Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

13 hours ago, GMX said:

Whereas, I am having trouble believing you managed to get through your entire school days, without at least one detention.:ohmy:

Getting detention was a right of passage that you went through; like puberty or long trousers in the winter

Still waiting for puberty as well... :laugh:  But seriously, I was once told 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime'...so never dared to do anything naughty!   Or anything that might've been even remotely naughty.  Or anything at all other than exactly what I was told by a teacher...

In fact I was so boring my Mum hated parents evening...every teacher said the same thing... 'Well, Tom's quiet, I barely notice him, not much else I can say'. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Still waiting for puberty as well... :laugh:  But seriously, I was once told 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime'...so never dared to do anything naughty!   Or anything that might've been even remotely naughty.  Or anything at all other than exactly what I was told by a teacher...

In fact I was so boring my Mum hated parents evening...every teacher said the same thing... 'Well, Tom's quiet, I barely notice him, not much else I can say'. :lol: 

Or don't get caught... :wink:

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Or don't get caught... :wink:

Correct.  But I only learnt that after school! :dry: 

• Like 1

I'm beginning to dislike a neighbour in a rented flat nearby more and more.... 

To say he seems like a complete bell end would be an understatement....

I caught him piddling on the road a while ago because he was too desperate to make it inside... (an extra 20 metres or so)... I should have rubbed his nose in it there and then...

Out the back of ours is a road with bins and the occasional 'item' that someone is throwing out, one day it was a bed in pieces... I came out one morning to see this bed impaled on a post.. We have cctv and it's always interesting to see whether it's a local clown or a passerby.... yup, it was the drunken staggering neighbour who felt he'd do that....

This morning I open the door at the back to let the dog out and notice a bank card sitting in these small weeds, I scooped it up and proceeded to the CCTV room - (it's happened once before it was a bank card belonging to a guest at a neighbouring hotel, so I figured this could be the same thing)... sifting through the footage, I see the card suddenly 'appears' almost as if thrown, it requires another camera angle and guess who, Mr Bell End neighbour walking down the road throws it... I've no idea how he's come to acquire the card as I doubted it was his.... he is a rather more tanned than I'd suspect someone with a German/Dutch surname to be... Jumped on facebook and there is a bloke with a matching name as the card, but does not look at all like my neighbour - I can't message him however as I don't have a FB account myself...

I phoned up the bank and told them all the details of the name/account etc, so the guy said to destroy it and they'll send a new one to the owner, it just makes me wonder if this guy is a grade A !Removed!, or just some lesser !Removed! who found it on the road during his walk back from the shop... either way, I dislike him!

Wait, we can't say scr0te anymore?!?!?! It's like a technical term around here for a good proportion of the population.... you can't ban that word!

On a related note, it was very strange to be overly thanked by the bank phone operator... It was 8:20 am, I'm not used to niceties that early in the morning... left me wondering if I am a minority, having phoned up to report it.... I guess I could have dropped it into the cop shop, but is this not common?!? 

• Like 2

I don't like that the humidity with not even a breeze to offset it, has returned.  Even at 7am, Brandy and I found it rather too muggy on her morning stroll.

On the subject of lines, when I was at junior school, my mate Adam got into a fight with another lad Paul, in the middle of lesson. I can't remember over what; but it was quite intense. The teacher couldn't separate them, nor persuade them to stop and went off to get another teacher to help.  It was the summer term and all the windows were open. Just the teacher returned with the deputy head, Adam picked the other lad up and sort of dropped him out of the open window, on to the ground outside:ohmy:

Adam was duly taken to the headmaster, who told him as a punishment, he had to write 2000 lines "I must not drop Paul Ladbrooke out of the window when fighting" :laugh:

49 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Hahaha sorry Ghana, but that is so funny (you falling in a river!) - obviously glad you're ok, and I'm very sorry that your fruit was lost in action also, but damn that's funny!

