Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like taking Pipper for her first neighbourhood walk after she had her tea. smile.png  And her first evening stroll, from which we've recently returned.smile.png  
She's happy to greet any dog she encounters, whereas Brandy could be selective who she acknowledged: and who she ignored.
Pipper has decided as soon as she came in the office that my typing is much better with one hand,ohmy.png the other hand must be used for non-stop ear stroking and chin ticklinglaugh.png

As it should be. See Brandy left you a good companion to feel your hearts with more joy.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Are you getting a new car? You never said! :rolleyes: laugh.png

Did I say I've got a new car lol [emoji13]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Did I say I've got a new car lol [emoji13]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Believe it when I see it [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yet when I said I was driving at 85mph people here lost their marbles

Edited by Stoney871
Referencing a hidden message.

38 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Yet when I said I was driving at 85mph people here lost their marbles

All in hand Ken.

I do like returning with this tonight...  I'll let you guess what I paid for it - 1999 Focus Ghia 2.0 in good condition with 78,000 miles. 

WP_20170127_19_34_02_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

You now have TWO of the same generation Focii??? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

You now have TWO of the same generation Focii??? 

Indeed I do... :cool:

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like returning with this tonight...  I'll let you guess what I paid for it - 1999 Focus Ghia 2.0 in good condition with 78,000 miles. 

£200

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Indeed I do... :cool:

But may I ask why?

It's not like you can use both at the same time lol

That said, I do like the new one you bought. Nice engine, and colour, plus it looks tidy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turvey said:

£200

You got it!  I paid £190 for the other one, so £200 for the Ghia makes me very happy.  Two Focuses for less than £400.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Incontro said:

But may I ask why?

It's not like you can use both at the same time lol

That said, I do like the new one you bought. Nice engine, and colour, plus it looks tidy.

The blue MK1 is technically my mother's car.  I bought it but she uses it regularly, so I decided to buy the Ghia for myself so that she can have the other one exclusively.  So no, I can't use both at the same time, but between my mother and I we can.

Plus I want to cut down on using the 405 so much due to its increasing age and fragility, so if I can use the Focus for at least 50% of my driving, that will help.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

You got it!  I paid £190 for the other one, so £200 for the Ghia makes me very happy.  Two Focuses for less than £400.

Do I win a prize? :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Do I win a prize? :biggrin:

I'll send you a packet of Arctic Bars! :laugh:

• Like 2

As much as I hate any "driver aids", I do like that the new Focus has ABS and traction control.  On such a high-spec vehicle it would just seem wrong to lack those features, even if I don't fully appreciate them. 

It will be interesting to see how the T/C assists my usual wheel spin when pulling out on roundabouts. 

19 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'll send you a packet of Arctic Bars! :laugh:

So long as it's not the mint ones! :sick:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

So long as it's not the mint ones! :sick:

All the more for me then!

• Like 2

I do like that a week ago, I saw Pipper on the MGAR website: and now she's curled up (and semi-snoring) underneath my office chair:smile:

Today, I got her registered as a new patient at our vets.  Where she found herself being stroked by most of the staff.

It was rather interesting to see what Pipper did last night at bedtime.  Brandy used to sleep on a single human duvet that had been folded 3 times, to make a soft dog bed, which was placed on top of my duvet by the wall.  Having duly folded the "dog" duvet, Pipper climbed on to it and curled up on it, just as Brandy did before her.   However, as I slid under mine, she got up, came up to my pillow end, wiggled her way underneath my duvet, creating for herself a spaniel shaped tunnel,  She then rolled over on to her back and requested a cuddle. 

I assumed after I went to sleep, she'd crawl out her tunnel and take up residence on the dog duvet.  No, when I awoke Pipper was lying next me, underneath my duvet, on her side, her paws outstretched,  and had commandeered most of the pillow space:laugh:  

I wonder if that is going to be repeated tonight:unsure:  Perhaps it was only a first night in my new home sort of thing:unsure:

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

So you went for the Focus then

That looks pretty good for 1999 V reg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like that a week ago, I saw Pipper on the MGAR website: and now she's curled up (and semi-snoring) underneath my office chair:smile:

Today, I got her registered as a new patient at our vets.  Where she found herself being stroked by most of the staff.

It was rather interesting to see what Pipper did last night at bedtime.  Brandy used to sleep on a single human duvet that had been folded 3 times, to make a soft dog bed, which was placed on top of my duvet by the wall.  Having duly folded the "dog" duvet, Pipper climbed on to it and curled up on it, just as Brandy did before her.   However, as I slid under mine, she got up, came up to my pillow end, wiggled her way underneath my duvet, creating for herself a spaniel shaped tunnel,  She then rolled over on to her back and requested a cuddle. 

I assumed after I went to sleep, she'd crawl out her tunnel and take up residence on the dog duvet.  No, when I awoke Pipper was lying next me, underneath my duvet, on her side, her paws outstretched,  and had commandeered most of the pillow space:laugh:  

I wonder if that is going to be repeated tonight:unsure:  Perhaps it was only a first night in my new home sort of thing:unsure:

So you went for the Focus then

That looks pretty good for 1999 V reg

My mother had a dog who slept like that all her life.  I don't think it's a bad thing though, so long as the owner is comfortable with it (which I'm sure you are).  It just shows how much Pipper appreciates and cares for you - rightly so.

Indeed I did, and I am very impressed with the condition for a '99.  It has a few areas of rust which are breaking through the paint, but absolutely nothing in the way of dents or scratches, which is miraculous for a car driven in town all its life.

• Like 1

I have 3 dogs that have their own preferred sleeping locations.
The Mali sleeps outside the bedroom door guarding the hall, the springer sleeps on the floor at my side of the bed and the collie lies at the bottom of the bed between me and the wife's feet.
As long as the dogs are routinely treated for fleas and are clean & dry then sleeping on the bed is fine in my books.
They are pack animals and see owners as part of the pack so communal bedding down is normal and comforting for them.
People that shove dogs in a kitchen or bathroom overnight introduce neurotic behaviour which results in stress and destructive behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I have 3 dogs that have their own preferred sleeping locations.
The Mali sleeps outside the bedroom door guarding the hall, the springer sleeps on the floor at my side of the bed and the collie lies at the bottom of the bed between me and the wife's feet.
As long as the dogs are routinely treated for fleas and are clean & dry then sleeping on the bed is fine in my books.
They are pack animals and see owners as part of the pack so communal bedding down is normal and comforting for them.
People that shove dogs in a kitchen or bathroom overnight introduce neurotic behaviour which results in stress and destructive behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I could never do that, and those that do are not worthy to be dog owners in my opinion.  If you have pets then they should be treated as part of the family - no less. 

• Like 2

Brandy didn't like anything covering her, if she inadvertently got covered by part of my duvet, she reposition herself to be on top of it, or she'd drag it off. 

10 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

:lol:

• Like 2

My Cockapoo Alfie has different positions throughout the night. At the start of the night while I'm watching tv in bed he lays on top of the duvet at my left side, so between me and SWMBO and then when I turn on my side to sleep he gets up and under the duvet with his head on my pillow. At some point he then crawls down under the duvet and lies at the back of my bent up knees. Same every night without fail. He has his own bed on the floor which is a proper dog bed with a people duvet double over on top of it, he starts the night off there eating his daily dentastix then the he moves up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club