Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New ST Line X owner, couple of questions

mitch84

My dad had Austin Maxi's all his life, did all his own work on it, including fixing rot.

Push button screen washer etc. 

Had to get the suspension blown up. Haha.

His later models even had a tape player!

He eventually modernised and got himself a Maestro, now he is in love with Peugeot.

Sorry to go off topic.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, tef89 said:

Ahh those were the days eh. 🤣

Most advanced bit of tech on my Mini Metro was the wooden peg I kept hidden underneath the car to open the window with when I locked my keys inside.

I used to use one of those to hold out the choke knob on my first ancient Mini, to stop it springing back in 'cos it was so worn!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Sorry to go off topic.

I'm always doing it - can't seem to stop myself!😀

• Like 1

Thanks did that, on ford instructions it says I should have a folder called "SyncMyRide" , but if not to create one.
So I created that folder above and moved all the sync my ride files into that. And the other 2 files, dontindex and autoinstall are separate on the root of the drive.
Does that sound correct? 
This is how I have it:
  • One folder with the title “SyncMyRide” including system update files
  • One file “autoinstall.lst”
  • One file “DONTINDX.MSA”
Exactly correct.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

So will try to do some of this setting up tomorrow, lol 

Where do I find live traffic setting in the cars settings?

Thanks

Found the above and it was on, noticed it showing in my subscriptions on my phone as well now.

Do I need to connect my phone with a cable to use apple car play?

I have my phone connected via bluetooth and can play my apple music and all contacts viewable but thats it.

I use android but the sales guy at the dealer set all mine up and he did connect my phone with a usb lead, so I guess it will be the same with Apple.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mitch84 said:

Found the above and it was on, noticed it showing in my subscriptions on my phone as well now.

Do I need to connect my phone with a cable to use apple car play?

I have my phone connected via bluetooth and can play my apple music and all contacts viewable but thats it.

Same for apple. Usb only. No bluetooth for CarPlay 

• Thanks 1

Hi again😃

Had my car a week now and love it, been a bit under the weather though so still haven't had much time with it, and with the cold weather and rain now I don't want to be outside either. (Do need to check things like tyre pressures at some point)

What mpg does everyone roughly get?

Looking at mine its around 29-31mpg, but I haven't done any long journeys (over 25mins) yet, it seems to slowly creep up the longer I drive so I think it should improve if I do a longer journey.

Also the live traffic updates, how comes that is something we will have to pay for once the trial sub is over? On my 2010 focus I had sat nav and for the 10 years I owned it I often got spoken alerts to traffic, road closures. Never had to pay for it, not sure how good it was on my focus and if it was just major roads but it was free. Is it just another money maker from Fords now?

37 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Hi again😃

Had my car a week now and love it, been a bit under the weather though so still haven't had much time with it, and with the cold weather and rain now I don't want to be outside either. (Do need to check things like tyre pressures at some point)

What mpg does everyone roughly get?

Looking at mine its around 29-31mpg, but I haven't done any long journeys (over 25mins) yet, it seems to slowly creep up the longer I drive so I think it should improve if I do a longer journey.

Also the live traffic updates, how comes that is something we will have to pay for once the trial sub is over? On my 2010 focus I had sat nav and for the 10 years I owned it I often got spoken alerts to traffic, road closures. Never had to pay for it, not sure how good it was on my focus and if it was just major roads but it was free. Is it just another money maker from Fords now?

The MPG will improve as the engine beds in, I’d say 38MPG or higher is achievable fairly easily. Currently getting around 38 myself. 

it costs Ford a little bit of money but is basically a money maker. I certainly won’t be paying to renew as I don’t see the point. Could be worse though... BMW were charging for CarPlay at some point

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DG97 said:

The MPG will improve as the engine beds in, I’d say 38MPG or higher is achievable fairly easily. Currently getting around 38 myself.

What sort of driving are you doing to get it under 40mpg?. I would be very upset if I couldn't easily achieve 45mpg with normal driving once it's run in.

What sort of driving are you doing to get it under 40mpg?. I would be very upset if I couldn't easily achieve 45mpg with normal driving once it's run in.