Although, I didn't lose all my fruit, I only lost the fruit I'd picked from the rivers edge bush, prior to the immersion.  I had at that point, already gathered around 3 kilos, which wassafely packed in away in ex-ice cream boxes, in my backpack. Which I'd left Brandy to keep an eye, in between her sniffing other bushes and rolling around in the dew.  I lost a 2L ex Walls ice-cream box with about ½ kilo of rather succulent blackberries.

Water based calamities are becoming a bit of a family tradition.

Although compared to my brother, my falling in the river whilst fruit picking, isn't quite as funny as him cycling into a Birmingham canal whilst on the phone to one client, whilst en route to another with their audited accounts   Which of course were in his bag, along with two laptops, and third client's tax planning report!  The bag that became detached from him, as he was feeling around to retrieve his bike, the bag that then floated in a half-submerged fashion well into the distance, and then disappeared:ohmy:

He did get it back though, after calling both Birmingham City council and whoever was responsible for the canal system.  Having told them why it was vital that he retrieved his bag, the water engineers worked out where it should be, taking into account the flow of the water.  It was retrieved some 4 hours later stuck in a sluice gate.  He re-assigned two of his account technicians to carefully dry the paperwork:laugh:

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

On a related note, it was very strange to be overly thanked by the bank phone operator... It was 8:20 am, I'm not used to niceties that early in the morning... left me wondering if I am a minority, having phoned up to report it.... I guess I could have dropped it into the cop shop, but is this not common?!? 

I noticed that, when I once found an American Express Centurion card in Wareham Forest on one of Brandy's extended walks, and reported to them.

Oddly it, wasn't on and by the side of the trail way, but actually some way into the dense tree plantation, in between the surface roots of a pine tree. Suggesting it had fallen out of a pocket rather than been discarded. Of course had Brandy not chosen to wander into the dense forest for her ablutions, I wouldn't have found it,

Anyway, once I'd got a strong enough phone signal to call the number on the card, (in most of the forest you don't even get 1 bar of signal),  The American Express operator was gushing in thanks, thanking me almost between each word she uttered!  It could of course be an early morning thing, it was about 7am on a Sunday

Admittedly, a Centurion card, if it fell into the wrong hands, and it's owner hadn't realised it was missing, has the potential caused quite a loss the American Express but not many people know what they are, let alone have seen one. Which might explain why she was so grateful that I'd reported it.

• Like 1

I don't like that the night's are starting to draw in, minimising the amount of evening outside:sad:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like that the night's are starting to draw in, minimising the amount of evening outside:sad:

I was just thinking that myself Ghana.  Thankfully the 405 has Osram Night Breaker headlamp bulbs so driving in the dark won't be a problem, and the Focus has great headlamps.  Not sure whether it is the bulbs or just the headlamp design, but on high beam you can see miles ahead (or at least it looks that way!), utterly amazing.  It's a good thing too considering my mother has just got a job where she will be driving home after 22:00 every evening.  Plus the Nokian winter tyres mean it is fully kitted out for this coming winter, without me having to spend a penny! 

The 405 will be too when I take it in to have the Continental TS800 tyres fitted tomorrow morning.

I think the old Roadstone tyres are a bit past their prime, wouldn't you agree?

O/S:

WP_20160906_13_28_04_Pro.jpg

N/S:

WP_20160906_13_28_12_Pro.jpg

Come to think of it, the rears aren't much better!

WP_20160906_13_28_19_Pro.jpgWP_20160906_13_28_29_Pro.jpg

P.S.  It is booked in for front alignment too in case you were wondering!  I did notice the outer wear on both front tyres and the fact that the steering wheel is squint.

Maybe those Roadstone tyres never had a prime? :tongue: The new Continentals will make a world of difference I'm sure.

RE headlights, I think the ones on my MK3 are pretty good, certainly better than mum's Alfa! I haven't driven at night yet though, so I can't tell until I do! Sure it won't be long, as if I pass my test I'll be driving to Oxford in a few weeks which will result in some night driving.

