms are as no police have been called in the 15 mins it's been on...

I don't like having 5 days of work ahead of me before pay-day...  But, when I sat here last Sunday it was 10 days - so I'm half way there.

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that there's a house alarm going off at 5am.  Presumably due to a power cut but it shows how pointless alarms are as no police have been called in the 15 mins it's been on...

I have a near neighbour whose house alarm is always going off at the weekend but that's got more to do with him forgetting they have cats and not turning off the interior sensors.  Which promptly triggers the moment, the cats move about:lol:

Audi particularly and some VWs seem to have a problem when there is both wind and rain.  As a consequence, whenever there is both falling rain and a moderate wind, all the local Audi and Passats on the whole (Golfs and Polo don't seem to join in) have their alarms going off.  BMW have issues with hail but not rain and wind.

I don't know whether it is good or bad, but the only time any of our cars alarms have gone off is when I once opened the bonnet of our 216 with the doors locked.  We've never had a "false alarm".

I don't like checking the Primera's fluids to find that the coolant reservoir is empty...  I'm not surprised as it has always dropped over the course of a few weeks, but it's starting to hack me off now.  Almost every car we own has a fecking coolant leak somewhere - how can I be so unlucky!? 

Anyway, I'm not too worried as there is no steam from the exhaust, oil is still 100% oil and it never goes above half way on the temperature gauge.  All I can think is that it has a very minor and slow HG leak, or one of the hoses is leaking.  Either way, it's been like that for over 6 months now so I'll have a look when the weather warms up.  Until then, I'll check and top it up every few weeks. 

The Mk2 Focus alarm went off when I opened the bonnet without disarming the alarm first, prior to last Sunday's car ballet.  Which I shall be repeating, albeit in a briefer form (just 2 vehicles), shortly, to get the wheelie bins out. This week both bins are emptied, 24 hours apart

The Astra has a mystery and as yet unidentified, very very slow coolant leak. When it was standing unmoved for around 4 weeks, I lost about 250ml.  I still haven't found it after 11 years of bi-annual serving, all the usual suspects have been checked and it's none of them.  A porous hose that can't readily be seen when checking is about the only thing it could be. 

Not that bothered now, it's going to to new home - when he remembers to come and collect it.

28 minutes ago, GMX said:

The Mk2 Focus alarm went off when I opened the bonnet without disarming the alarm first, prior to last Sunday's car ballet.  Which I shall be repeating, albeit in a briefer form (just 2 vehicles), shortly, to get the wheelie bins out. This week both bins are emptied, 24 hours apart

The Astra has a mystery and as yet unidentified, very very slow coolant leak. When it was standing unmoved for around 4 weeks, I lost about 250ml.  I still haven't found it after 11 years of bi-annual serving, all the usual suspects have been checked and it's none of them.  A porous hose that can't readily be seen when checking is about the only thing it could be. 

Not that bothered now, it's going to to new home - when he remembers to come and collect it.

It's very good of you to keep it for him, I'd have been tempted to just scrap it after a while - given that it is taking up space on your driveway. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club