I only ever get above 40 mpg on a longer run. At the minute mine is sitting at 36-38 mpg doing my 9 mile commute to work and 9 miles home each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Blatto said:

15 miles each way to work. Mixture of local road, hills, short stretches of dual carriageway which on the way back is usually full of traffic. My previous car got around 34 doing the same journey and considering my route and driving style, I’m content with it being at around 38! Would be nice if it was more but it’s not a figure that disappoints me. 

I think with a turbocharged engine and the type of route and driving style I have, to get better economy, I’d be looking at a hybrid. 

11 hours ago, Blatto said:

My car has now done coming up to 4000miles and on my daily commute of  9 miles each way on a twisty B road mine seems to have settled out at around 45mpg with the aircon on auto.

I have seen averages in the low 50's on long slow motorway runs (50 to 60mph)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Piston Head said:

My car has now done coming up to 4000miles and on my daily commute of  9 miles each way on a twisty B road mine seems to have settled out at around 45mpg with the aircon on auto.

I have seen averages in the low 50's on long slow motorway runs (50 to 60mph)

Similar commute here to work, I'm at 31mpg, car has only done 600miles though and only got it last week from Ford so was likely sitting around for a while in storage as well.

What Mpg counter should I be looking at, I notice I have 2 mpg counters displayed on my trip, not sure what the difference between the two are.

1 hour ago, mitch84 said:

What Mpg counter should I be looking at, I notice I have 2 mpg counters displayed on my trip, not sure what the difference between the two are.

Could you post a shot of your trip screen so we can see what is displayed?

1 hour ago, mitch84 said:

Similar commute here to work, I'm at 31mpg, car has only done 600miles though and only got it last week from Ford so was likely sitting around for a while in storage as well.

I think the Top left read out is your average Mpg over the trip and the bottom left one will be the live readout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Could you post a shot of your trip screen so we can see what is displayed?

Will try get a  photo when I next go out in car. But as above I think its the average and live readout, never seen the point in the live readout?

I think the Top left read out is your average Mpg over the trip and the bottom left one will be the live readout.

Agreed. I also have two completely separate trip counters that can store different miles and mpg and such as well, I’m assuming that’s not what he’s talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to confirm, if I update the sync 3 system via usb does the engine need to be running with auto start/stop disabled?

Even better can it done without engine running, don't really want to have the car idling for 35mins + if possible, but if that's the only way I might leave it for now as I could drive around for a bit while updating but I would just be sitting in christmas shopping traffic at this time of the year.

19 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Just to confirm, if I update the sync 3 system via usb does the engine need to be running with auto start/stop disabled?

Even better can it done without engine running, don't really want to have the car idling for 35mins + if possible, but if that's the only way I might leave it for now as I could drive around for a bit while updating but I would just be sitting in christmas shopping traffic at this time of the year.

You don't have to have the engine running - i did an update while washing my car withn the radio turned on - even if it times out it will resume when you turn it back on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

You don't have to have the engine running - i did an update while washing my car withn the radio turned on - even if it times out it will resume when you turn it back on.

Good to know, I have seen a few posts say it can take around 20 minutes to do a sync software update, I guess i can turn radio on and do 10 minutes or so like that and then start the engine later on for the remainer, or would that screw it up?

Just got an error when i inserted USB into car, maybe I have the folders wrong, when I unzip the download it creates a folder that I drag across to the usb drive but the folder is not called syncmyride like the ford website mentions. 

LST_ERR05 is what comes up?

Updated successfully, It was my mac unzipping things incorrectly, I used a different unarchiver which created the folders correctly onto USB drive.

I was on sync 3.3 build 18351 with F8 maps 

now on a newer build, can't remember the version now but it had 9s in the build number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mitch84 said:

Updated successfully, It was my mac unzipping things incorrectly, I used a different unarchiver which created the folders correctly onto USB drive.

I was on sync 3.3 build 18351 with F8 maps 

now on a newer build, can't remember the version now but it had 9s in the build number.

Glad you're sorted. 

When I did mine I just started the update and went for a drive, took about 40  minutes for the system & maps update. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club