Also, I don't like school starting again tomorrow! My driving test on Thursday is something to look forward to though, even if I don't pass it will be nice to have a go!

9 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Maybe those Roadstone tyres never had a prime? :tongue: The new Continentals will make a world of difference I'm sure.

RE headlights, I think the ones on my MK3 are pretty good, certainly better than mum's Alfa! I haven't driven at night yet though, so I can't tell until I do! Sure it won't be long, as if I pass my test I'll be driving to Oxford in a few weeks which will result in some night driving.

Also, I don't like school starting again tomorrow! My driving test on Thursday is something to look forward to though, even if I don't pass it will be nice to have a go!

You know what, I think you may be right... Even 10,000 miles ago when I bought the car (when they still had plenty of treads left) they were iffy, and now they are definitely lethal.

I know the Continentals won't perform great to begin with, because 1) they will be new and need run in for a few hundred miles, and 2) they are winter tyres and whilst the weather is getting colder, it isn't yet cold enough to fully take advantage of the softer rubber.

One thing that is for sure though, is that anything will be better than how it currently drives.

I don't like hanging around town on a miserable Wednesday waiting for the garage to fit my new tyres (and do the alignment)! The original plan was for my mother to follow me in and take me home until it was done, but she is working today and I'm certainly not paying for a taxi home and then back again, and as for a bus... Well, frankly I'd rather walk home!!

So, I'll wait patiently. When it is done I'm sure I'll be in the "do like" thread happy about the new tyres and straight steering wheel!

I don't like finding Bunty with an eye injury this morning, it looked quite gross with what appeared infection setting in already:sad:  Her third eyelid was somewhat distended and inflamed:sad:

We have just returned from the vet, he thinks she it wasn't an injury she got overnight but rather an injury she got a couple of days ago:sad:. From a either over enthusiastic grooming and catching her claw in her eye, a disagreement with another cat or catching it on a bush.  He said it wouldn't have been noticeable until the infection spread to her third eyelid which she was using to protect the injury itself:mellow:

He gave her some anti-biotics and anti-inflammatory injection, and me some anti-biotic eye drops for her.  Being a 17 years old, her healing is going to take some time, there is a chance she might have to lose her eye, if she doesn't respond well to her treatment:sad:.  Then there's the problem with general anaesthetic, older cats with older kidneys, often fail to wake up after surgery:sad:

She's got to back for another injection on Friday and again next Wednesday.

What with Brandy's ortheoarthritis and now Bunty's eye, this week has become visiting the vet week, tomorrow with Brandy again for her follow-up appointment, back on Friday with Bunty:laugh:

I don't like the :taz:moronic suidicidal motor bike rider on the m5/m4 Almondsbury interchange this morning! 

He had nothing in front of him but was proceeding to do 50mph this morning so I moved to overtake.  Not a lot of room my end due to a fast approaching  (due to my limit speed) HGV, but id committed to the overtake.

Biker decides nows a goodtime as I'm moving back over to speed up! How I  didn't knock him off/ didn't knock himself off/ stayed upright is beyond me!

• Like 2

I don't miscalculating how long is was actually going to take me to get through the increased traffic to get to the vets this morning:sad:  We ended up getting to the vets far too early:ohmy:

I also don't like seeing late blight beginning to appear on a various plants in the garden.  Defra removed the use of Bordeaux mixture from the non-commercial gardener a couple of years ago, and the only remaining fungicide for edible crops was withdrawn from the UK this spring. Now there's nothing in the arsenal to stop it in it's tracks:sad:  Short of harvesting early and hoping it hasn't got down to the potatoes:mellow:

1a8jx6.jpg

I also don't like my Nan showing me a minor leak under her sink yesterday...which I made immediately worse and she had to call my Uncle over to fix it. :rolleyes:  Not sure how I manage to break everything I touch. :dry: 

• Like 2

I don't like sitting awkwardly whilst doing some paperwork and finding my entire left foot has gone beyond the pins and needles stage: to the fully numb and temporarily unable to walk in a co-ordinated fashion stage:ohmy:

I also don't like disturbing a peacefully sleeping Bunty to give her her anti-biotic eye drops, which she doesn't like either:sad:

• Like 1

Further to my post in the "do like" thread, I don't like waking up to find that my sense of taste has vastly reduced...

