Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

What is your name? Ballast? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I do like doing 62mpg on an hour's town drive this afternoon...  Never went above 40mph but averaged 21mph.

That's about the only positive I can find for this disgusting hot & humid weather!  Dreading tomorrow as it's meant to be even hotter! 🥵

• Like 3

Hi all, not been on here for a while.

I do like being at home while it's so hot . Don't envey the lads I work with , working indoors in 35-40c temps wearing masks working long hours due to staff shortages. 

Shortages due to 2 redundancies, 1 off for 14 days isolation due to his dad getting covid, and me 14 day isolation due to my partner going to have op in hospital soon. 

Luckily my isolation qualifies for sick pay! Result. No need to use my annual leave. 

• Like 3

amazon have committed to creating a TV series of the game Fallout 4 

For those whom don't know fallout; it's going to be epic 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BigLen said:

Amazon have committed to creating a TV series of the game Fallout 4 

For those whom don't know fallout; it's going to be epic 

Ooo this might be a good show to watch. Haven't played fallout but heard its a good game 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Ooo this might be a good show to watch. Haven't played fallout but heard its a good game 

The only reason I bought a playstation 4 a few years ago was solely to play Fallout 4 some will argue that it's better played on a PC as there's more mods available by independent people creating them, 

But definitely a fantastic game, the 76 Fallout is said to be a disaster and I've not played but I highly recommend you try fallout 4 also Robert here has some funny videos while playing too:

• Like 2

I do like replace the Passat with something more my style...

20200802_135415.thumb.jpg.835e4b869ca9b130e9b29395fa28fde7.jpg

No more modern electronic sensors and computers, we're back to a carburetor and basic mechanics that can be fixed with a wrench as opposed to VCDS!! :thumbup1:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like replace the Passat with something more my style...

20200802_135415.thumb.jpg.835e4b869ca9b130e9b29395fa28fde7.jpg

No more modern electronic sensors and computers, we're back to a carburetor and basic mechanics that can be fixed with a wrench as opposed to VCDS!! :thumbup1:

My Mum had one of those 20 years ago...broke more often than the newer cars but admittedly it didn't need VCDS!  I also remember some oblivious old woman reversing into it in a carpark while we were all in it...did more damage to her own car, wasn't a scratch on the Volvo! :laugh:  On the subject of car parks, be careful in any gravel, being RWD and having no weight over the rear end isn't a great combination. :unsure: 

Seriously though, it must've been well looked after to still be about now!  What year is it?  '87?  Looks like it's had a rusty wing repaired unless that's just the camera?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

On the subject of car parks, be careful in any gravel, being RWD and having no weight over the rear end isn't a great combination. :unsure: 

As someone who grew up watching The Dukes Of Hazzard every Saturday I think that RWD and no weight over the back wheels is in fact the ideal combination 😎

traffic_gif's_-_Google_Search.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Drifting before it was fashionable [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My Mum had one of those 20 years ago...broke more often than the newer cars but admittedly it didn't need VCDS!  I also remember some oblivious old woman reversing into it in a carpark while we were all in it...did more damage to her own car, wasn't a scratch on the Volvo! :laugh:  On the subject of car parks, be careful in any gravel, being RWD and having no weight over the rear end isn't a great combination. :unsure: 

Seriously though, it must've been well looked after to still be about now!  What year is it?  '87?  Looks like it's had a rusty wing repaired unless that's just the camera?

It's an '89 and yes well spotted both front wings were replaced.  The colour is a pretty bad match I have to say and obviously missing the pin stripe.  Hopefully a good polish will blend the colour a bit better and I may put it into a paint shop sometime to get the pin stripe painted on but on the other hand I may not bother...

Oddly I wouldn't even know it is RWD so far as it has never tried to break traction, even with P200s!!  That said I haven't pushed it that hard as she is an old girl. 

As you can also see from the picture the N/S front is sitting quite low, I thought both front springs had been lowered but the O/S is normal so something is going on there, maybe a partially broken spring (as it still bounces normally).  Does make going round roundabouts interesting if you go too fast and hear the tyre scuffing the inner wheel arch :laugh:

Needless to say that'll be getting looked at and fixed next month after the next pay cheque, don't have much left to spare now since buying the thing and then selling the Passat for pittance with the parking brake fault flashing and beeping as you drive and the driver's door handle totally giving up the ghost... :confused:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

As someone who grew up watching The Dukes Of Hazzard every Saturday I think that RWD and no weight over the back wheels is in fact the ideal combination 😎

traffic_gif's_-_Google_Search.gif

As long as it is a controlled drift!  Don't feel like repeating what happened to my last RWD car... 

