Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New ST Line X owner, couple of questions

mitch84

1 hour ago, tef89 said:

Glad you're sorted. 

When I did mine I just started the update and went for a drive, took about 40  minutes for the system & maps update. 

Only took 15-20mins so just let it idle, not sure what the update fixed/added?

42 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Only took 15-20mins so just let it idle, not sure what the update fixed/added?

It's hard to get a change log for the updates (if even obtainable by a standard customer) but usually in the description it's either something for bug fixes or performance optimisation which quite often results in absolutely nothing noticable to us, though not all improvements are visible to the eye!

• Like 1

Hi again

Enjoying my fiesta a lot, shame it gets so dirty in this weather, can't be arsed to clean it yet as it will just get dirty again after a few days driving.

My mpg is quite low still, around 28mpg but I haven't really driven it for long spells yet so engine hasn't reached temp, I notice it creeps up the longer I drive it, so I need to see what its like on a longer run.

I also need to check the tyre pressures, ford pass app says front are at 33/32 and rear 26/27 so I will get around to checking them, am I correct in thinking that for 18" alloys its 33 at front and 26 rear?

3 hours ago, mitch84 said:

am I correct in thinking that for 18" alloys its 33 at front and 26 rear?

It's on the sticker of the passenger side door pillar, depending on the load/speed you are intending to use your car at it will vary.

Standard pressure for 1-3 people and less than 100mph on my ST-Line with 17" wheels is 33 front , 26 rear. For speeds over 100mph or with a full loaded car the rear pressure go up quite a bit. The fronts not so much. The ford user manual does state that you can increase these pressures by up to 4 psi to aid in economy.

As the fordpass app states, you shouldn't use the values displayed as a pressure guage. But having said that I check my pressures every week with an accurate guage and so far they  have agreed with the values shown on the fordpass app.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blatto said:

It's on the sticker of the passenger side door pillar, depending on the load/speed you are intending to use your car at it will vary.

Standard pressure for 1-3 people and less than 100mph on my ST-Line with 17" wheels is 33 front , 26 rear. For speeds over 100mph or with a full loaded car the rear pressure go up quite a bit. The fronts not so much. The ford user manual does state that you can increase these pressures by up to 4 psi to aid in economy.

As the fordpass app states, you shouldn't use the values displayed as a pressure guage. But having said that I check my pressures every week with an accurate guage and so far they  have agreed with the values shown on the fordpass app.

Checked and it’s the same 33 and 26psi, cheers

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, mitch84 said:

Hi again

Enjoying my fiesta a lot, shame it gets so dirty in this weather, can't be arsed to clean it yet as it will just get dirty again after a few days driving.

My mpg is quite low still, around 28mpg but I haven't really driven it for long spells yet so engine hasn't reached temp, I notice it creeps up the longer I drive it, so I need to see what its like on a longer run.

I also need to check the tyre pressures, ford pass app says front are at 33/32 and rear 26/27 so I will get around to checking them, am I correct in thinking that for 18" alloys its 33 at front and 26 rear?

The MPG is a bit odd, mines up to 38mpg after 700 miles of mixed driving. I don’t drive it like Miss Daisy either!

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

The MPG is a bit odd, mines up to 38mpg after 700 miles of mixed driving. I don’t drive it like Miss Daisy either!

Yeah I will see how it goes, it does increase the longer I drive, but I’ve only done short stints since owning it and as I purchased used from Fords with 600miles on the clock it’s likely been sitting around for a while as well so needs a good long run.

58 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Yeah I will see how it goes, it does increase the longer I drive, but I’ve only done short stints since owning it and as I purchased used from Fords with 600miles on the clock it’s likely been sitting around for a while as well so needs a good long run.

Just noticed in another thread you run climate control all the time.  Try keeping that to a minimum and see if that has a siginifcant effect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tef89 said:

Just noticed in another thread you run climate control all the time.  Try keeping that to a minimum and see if that has a siginifcant effect.

Agree'd.  Climate is fine, but switch the AC off, that'll be drinking fuel in cold weather and short journeys.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Agree'd.  Climate is fine, but switch the AC off, that'll be drinking fuel in cold weather and short journeys.  

Ok thanks I have my temp at about 21c, have always left A/C on and presumed with warm air the AC wouldn’t really be working.

2 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Ok thanks I have my temp at about 21c, have always left A/C on and presumed with warm air the AC wouldn’t really be working.

The AC will still be running to dehumidify the air, even when on hot.  The heating will also have to work slightly harder because of the cold AC matrix.  You should see a few more MPG with it off, it's worth a try anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The AC will still be running to dehumidify the air, even when on hot.  The heating will also have to work slightly harder because of the cold AC matrix.  You should see a few more MPG with it off, it's worth a try anyway. 

Cool will give it a go, I might not use it as much either in the Summer as I have the panoramic sunroof I look forward to trying.

Can't remember if I have asked this already so sorry if I have.

