Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Double post as I can't seem to enter a new line after an emote on my mobile...

Actually I've seen one with red accent and a HVAC panel the same but it wasn't for sale... Ice blue would be nice!

On 6/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, Phil21185 said:

Double post as I can't seem to enter a new line after an emote on my mobile...

Actually I've seen one with red accent and a HVAC panel the same but it wasn't for sale... Ice blue would be nice!

are you happy with your sync 2  ? 🙂 sorry I was super bussy last weeks and have brak in my car has to replace my door etc 😞

Yeah I remember you saying, that sucks mate! Did you get fixed up in the end?

Well I was happy with it, until everyone else upgraded to sync 3!!

I've actually got a sync 3 (I hope!) Coming soon! Want your sync 2 back lol?!

Tbh what you sent me was great and at a great price so I have no complaints!

If you read through the last few pages of this thread it's actually pretty funny!

On 6/7/2018 at 9:35 PM, mastachaz said:

this is sync 2

That's what I thought but if you look at the pics, the APIM is Sync 3 and the part number refers to a sync 3. I asked the seller if I get what's in the picture and he said yes so fingers crossed...

For those following:

Back of sync 2 APIM:

Screenshot_20180607-225037.thumb.png.91c441550e68068e2e2ca36eb1e5ba63.png

Back of sync 3 APIM (the top bit):

Screenshot_20180607-225017.thumb.png.7e1c213e22717421ea6dcc20c90892d9.png

Lots of differences once you look, bit mainly ridges top to bottom and a small cable are present on a sync 3 system.

System turned up today - as pictured, a Sync 3! Can't wait to get it put in tomorrow, hope it works!

Need to pick up the hub now...

Hello all Radio enthusiast.

I have been looking at this thread for a while..:smile:

My car is bulid nov. 2011 and the radio is mine in the picture.

Would it be possible for me to, change it to Sync 3?? (of course with some advice and wiring/hardware modifications?)

Thanks Shavoh:wink:

Radio 1.png

Radio 2.png

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

System turned up today - as pictured, a Sync 3! Can't wait to get it put in tomorrow, hope it works!

Need to pick up the hub now...

nice one phil you will have to post some pics and make all of us sync 1 users jealous lol 👍

Hey that was me less than a month ago!

I'll have a sync 2 up for sale soon. For you, it'd be very cheap!

4 hours ago, Shavoh said:

Hello all Radio enthusiast.

I have been looking at this thread for a while..:smile:

My car is bulid nov. 2011 and the radio is mine in the picture.

Would it be possible for me to, change it to Sync 3?? (of course with some advice and wiring/hardware modifications?)

Thanks Shavoh:wink:

Radio 1.png

Radio 2.png

Well I don't know if it is possible, but if you can upgrade to sync 1.1 (with the college it LCD dash as well as centre display) then you should be able to, yes. 

Well I've got my sync 3 in and working:

20180609_135935.thumb.jpg.ad7795749d9a8ab5482aad58f59acb19.jpg

Sahweet!

I've set up the system for my use, but haven't programmed the APIM yet.

Did find a funky hidden theme though:

20180609_145335.thumb.jpg.fa53d5c69ba532027b6b2ba81ba4ecf0.jpg

i thought you was leaving it until sunday lol. looking really good phil is it just plug and play?.

No I thought I'd posted that yesterday for fitting today but for some reason it didn't post.

From sync 2, yeah pretty much. You have to reinstate the blue fakra from the back of the sync 1 FCDIM but that's about it!

I haven't managed to get hold of the hub yet and I know there's some simple changes to do there, but to be honest, android auto works fine with the sync 2 hub.

What I'm hoping to do is pull out the gpsm and the sync 2 hub and modified loom, along with the modified fascia when my us one turns up, so I can sell the lot as a ready-to-go upgrade for sync 1.

I also now have an f6 card for sale which I might bundle in if noone else wants it separately...

On another topic, regarding the us fascia and the seperate hazard/lock button, some testing while I had the fascia off this time around shows that pin 1 is for hazards and pin 6 is for the lock. Not sure about the lock led, but I'll figure that out when it comes.

Edit: just realised the pinouts for the fcim are in that document I posted a while back. Pin 1 for hazards, pin 2 for the lock led and pin 6 for the button. Ground to pin 5.

Should be easy enough 🙂

🙂

Hey, @Luke_Anderson, did your APIM have 2 USB inputs on the back or just one?

I'm looking at getting the hub, but there are two different types, one with one port and one with two.

Obviously I'd like the one with 2 but I'm guessing that's for a two port APIM, where mine is just one.

My apim has only 1 usb input, the hub is connected via 1 usb regardless of the number of actual USB ports 👍🏻

Out of interest, how did you get the different theme? I find the standard one too bright when it’s dusk 👍🏻

So both USB ports will work for data with only one input? I wanna be able to have a USB with music on it and my phone plugged in for android auto at the same time.

Hehe. It's a secret! 

Uhh no not really.

While the radio is on, hold eject, then press and hold next track for about 5 seconds. 

This enters the test menu. If you want access to the menu all the time, toggle the test menu enabled switch and it'll appear under general settings all the time. Interesting how the APIM config appears here in plain text, so byte changes can be mapped out 🙂

One of the options is a drop down menu of themes. You can try them out with this menu but after a locking cycle of the car it will revert back to the standard one. It can be made permanent using forscan.

The details are in that f150 doc you posted.

There are two bits to change ("X"):

7D0-01-02: Xnnn nnnn nnnn changes the brand 

0 - ford

8 - lincoln

C - configurable ( whatever that means in this context

7D0-02-01: nnnn nXnn nnnn changes the splash screen animation

Value can range from 3-9 and B-E for different animations.

7D0-03-01: nnnn nXnn nnnn changes the theme. You'll have to play with this one, but all the info is in that Google doc 🙂

Trying to download the sync update, but it keeps saying there's a problem and to try later.

Wonder if the servers are getting hammered?

Lovely thanks mate! I’ll give that a go another day, my attentions have now turned to the other woman in my life......

C856D2F3-61BD-4FDA-A16B-14D55F4DB3E3.jpeg

Yep, LED indicators, ZS Spoiler and some 19" rims and she'll look da biz!

Out of interest what error codes are you getting with sync 3? I have a apim error of lost communication with bcm, doesn’t seem to be causing any problems though 

I just get the bcm lock led error and the ACM bad config error, as with sync 2. 

I take it it wont reset?

Oh that reminds me, I've set the right bits of data in forscan, but I don't see the visual parking aid anymore on sync 3...

Just an update to my US fascia, tracking tells me it landed then left Heathrow at 9am this morning!

Might be here in the next few days maybe, but there'll be customs to pay before I get my grubby hands on it...

Yeah it won’t clear, maybe I need to check my connections are still good 🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club