1615791618_MERCEDESWRECK.thumb.jpg.c7f1927d48d05357112b1d63f82cad0a.jpg

Give the Mercedes her due I walked out of that with only bruises, don't think the outcome would be quite as good in the Volvo without any airbags...

• Sad 3

53 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

As long as it is a controlled drift!  Don't feel like repeating what happened to my last RWD car... 

1615791618_MERCEDESWRECK.thumb.jpg.c7f1927d48d05357112b1d63f82cad0a.jpg

Give the Mercedes her due I walked out of that with only bruises, don't think the outcome would be quite as good in the Volvo without any airbags...

😳

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Oddly I wouldn't even know it is RWD so far as it has never tried to break traction, even with P200s!!  That said I haven't pushed it that hard as she is an old girl.

If we get a bad winter it's a good idea to put a couple of bags of sand in the boot to give you some traction during the worst of the weather. That's what I used to do when most cars were RWD and it does help. 

• Like 2

Gave my new wheels a deep clean, clay bar and 2 coats of ceramic coating. Also my friend who I bought the wheels from gave me his tire pen so cleaned up the tire writing. Bottom two wheels had a new layer of tire ink while the top two were faded. 

Screenshot_20200804-114007.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Gave my new wheels a deep clean, clay bar and 2 coats of ceramic coating. Also my friend who I bought the wheels from gave me his tire pen so cleaned up the tire writing. Bottom two wheels had a new layer of tire ink while the top two were faded. 

Screenshot_20200804-114007.png

Looking good. I gave my Seven the full Gtechniq L1 and C2 treatment over the last two evenings too 😎

• Like 1

I do like living in a safe area - especially as I left my Fiesta ST unlocked all day on the driveway with the keys in the car :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Looking good. I gave my Seven the full Gtechniq L1 and C2 treatment over the last two evenings too 😎

Thanks Tim 😁. Thinking I might clean the car tomorrow and put the wheels on then on the driveway as the garage is filled with stuff due to the kitchen getting redone. 

Remind me again what L1 and C2 is? 

I used carbon collectives platinum wheels on the wheels. Added two coats on the face and barrels so hopefully they are protected and are easily to clean. They are only 2 years old and think I got them for a good price. These wheels are popular for mk6 fiesta owners so go quickly but my friend was happy to sell me them. 

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I do like living in a safe area - especially as I left my Fiesta ST unlocked all day on the driveway with the keys in the car :wallbash:

Unlocked? I thought that's what what your supposed to do at night. Stops the thieves damaging the doors/locks . I must live in a safe area too then. 🤔

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Thanks Tim 😁. Thinking I might clean the car tomorrow and put the wheels on then on the driveway as the garage is filled with stuff due to the kitchen getting redone. 

Remind me again what L1 and C2 is? 

I used carbon collectives platinum wheels on the wheels. Added two coats on the face and barrels so hopefully they are protected and are easily to clean. They are only 2 years old and think I got them for a good price. These wheels are popular for mk6 fiesta owners so go quickly but my friend was happy to sell me them. 

L1 is leather protector and C2 is paint sealant.

20200803_191233.jpg

• Like 1

Lol I gave my car a clean today. Last clean was three weeks ago and it wasn't caked on with dirt so was able to skip the contact wash and just dry and finish spray it 😁. Might see about putting the wheels on soon. 

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol I gave my car a clean today. Last clean was three weeks ago and it wasn't caked on with dirt so was able to skip the contact wash and just dry and finish spray it 😁. Might see about putting the wheels on soon. 

In the time it's taken me to run in the Seven I think the ST has done less than 50 miles (!), so cleaning that has been really quick. As you say, no need for a contact wash. With all this working from home we're all going to have super-low mileage cars!

• Like 2

I do like using the "pay at pump" facility at Tesco this morning to avoid messing about with masks! (Second fill up this week - car must be wondering what's hit it after barely turning a wheel for months!😃)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I do like using the "pay at pump" facility at Tesco this morning to avoid messing about with masks! (Second fill up this week - car must be wondering what's hit it after barely turning a wheel for months!😃)

Problem with that for me is (aside from the fact I no longer have a credit card) I always fill my cars up to the brim with fuel, whereas with the pay at pump you have to select a specific amount which is either more than you can fit in the tank or not enough.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club