On the car it has a wifi hotspot, do not use it, I can also connect the car system to my home wifi, is the only benefit for doing that to check for updates and install them, is there any other reason I would connect the sync 3 to my home wifi?

Thanks

With live traffic on the sync 3, do you ever get spoken traffic alerts to warn you off things, having a route inputted or not?

On my old car I occasionally got an alert about a road closures/traffic over the car Speakers.

Im still yet to hear anything with the fiesta, sometimes I notice the traffic doesn't seem to show either on the map.

In the ford pass app under subscriptions I have live traffic but when I click on it, it doesn't show me any expiry date or info of my subscription.

In the car under ford pass it does tell me the expiry date which is sometime in 2021.

Guess the app is just a bit flakey.

I could try a master reset as I got the car used from Fords, would that remove any system updates I have done?

On 12/22/2019 at 12:31 PM, tef89 said:

I haven't turned AC off yet, but my mpg has creeped up to 32.1mpg so far, when I mentioned the low mpg I was doing short journeys and the engine was reaching temp.

The last 3 days I have done 12 miles to work, so 24miles in total and it's steadily increasing, so will see how it goes.

The reason I have left AC on is I believe it helps de-mist the windows in this weather, also lots of places online suggest its best to leave on rather than have it off for long spells.

23 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

I haven't turned AC off yet, but my mpg has creeped up to 32.1mpg so far, when I mentioned the low mpg I was doing short journeys and the engine was reaching temp.

The last 3 days I have done 12 miles to work, so 24miles in total and it's steadily increasing, so will see how it goes.

The reason I have left AC on is I believe it helps de-mist the windows in this weather, also lots of places online suggest its best to leave on rather than have it off for long spells.

AC definitely helps demist the windscreen quickly. 

It's not ideal to never use the AC for months at a time it's true, but it takes power directly from the engine so it will have an impact on MPG, then combine that with relatively short journeys, colder weather etc.

It's a personal choice but I just turn my AC off once the screen is demised and the car's warm air is enough to keep it clear. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 12:43 PM, mitch84 said:

I have my temp at about 21c,

Blimey, I'd roast at that temperature and probably fall asleep. I set mine to 17C and only have the A/C on in colder weather to demist.

Have you reset your AVG MPG setting, try that before a longer journey to see what you would be getting as otherwise you are just seeing the average over your whole set of short journeys as well, so it won't change much. I have left my Trip 2 Avg MPG setting alone since about 500 miles on the clock and reset the Trip 1 Avg MPG about once a month. That way I'll get an overall mpg value on trip 2 and can keep an eye on my current Avg MPG on Trip 1's display.

• Thanks 1

As usual when I change cars, set mine to 18c , aircon on and on "auto" when I got the car and not touched it since. Still averaging just over 45 mpg. Never really found aircon to make much difference, but I don't use the car for short journeys (which definitely does hit mpg).

Going off topic - hope you all had an enjoyable Xmas!😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blatto said:

Blimey, I'd roast at that temperature and probably fall asleep. I set mine to 17C and only have the A/C on in colder weather to demist.

Have you reset your AVG MPG setting, try that before a longer journey to see what you would be getting as otherwise you are just seeing the average over your whole set of short journeys as well, so it won't change much. I have left my Trip 2 Avg MPG setting alone since about 500 miles on the clock and reset the Trip 1 Avg MPG about once a month. That way I'll get an overall mpg value on trip 2 and can keep an eye on my current Avg MPG on Trip 1's display.

Have it on 20c, will try a reset next time time then, didn’t realise there was two average mpg counters.

Thanks

I have a Focus ST line X estate, I love it to bits, had it for just under a year now and I'm ready to service it, I'm struggling with the cabin filter, I've had 2 previous models directly behind this one and never had trouble with it, any hints or tips?

I've not done a MK4 focus, but I'm led to believe the panel behind glove box needs to come out. And the trim panel underneath the glove box. Then 2 screws hold the cover for the filter. 

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

I've not done a MK4 focus, but I'm led to believe the panel behind glove box needs to come out. And the trim panel underneath the glove box. Then 2 screws hold the cover for the filter. 

I've had the lot out, access is atrocious, also the build quality leaves a lot to be desired, I've already broken 3 retaining clips, luckily I'll not be doing this again as it will be gone in 12 months, never struggled like this before, however I'll continue to try as I wont be defeated, thank you 👍

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Still averaging just over 45 mpg. Never really found aircon to make much difference

I found it made about 1 - 2 mpg difference in the summer (on my old 2016 ST-Line) if I had it on for the whole 64 round trip commute. Will be interesting to see how it compares to my 2019 under the same conditions.

2 hours ago, mitch84 said:

didn’t realise there was two average mpg counters.

Thanks

Just bear in mind it will be up and down like a yo yo for the first 20 miles or so after you have reset it, is more like the instantaneous reading for the first 10 miles or so after a reset until the average is over a longer time period

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club