Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hit And Run By A Fellow Focus Driver, Poor Show.

simcor

The car does not appear to be an employees car at Bidvest. It's not been there since and it seems it was registered in central London not Leeds as I first thought.

Have spoken to the garage manager and he has asked me to leave my details and he will look at the cameras and see if they have it on camera. If they don't then I think it's a lost cause.

I was told when I reported it Derbyshire police would ring me and ask me to go in and make a statement but i have not heard anything from them.

The car does not appear to be an employees car at Bidvest. It's not been there since and it seems it was registered in central London not Leeds as I first thought.

The first letter of current plates indicate where the car was registered . . . so MA, MC ME etc would be Manchester & Merseyside - problem is cars rarely stay where they are originally registered

Well Bidvest think they have identified the driver from the mugshot I sent them. Their site manager is speaking to the contractor they believe it was and are going to ask him to call me. I can't see what good that will do to be honest as I can't see him admitting it. But you never know.

Well Bidvest think they have identified the driver from the mugshot I sent them. Their site manager is speaking to the contractor they believe it was and are going to ask him to call me. I can't see what good that will do to be honest as I can't see him admitting it. But you never know.

You have the date & time of the incident & the place & the car's colour etc - he may not admit it but your dashcam footage is damning I'd say

• Like 1

if it is a contractor then get onto the cops saying that Bidvest have identified the culprit and get them to sort it out.

can you not legally request the culprits details via Freedom of Information Act as his car has hit yours and they have just confirmed it?

They say they may have identified the culprit. They believe it may be this contractor. I assume they are going to tell him he needs to speak to me as it has been reported to the police. If he doesn't then I see no reason why they won't be able to give me the information to go to the police. I am however prepared to listen to what he has to say and see what resolution he offers.

• Like 1

If they find him his screwed whatever happens, leaving the scene then not reporting it, big no no.

Insurance might be tricky, since its all official then id say inform them, the absolutely last thing you want is for them to find out you had the accident and didn't report it, lying is a sure fire way of having your insurance voided.

If the chap had been sensible it could have been privately sorted out without anyone else having to be involved.

His a tool.

• Like 1

Problem is it's a suggestion it may be him. Think they are trying to suggest it is in his favour to call me and resolve the situation. If he wants it to go through the insurance then I'm happy either way. Police are obviously not interested or they would have been in touch with me by now.

All I want is the damage on my car sorted. I'd be happy at that but will see how things pan out.

The first letter of current plates indicate where the car was registered . . . so MA, MC ME etc would be Manchester & Merseyside - problem is cars rarely stay where they are originally registered

That's it Mark. Our Nissan is an OW (registered in Southampton) but within 2 years it was over 600 miles away in Moray!

• Like 1

My Focus was registered in Sidcup. Vectra in Worcester. Golf in Leeds. 2nd Golf in Stanmore. Never owned a new-style reg car from East Anglia (A-). :lol:

Mine is from Brighton, where it served as a hire car for 15k, then moved to Stranraer to live a life on the coast until it hit 50k where they also almost blocked the DPF up. I picked her up and shes been traveling the UK for the last 30ish K. now at 82 and if the snow holds off today will get her first new timing belt. #FrozenBalls

funny how cars travel around so much

• Like 2

Well considering the Site Manager was going to be speaking to this guy yesterday and get him to call me, guess what?

Not heard a peep, no missed calls.

Not surprised. I wish for your sake you had a 1080p dashcam, makes a world of difference, you would have had the reg then.

If I were you, I would just report the reg you believe (to the best of your knowledge) is correct, to the cops. If it really is the guy, he'll probably confess under pressure, and job will be done.

Mine does do 1080p but in 4:3 ratio. I thought 720p in 16:9 would have been adequate and it normally is. It just seems to be a combination of factors that means the second part of the reg is unreadable. Might set it back to 1080p. I set it back to 720p so the file sizes were a bit smaller. Guess you live and learn.

Not sure it actually makes a difference if you have a cheap camera. Mines supposed to be HD 1080...but quality and file size appears the same on 1080 or 720... :lol:

Same as the 'anti shake' feature that doesn't do anything except add a symbol to the screen.

I need to replace mine as it's only working properly about half the time now, but there are so many to chose from and I have a limited budget I just keep putting it off. :s

Yeah some of the cheap rubbish cameras will look the same in 720p and 1080p mode. The Mobius used to be the best budget dashcam, I have one and the 1080p mode is very clear. You can also get a wide-angle lens version. Don't know if there are better options out there nowadays.

Highly recommend a rear camera. I've got 2x mini 0805's, theres no getting away from my car without a plate reading ;)

• Like 1

Are the 0805s decent? My 0801 didn't even last a year before it started freezing/not recording/randomly switching off. I do like the compact size though so was looking at the 0805...

They don't handle damaged SD cards well (they'll just conk out and die rather than show an error, accidentally returned an OK camera to amazon when I had that problem) ; but besides that top notch. I've got mine hardwired ignition switched.

I posted a conversation stopper some time back about cameras on here

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/page-4

The short of it is this, a 720p camera will have less artefacts than a 1080p but contain significant less detail than 1080p camera. That means, at night and driving through a tree lined area or anywhere there is a lot of stuff going on, the 720p will give you a "clearer" picture in that there will be less blocking or odd colour banding. the 1080p however has a massive amount more detail so whilst it has higher compression ratio and will have more odd colour banding and blocking, it will have a much higher chance of picking up the detail you need

They don't handle damaged SD cards well (they'll just conk out and die rather than show an error, accidentally returned an OK camera to Amazon when I had that problem) ; but besides that top notch. I've got mine hardwired ignition switched.

Oops lol, I've already got a decent card so that shouldn't be an issue hopefully. My 0801 is also hardwired, but often comes on then immediately switches off or just blank screens, much worse in the cold as well.

I posted a conversation stopper some time back about cameras on here

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/page-4

The short of it is this, a 720p camera will have less artefacts than a 1080p but contain significant less detail than 1080p camera. That means, at night and driving through a tree lined area or anywhere there is a lot of stuff going on, the 720p will give you a "clearer" picture in that there will be less blocking or odd colour banding. the 1080p however has a massive amount more detail so whilst it has higher compression ratio and will have more odd colour banding and blocking, it will have a much higher chance of picking up the detail you need

Hmm, that's all quite confusing... :lol: So short answer is it's better to keep it in 1080p?
  • Like 1

Hmm, that's all quite confusing... :lol: So short answer is it's better to keep it in 1080p?

Yeah!

Unless....

... the camera has a REALLY low bitrate if the camera does 1080p but only records at 1 or 2Mbps, then the compression will be so big it will be useless, think watching a new movie at home, recorded in a cinema on a Phone camera, it might record at 1080p but it will look crap.

I'm not really sure its easy to simplify this, an amazing 720p running at 20Mbps will easily own a 1080p at 2Mbps.

My camera is a dual camera, 2 cams to 1 SD card, because of that its maximum is limited to 20Mbps, so the front cam operates at around 11Mbps and the rear is around 9Mbps, I wouldn't go any lower than that with a 1080p camera.

So I guess in short, if your looking for a camera get one that does 30fps regardless

1080p must record at >10Mbps

720p must record at >17Mbps

personally I would only recommend one with parking mode as well

Bitrate - Higher the better less artefacts more clarity - Bigger file size, less stored

Resolution - Higher the better, significantly more detail recorded - Bigger file size, less stored.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club