Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

20 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I don't know if taxis have to pay the extortion charge to pick up and drop off?

Perhaps Uber have to build that in to their price?

I'd forgotten about that, that's probably why.

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

On the bright side, it guarantees I will get Thursday off, so all is not lost.

will you be getting the Focus then?

Hate people who leave their cars so dirty you cannot even see the licens plate number especially in white cars. Like really folks 5quid Tesco self wash is not too much.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah but quite a few cars look really good dirty. I hate the look of a white mk5 mondeo all nice and shiny but dirty It looks the dogs danglies.

Yeah but quite a few cars look really good dirty. I hate the look of a white mk5 mondeo all nice and shiny but dirty It looks the dogs danglies.

There's dirty and then there filthy and disgusting. When you cannot see a license plate that is disgusting

1 hour ago, GMX said:

will you be getting the Focus then?

Not sure if I'm getting it full stop.  The seller still has it for sale, but I don't get paid until Friday and as I want to haggle the price down, I need to wait until I have the cash in my hand to "do the deal".  Just have to hope it doesn't sell before then.

That said, if it does then there is a Mondeo for sale that I am also interested in.

Not sure if I'm getting it full stop.  The seller still has it for sale, but I don't get paid until Friday and as I want to haggle the price down, I need to wait until I have the cash in my hand to "do the deal".  Just have to hope it doesn't sell before then.
That said, if it does then there is a Mondeo for sale that I am also interested in.

What of a v8 like a BMW 540I

Further to my do like posts, I don't like its still 2 more sleeps until I pick up my new car. Now to be fair if I worked days it would only be one more sleep lol I don't like waiting for anything!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When your coming down the road and a person with a young kid comes from behind a traffic jam to cross the road and dark as i was coming down

the other side,he was holding her hand but she came out first,brakes on shopping everywhere and my heart came right into my mouth.

I needed a thick coffee after that.

• Like 1

People that don't indicate on roundabouts and leave you sitting waiting.

Oh, and sour milk on cornflakes.  Especially when you're in a hurry and it's all you got in the house.

22 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Hate people who leave their cars so dirty you cannot even see the licens plate number especially in white cars. Like really folks 5quid Tesco self wash is not too much.

I agree!  That said, both the 405 and Focus look like they have been driven through a muddy field at present...

I don't like that I don't seem to have a lot of food in the fridge for tonight's tea, or rather there's nothing I fancy for tea, in the fridge.:sad:  I could have bacon, olives and cheese again; but I've had that 3 days in a row:mellow:

Meanwhile, in the freezers there's plenty of tasty things, but they all need thawing overnight:ohmy:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like that I don't seem to have a lot of food in the fridge for tonight's tea, or rather there's nothing I fancy for tea, in the fridge.:sad:  I could have bacon, olives and cheese again; but I've had that 3 days in a row:mellow:

Meanwhile, in the freezers there's plenty of tasty things, but they all need thawing overnight:ohmy:

takeaway :smile:

6 minutes ago, dezwez said:

takeaway :smile:

That would be a excellent idea if I wasn't on a low carb diet.

• Like 1

Just now, GMX said:

That would be a excellent idea if I wasn't on a low carb diet.

opps :smile:

• Like 1

I don't like how popular manuals are in this country!  It isn't that I don't like manuals per se, but the result of their abundance is that automatics are rarer and generally more expensive regardless of the vehicle type/age. 

That said, the vehicles I am looking at (Focus/Mondeo) have hydraulic clutches which are a lot lighter than cable operated versions, and as a result don't cause my knee too much pain.  I'd still prefer a nice auto though, but it is slim pickings.

I don't like how popular manuals are in this country!  It isn't that I don't like manuals per se, but the result of their abundance is that automatics are rarer and generally more expensive regardless of the vehicle type/age. 
That said, the vehicles I am looking at (Focus/Mondeo) have hydraulic clutches which are a lot lighter than cable operated versions, and as a result don't cause my knee too much pain.  I'd still prefer a nice auto though, but it is slim pickings.

I think cars like the mondeo you have more manuals due to better mpg but lately I think autos are becoming the norm and less manuals. E.g a BMW 3 SERIES 98-2006 3l coupe in manual is rarer than a rhino with full horns

Just now, Ken.K said:

I think cars like the mondeo you have more manuals due to better mpg but lately I think autos are becoming the norm and less manuals. E.g a BMW 3 SERIES 98-2006 3l coupe in manual is rarer than a rhino with full horns

That's true, and I have to say I hate driving a modern vehicle (not that I do it often) with a manual as it just feels far too sensitive, so to that extent anything made these days is better with an auto in my opinion.

That's true, and I have to say I hate driving a modern vehicle (not that I do it often) with a manual as it just feels far too sensitive, so to that extent anything made these days is better with an auto in my opinion.

BMW's manual is still top as well as Audi's, even my 08 focus is ace. But if am speeding more than 10k am definitely going auto one of these dual clutch thingys. I have driven dsg/s-tronic and the dct in BMW's and it is as sweet as a nut

I don't like the fact I am going to miss my heated windscreen on the cold icy mornings. But it's a small loss for a much newer car in the grand scheme of things. Lol

11 hours ago, simcor said:

I don't like the fact I am going to miss my heated windscreen on the cold icy mornings. But it's a small loss for a much newer car in the grand scheme of things. Lol

I really don't understand why Ford fitted heated front screens pretty much as standard (bar the lowest trim levels) to the Focus and Mondeo models as far back as the 1990s, but yet other manufacturers still omit the feature from even their top of the range models...  Surely it can't still be patent protected!?

I don't like that both the 405 and Focus have their low fuel lights on, and I can do nothing about it until I get paid tomorrow!! 

I really don't understand why Ford fitted heated front screens pretty much as standard (bar the lowest trim levels) to the Focus and Mondeo models as far back as the 1990s, but yet other manufacturers still omit the feature from even their top of the range models...  Surely it can't still be patent protected!?

The technology has only recently been pemitted on other car marques.
I think Vauxhall were the first to copy the Ford tech exactly.
Other marques had their own versions which were similar but not so efficient.
Couple of mornings ago we had a heavy car frost here and I gleefully de-iced and drove home as my colleagues were still madly scraping away at windscreens.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I don't like finding out that because Sky TV have overbid on football rights against BT that they are refusing to pay Discovery for their packaged channels.
It's highly likely that all Discovery content will disappear from Sky and Now TV from February.
No more Discovery/turbo, Eurosport, Science, ID etc.
What a load of crap.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Ford developed the front heated screen with the glass supplier back in the day, from memory and I could be wrong but I think they got a latent granted but only for x amount of years, but I could be wrong just seems to be in my head for some reason. Obviously with the tie ups with Mazda vehicles they were the first to have them fitted as certain models were just a Ford underneath anyway.

It's actually a shame Ford didn't come up with the heated steering wheel that Corsa had when I had that rental car when mine was in the garage. It's actually a good idea just like the original heated screen design by Ford.

I've got heated steering wheel as part of the winter pack and it's very toasty on these cold mornings

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club