Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con on all year? or once a month ? Or just in summer?

Alex.S

9 hours ago, michaelburrows said:

i have a 62 plate 2.0 tdci with climate.   i leave it all all year round.  i do lots of londkn to yorkshire driving and to be honest it makes no difference to my mpg at all being left on.  still get between 55 and 61 mpg depending on road conditions.

I’m thinking I should’ve got a diesel ! You’re getting double what my petrol mk4 182 does. Fords official mpg figures were a ridiculous 50 odd mpg. Completely fabricated. Do you know what Ford claim their diesel cars can do? 

14 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I’m thinking I should’ve got a diesel ! You’re getting double what my petrol mk4 182 does. Fords official mpg figures were a ridiculous 50 odd mpg. Completely fabricated. Do you know what Ford claim their diesel cars can do? 

drive a turbo diesel badly and it uses a bit more fuel, drive a petrol badly and the tank will run dry on the first overly large throttle opening.  On a normal daily trip, light throttle settings and appropriate gear use will use half the fuel in a turbo petrol for the EXACT same journey time...   but you'll miss out on your torque laden drug fix

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:19 AM, Mark-UK said:

After reading this thread, yesterday I put the AC on with climate control, normally I leave AC off and just have the heater on, today I have a cold/flu and sore throat. Coincidence, or as a northerner is my body adapted to constant damp air and is reacting to the dry warm AC 😂

your domestic fridge is exactly the same technology....  no different to spilling petrol on your hand (although it uses a medium that works better than petrol). As the heat of your hand warms the petrol it evaporates and your hand gets cold... (the evaporator under the dash), as the AC in the car doesn't have an abundance of petrol to spill, it collects the fumes and dumps the heat (the condenser - in front of the car radiator) and a compressor squashes it back to a liquid to spill over your hand.

the fridge in you kitchen never turns off for days at a time, its seals never dry out and it last ages.  There's a bit more going on, the flexible hoses to the compressor leak more in a car than the soldered on copper pipes on the fridge but continued use is a good idea.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Botus said:

drive a turbo diesel badly and it uses a bit more fuel, drive a petrol badly and the tank will run dry on the first overly large throttle opening.  On a normal daily trip, light throttle settings and appropriate gear use will use half the fuel in a turbo petrol for the EXACT same journey time...   but you'll miss out on your torque laden drug fix

I need that fix! Seriously though , a heroin habit would be cheaper than running this car

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I need that fix! Seriously though , a heroin habit would be cheaper than running this car

Better for the environment too!  :biggrin: 

I totally agree with Botus though, petrols are so much more sensitive to driving style than diesels, even more so when you slap a turbo on!  I've generally got around 55mpg from every diesel I've owned regardless of driving type & style, from 1.6 to 2.0 capacity, and from 90bhp up to 180bhp...  Petrols are a totally different matter though!!  I couldn't afford to daily any petrol in a midsized hatch nowadays, even a 1.0EcoBoost!

• Like 3

Mines an automatic, i don’t drive it like I stole it ..getting 29mpg. On the motorway mid 40s. 

If I didn’t have the car I could buy some smack (and crack) and get taxis everywhere..probably break even. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club