Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there spose to be a dash button for Traction Control?

LeeZetecS

can't it just be moved along one...that pic showed 2 blanks?!

Was about to ask something similar to this ^^^^^

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• DanGull

• Tyrefryer

• Focus_ST-3

what??

its got a electronic diff has it!?!? :lol:

I know how the systems work bud...no point me going into specifics...I would wear me fingers out typing...but it is one of the simplest systems on the market...hence the complaints ya'll are having about it.

It doesn't kill engine completely I know, it depends on the slip it detects, but the 'solution' it has it cutting back on the power...nothing else...that what I am saying...

Not saying that it should be better...it aint no M3 or AMG merc, just a festa...but just stating what I know about the systems...may help explain some of the complaints about it!?? maybe people expecting too much of a basic system :)

You've already said that the ABS sensors are used to manage the system - you don't need an electronic diff to make the wheels operate independently of each other, the sensors simply apply the brakes on one side and not the other.

The traction control system in the Fiesta IS capable of applying 'traction control' to one wheel and not the other.

Was about to ask something similar to this ^^^^^

Problem is that the printed circuit board of this esp-button goes over all three buttons,...

I drive a Titanium with ESP, but only the Sport here has this button.

But the plug is already there, behind the cover ;)

Problem is that the printed circuit board of this esp-button goes over all three buttons,...

are you 100% sure that its not possible? Is there a different button available?

why cant you have both? Reason I ask is that I have front PDC

Dont see why not, anyone know what the third blanked out button is for?

You've already said that the ABS sensors are used to manage the system - you don't need an electronic diff to make the wheels operate independently of each other, the sensors simply apply the brakes on one side and not the other.

The traction control system in the Fiesta IS capable of applying 'traction control' to one wheel and not the other.

Spot on

are you 100% sure that its not possible? Is there a different button available?

Well the person who told me this, works for Ford,... There is no such button.

But if you are good at soldering, one user over here managed it by himselfe.

Well the person who told me this, works for Ford,... There is no such button.

But if you are good at soldering, one user over here managed it by himselfe.

Surely there must be a button as you can configure a Titanium with ESP and front parking sensors on the Ford website :huh:

Surely there must be a button as you can configure a Titanium with ESP and front parking sensors on the Ford website :huh:

But the Titanium doesn't have the button for deactivating the ESP, in fact we don't have somewhere to fit those buttons, the AAC is in the way I think.

I have a titanium with ESP which has no button but if your able to slave the switch in it might be worth me looking into. surely the only place it can go is in the card holder space.

But the Titanium doesn't have the button for deactivating the ESP, in fact we don't have somewhere to fit those buttons, the AAC is in the way I think.

Ah, I forgot about that. And you cant get front parking sensors on the Zetec S, so Tyrefryer it looks like you are correct.

what is AAC?

Sorry - it might not be called that - automatic air con. The only car I've ever seen with the TC off button is alexafc's Zetec S, I remember looking at it and thinking 'ah, well my air con is where that button would be' - but my memory is fuzzy :lol:

Sorry - it might not be called that - automatic air con. The only car I've ever seen with the TC off button is alexafc's Zetec S, I remember looking at it and thinking 'ah, well my air con is where that button would be' - but my memory is fuzzy :lol:

I have the climate control and I also have the parking sensor button. The buttons are below the 'AAC' panel, in your car you will have a 'card holder' if you do not have sensors. I hope this makes sense?

I have the climate control and I also have the parking sensor button. The buttons are below the 'AAC' panel, in your car you will have a 'card holder' if you do not have sensors. I hope this makes sense?

Sorry guys, my better half needed me for the tree,... :rolleyes:

Here are some pictures, which show how to mount the button... ;)

Yes Jonny - you're quite right, I do indeed have a 'card holder', not sure what it's supposed to hold mind :lol:

I'm going to try and take out the fuses on my ESP, but don't think I'm up for fitting off buttons etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dan, any luck with that? Just wondering if taking the fuses out had any other impact other than disabling ESP and TC - I just want to play!! :D

Hey Dan, any luck with that? Just wondering if taking the fuses out had any other impact other than disabling ESP and TC - I just want to play!! :D

I'd like to know the same as above plus exactly which fuse(s) should be pulled to disable TC on a Titanium?

Have people found that disabling TC makes a significant improvement to hill-starting ability on slippery surfaces?

• 8 months later...

I'd like to know the same as above plus exactly which fuse(s) should be pulled to disable TC on a Titanium?

Have people found that disabling TC makes a significant improvement to hill-starting ability on slippery surfaces?

Did anyone give a reply to this? I want to be better prepared for winter this year. Also did anyone try winter tyres on this model I'm thinking of having a go this year. Thx

:unsure: Forgive me but I’m a bit lost with this statement…

The TC will only kick in when the wheels spin, and the wheels will only spin if you have no traction because you are putting too much power to the wheels. So how can disabling the device that prevents wheel spin help you starting on slippery surfaces?

Not having TC, I can only guess from memory of this post(from when it was snowing) that the TC on the fiesta kicks in too early, and completely cuts the power when it does so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club