Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I seem to be re enacting the scene at Heathrow with the baggage issues. 

We not long back from our hols, then Daughter drops a bag off and tonight son dropped a bag off. 

_125467398_aaaaaat2.jpg.jpeg

Screenshot_20220619-221701.png

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Well, it's certainly been a long day today! :whistling:

Yeah and it hasn't finished yet. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

E583B68D-4EBA-4DE2-8CCF-C03889219531.thumb.jpeg.eaaae4b23a9c6e4d87b49986e9e12cdf.jpeg

The weather? The car? The scenery? LOL

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The weather? The car? The scenery? LOL

Yes to all 3. 

I couldn’t think what to write and thought picture pretty much speaks for itself. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Yes to all 3. 

I couldn’t think what to write and thought picture pretty much speaks for itself. Lol. 

They do say a picture speaks a thousand words.  Dorest's changed a bit since I was last there! :biggrin: 

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

They do say a picture speaks a thousand words.  Dorest's changed a bit since I was last there! :biggrin: 

Yeah I am just a little bit further north right now. Lol. 

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, alexp999 said:

E583B68D-4EBA-4DE2-8CCF-C03889219531.thumb.jpeg.eaaae4b23a9c6e4d87b49986e9e12cdf.jpeg

The white is growing on me... almost makes me feel like i chose the wrong colour lol!

What you didn't see in the photo was the breakdown truck in the distance. Still, worse places to breakdown.

Did they fix it on the side of the road? .😂😂😂😂😂😂

Or am I assuming to much from the photo? 

Not sure if this is a like or don't like...but I've owned the Golf 4 years today.  Longest I've ever owned a car, out of the 60+ I've bought! :unsure:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've owned the Golf 4 years today. 

I hit the 4 year mark on mine in March. Didn't intend to keep it over 3, but can't find anything I really want to buy, as you know, (even assuming anyone is a accepting orders at present!).The Mrs's car is coming up to 8 years in September. Our record is 9 years for her Citroen ZX (which her brother then had for a further 4 years),  but I'm sure many members on here will beat that easily.

There's a chap in our village has had a Honda Concerto from new!😀

• Like 2

I do like sitting in the 'hotel' window and watching the world go by....

IMG_20220705_095849756.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I do like sitting in the 'hotel' window and watching the world go by....

IMG_20220705_095849756.jpg

I've stopped in hotels like that too. If your people watching , I take it your watching out for Spiderman ? 

• Haha 1

I do like my partner is in hospital .... Ok, she having her gall bladder removed, that's the "like" bit. She had a nicer lunch than me too. 

IMG-20220705-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220705-WA0004.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iantt said:

I do like my partner is in hospital .... Ok, she having her gall bladder removed, that's the "like" bit. She had a nicer lunch than me too. 

IMG-20220705-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220705-WA0004.jpg

That's posher food than you get in a lot of restaurants! 😲

Hope she has a speedy recovery.

That's the food you get when you go private. Her work provides healthcare plan. Nice if you can get it. Me, I'm NHS like the rest of us. Her op waiting list on NHS was 2 or more years. Private she seen and operated on in 2 months. 

I'm there now, waiting for her. Nice waiting room to my self , nice fresh ground coffee machine at my dispossall. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

That's the food you get when you go private.

My Mrs's recent spine operation was on the NHS but carried out in a private hospital. So she got private room with all the trimmings, without paying. She saw the consultant surgeon who operated last December and was in for surgery in March.** Very successful, I'm happy to say.

Hope your partner's goes equally well, Ian.

** Only snag was 2 year wait to see the surgeon in the first place!

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

Nice waiting room to my self , nice fresh ground coffee machine at my dispossall. 

What? No beer? 😲

Wishing her a speedy recovery 👍

15 minutes ago, Turvey said:

What? No beer? 😲

My mum is of an age (in her 80s) that she remembers after giving birth to me, she got a glass of Guinness - it was considered a healthy energy drink back in the day LOL

16 hours ago, StephenFord said:

a glass of Guinness - it was considered a healthy energy drink

It looks good, it tastes good, and by golly it does you good. Mackeson advert I well recall.

I also remember Rutger Hauer and the iconic Guinness ads. And of course the rather beautiful "Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet" ads.

They may not be allowed now, but the standard of advertising has, I think, got lower over the years. Simple, obvious things like those are replaced with much more sophisticated and powerful lying by implication. The worst are the corporations pretending to care about the environment. It goes along the lines of "our products are very environmentally friendly / carbon neutral etc. You are helping the planet by buying our products. The more you buy, the more you are helping the planet"

The first sentence is probably a lie, they have paid some dodgy outfit somewhere to come up with a certificate, report or scheme that equates planting a few hundred trees, most or all of which will die due to neglect or bad planning. to offset massive production of millions of items. Then it just gets worse from there on. I can't bear to watch or listen to modern advertising. I only ever watch commercial TV via a hard disk with fast forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

... Then it just gets worse from there on. I can't bear to watch or listen to modern advertising. I only ever watch commercial TV via a hard disk with fast forward.

I'm a massive F1 fan, though I wince every time they try to persuade an audience that they do their bit for the environment! For goodness sake, the cars do about 5Mpg, they take a whole fleet of vehicles and mechanics, team members, media personnel on a worldwide tour all over the planet during a race season.

The only environmentally friendly thing is the hot air that comes out of Hamilton's mouth!

Why can't they just shut up and accept they are nothing more than a hugely wealthy sport, in the business of making money, and occasionally entertaining an audience!

• Haha 2

This is a proper advert !

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

This is a proper advert !

Cripes, I remember that LOL

Crikey, for one moment I thought the guy was getting in the passenger seat and letting the girly drive then, phew, left hand drive. What a relief. 😂😂.

Remaking that advert would now  require a woke make over with colours, faiths , lbgt qrt fdgt , children. Granddad's/grandma etc etc represented. 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club