Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 TDCI Titanium - ordered today!

welshie_miles

Hello! Just joined the forums as today I placed an order for a 1.6 TDCI Titanium with some toys!

Tech pack, met paint in ocean blue, body kit (doesn't look too chavy!) and ESP with TC.

I think I had a decent deal, I got some paint protection thrown in for free (300 quid), free tank of diesel and comparing it with the list price with all those toys a good chunk off the list price! Reckon it's a pretty sweet deal, I did scrapage scheme too, and work will give me a grand (taxed) in my wages as it's in the £35 a year tax bracket. Now I'm counting down the days till end of September :(

Dealer was ok, the sales guy was sales like as you'd expect but not over the top, and really quite helpful.

I'm mostly looking forward to playing with the USB phone music voice activation madness. I reckon I can put my external USB drive in the car, and have all my music with me! Of course, looking forward to driving the thing through the country roads, and the fact my old Audi Panzer-80 does about 30mpg... cheap travel in sight!

It's my first new car so I'm like a kid at Christmas! Will post a pic in a few weeks and look forwad to contributing here.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• welshie_miles

• DanGull

• Silent Shark

• Flic

Welcome to FOC.

Nice car - if you're on facebook we have a Fiesta owner's group that runs alongside the forum, feel free to join if you wish.

Welcome to FOC.

Nice car - if you're on facebook we have a Fiesta owner's group that runs alongside the forum, feel free to join if you wish.

Thanks, and yes please! PM sent.

Nice car - lucky you

Welcome to the forums

Nice car - lucky you

Welcome to the forums

Cheers! I'd love to know if I got a good deal or not, 2 grand below the price done with the Ford config thing, does that sound any good? They said they couldn't do the bigger wheels so took a hundred quid off. Saying that, I'm looking at the top spec wheels and really like the look of them. Instead I have 'spokes' for wheels :( Also I wanted to ask for blue trim but was too excited, having said that looks like I couldn't have got it anyway from reading this forum.

2 grand is a pretty good discount, yes.

The 17 inch wheels can only be spec'd officially as part of the £1K X Pack - and they look awesome.

I believe that you can however have them fitted as a dealer accessory. Paul Worthing tried it and it was coming to about £800, so he decided to take the pack and get the leather seats which also make up the pack.

Blue trim is for the Zetec S, and only on certain colours anyway I believe.

Ahh bugger! Well too late, but then I'm paying for so many toys and a well specced model, I have to stop somewhere. Basically, I decided if I ever bought a new car, which to me was always an insane idea, make it a good spec one!

If I'd had the money I would have bought the fully specced titanium that the dealer had in stock - it was a cancelled order and they were going to sell it to me for £12200, unfortunately it was out of my budget :(

Hi there. Welcome.

You're in a similar position to me, it's my first new car too and I ordered mine a week ago today. I got a similar spec (Tech Pack, ESP, Body Kit, plus I also got the 7-spoke alloys and an Interior Pack) but I have to ask, where did you get the 'end of September' from?? I've been given a date of 2nd November for my car!

The car might not be a factory order SS, it may already be in the system - cancelled order or similar.

If it's a factory order...then yes, I think that's a very optimistic delivery date.

The car might not be a factory order SS, it may already be in the system - cancelled order or similar.

If it's a factory order...then yes, I think that's a very optimistic delivery date.

Good point. Part of me was hoping the dealer had some inside knowledge or something though (e.g. the production rate was being ramped up considerably due to demand ;) ).

Hi Silent_Shark, the guy said if I ordered by Saturday the build date would be about 20th(ish) of September, to be delivered at the end of. He waffled something about "we might need to register it as it's on the truck on the way over" which meant because of targets, the car might be registered in September or October.

Maybe though that's just sales talk, and actually they know full well I won't get the car till next year or something, but want to soften the blow with excuses. If so, I will be royally naffed off.

Hmmm, I have to say Miles - if you get your car by the end of September I'll be very surprised.

Average wait is 13 weeks at present, longest is 22!

I was originally told 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10, weeks - and it'll be 13 weeks and 4 days.

Hope you have better luck, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much just in case.

Hmmm, I have to say Miles - if you get your car by the end of September I'll be very surprised.

Average wait is 13 weeks at present, longest is 22!

I was originally told 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10, weeks - and it'll be 13 weeks and 4 days.

Hope you have better luck, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much just in case.

Ok cheers Dan, that might make the heartache a bit more tolerable! If it's a usual tactic then it's pretty much out of order :angry:

Also, my tax runs out in November for my Audi Panzer, and I'm desperately close to the legal limit for one of the tyres!

Will keep you all posted for info.

On another topic, I'm already thinking about tweaks here and there, is there like an accessories site dedicated to Fiestas? What about more performance from the engine, it's a diesel which may be an issue. Am going to do research, I'm possibly a bit too excited about this Fezzie...

Hi Silent_Shark, the guy said if I ordered by Saturday the build date would be about 20th(ish) of September, to be delivered at the end of. He waffled something about "we might need to register it as it's on the truck on the way over" which meant because of targets, the car might be registered in September or October.

Maybe though that's just sales talk, and actually they know full well I won't get the car till next year or something, but want to soften the blow with excuses. If so, I will be royally naffed off.

Well fingers crossed for you! It would be fantastic if you could get your car so quickly.

I might phone the dealer later today, see if I can get a build date out of them... :)

We have a build slot for the car your after for September 3rd which

means we can have a car here for you in the specification you want by

the 26th September.

Hmm, that's quite specific isn't it? They'd better not be telling me porkies, or am I just beingvery naive?

I've been told I might get my Zetec S only about 4-5 weeks after I ordered it because they already had a build slot allocated for another car (intended to be a demo) which they have now changed the colour and spec on....remains to be seen if thats a load of rubbish or not though.....

Ah ha, that sounds to me like they ALREADY had a Titanium build slo(w edit - t, Freudian slip!) - as coysht says maybe for a demo or another cancelled customer.

It is very specific, only way to find out is to call them on September the 3rd and see if it's been built!

2 grand is a pretty good discount, yes.

The 17 inch wheels can only be spec'd officially as part of the £1K X Pack - and they look awesome.

I believe that you can however have them fitted as a dealer accessory. Paul Worthing tried it and it was coming to about £800, so he decided to take the pack and get the leather seats which also make up the pack.

Blue trim is for the Zetec S, and only on certain colours anyway I believe.

Just o clarify tho on the X Pack - my dealer told me that it was one of the packs with a major markup - I actually got it 760 and he also knocked off an additional 50 from the bottom line price so effectively got it for 710. If you like the 17"ers it might be an idea to ty and do a deal - I did labour the point I did NOT want the leather so tryig to sell it to me at 1,000 for that additional feature was never going to work!

had my dealer say that the 17 inchers will probably come out as an accessory later on for £500

had my dealer say that the 17 inchers will probably come out as an accessory later on for £500

They already are - 130 per wheel plus the cost of a tyre which if you get ford to put the rubber on they would put 125 tyres. SO you are talking about 255 per corner . . .

and what if i sold my current wheels back to fords, how much would i get in return :huh:

or better selling on eBay? sell for 400-500?

hmmm

Interesting, I'd be curious to know what they go for myself.

On a side note, went for a wander up to the dealer after they'd closed, so I could have another look at the Fiestas. (Sad I know, but the wait is killing me, and I only ordered it yesterday!).

I couldn't help wondering, if the keyless entry key fob dies, how do you start the car? There is literally no ignition switch at all it's blanked off! I wouldn;t want to be stuck somewhere because of a flat button battery :(

Ideas?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club