No idea what happened, and I don't have a cold (the usual reason for a lack of taste), but I noticed it when drinking my coffee that it tasted weak, when I hadn't made it any weaker than usual, then when eating something that tasted bland too. 

Strange! :wacko:

I've just returned from the vet.:mellow:

I don't like what was found, and the consequences of what was found in Bunty's CT scan this morning:sad:

Her eye injury, was not responding to the antibiotics, upon further examination, the vet found mass was growing behind her eye and through the roof of her mouth.  The CT scan confirmed a large tumour, much more extensive than could be seen, it was affecting virtually all of her right head:sad: and beginning to grow into the left side too:sad:

The vet said, her prognosis was very poor, it was inoperable being that big and extensive:sad: Whilst she (vet) said she could prescribe her (Bunty) some powerful painkillers: she (vet) would be surprised if  Bunty was would survive past the weekend. :sad:

Whilst modern humans wince and whine with a slight hangnail: animals rarely show any outward signs of agony until it's almost too late.  It's an evolutionary survival strategy: show weakness and somebody elsewill eat you:ohmy:  She said Bunty would have been in pain some time, but never showed it.  She (vet) suspects it's been growing in Bunty's head for quite a while.:sad:

She said the eye injury, which suddenly appeared would have been caused by something else (other cat, bush impact,  over enthusiastic grooming, as her colleague had said on Wednesday), but the reason it went straight being ulcerated, infected  and then failed to respond to the antibiotics was the tumour compromising her entire system. She could never recover:sad::sad::sad:

Not wishing to prolong her agony, it was with regret, and now knowing she couldn't recover and be the cat she once was.  Bunty was given a sedative and the put to sleep:sad:

bunty1.jpg

Bunty : 1999-2016

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Ghana. :sad: She will always be with you in your memories. 

I'll be devastated when any of ours go, had to go through it before too many times. :sad:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Bunty was given a sedative and then put to sleep

We lost our cat, Blackie, in 2006. Kidney failure. It hurt me a lot more than I thought it would.

But I still remember the 15 or so years while he was with us, with pleasure. He added a lot to our lives. As I am sure Bunty did to your life.

• Like 1

It's always a sad loss when loving pets have to be put to sleep Ghana. However, we at least have the power to prevent further suffering by taking the action you have.

Bunty is now at rest and free of pain.

I know from personal experience how hard that is to do, but it is the right thing to do. This year I have had do make the call twice on 2 of our cats,

If only we could be as compassionate with our own species.

R.I.P Bunty

• Like 2

When your workmate says;

"don't bring lunch in on Friday evening, I'll phone in a TakeAway" 

So today theres five of us in with no lunch and the guy whom came up with the great idea is off on the ✌"sick" ✌

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Ghana :(

RIP. Don't worry, Bunty is off to a better place now.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry Ghana, it is one of the worst things to lose a pet.  They are completely dependant on you throughout their lives, and eventually you become somewhat dependant on them. 

She is in a better place now and free from suffering.

Do you have another cat?  If so, how are they taking it?  Cats are known to be close to their companions and can become very depressed when one dies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

When your workmate says;

"don't bring lunch in on Friday evening, I'll phone in a TakeAway" 

So today theres five of us in with no lunch and the guy whom came up with the great idea is off on the ✌"sick" ✌

That is not cricket. Should have gone round his home and demanded feeding

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club