Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 upgrade

F0CUE
聽Share

Received my Mk3 today its a Panther Black 2.0 Tdci 163 Zetec S and it's very nice. I'll get some pics up soon as been busy today. What a Big difference to the MK2 1.6 NA TBH I stalled it a couple of times. Couple of niggles though sometimes when聽maneuvering in car parks I find my foot seems to touch the steering I can feel it turning on the tip of my foot which is weird. Also the interior map lights seem to flicker has somebody put in non canbus ones or something?聽

received_230798228190942.jpeg

received_373885463569142.jpeg

received_1371713229681122.jpeg

received_3246383148719507.jpeg

I know the feeling with the steering thing; I didn't get on with a few things such as the infotainment, steering wheel and the handbrake of the mk3 (spoiled after playing in a mk3.5) so skipped that one. My mk3.5 doesn't seem to have as much of an issue with me feeling the steering column like the older one did, but I'm not sure if that's just down to seating position and seat differences in the ST vs the Zetec.

As for the lights, mine seems fine but I have noticed that sort of flicker on both a pal's 2.5 after an LED 'upgrade' with cheap bulbs, but also with his new standard mk3.5 Ti with the colour changing interior lights. I havent seen it often, but it's almost like the dimming steps are staggered quite far apart if that's the same thing you've seen?

I got used to seeing his lights do that and in the mk3 I couldn't get used to catching the steering occasionally as I had mesh trainers that seemed to catch at certain points and stick almost, if it wasn't for that I'd have probably gotten used to it but everyone's different!

Other than that.. Congrats on the new motor! And that engine though.. They definitely have pull! 馃槃

How did you manage to stall a diesel?聽 I've accidentally pulled away in 3rd a few times... :laugh:

Good luck!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WireyWhenWet said:

I know the feeling with the steering thing; I didn't get on with a few things such as the infotainment, steering wheel and the handbrake of the mk3 (spoiled after playing in a mk3.5) so skipped that one. My mk3.5 doesn't seem to have as much of an issue with me feeling the steering column like the older one did, but I'm not sure if that's just down to seating position and seat differences in the ST vs the Zetec.

As for the lights, mine seems fine but I have noticed that sort of flicker on both a pal's 2.5 after an LED 'upgrade' with cheap bulbs, but also with his new standard mk3.5 Ti with the colour changing interior lights. I havent seen it often, but it's almost like the dimming steps are staggered quite far apart if that's the same thing you've seen?

I got used to seeing his lights do that and in the mk3 I couldn't get used to catching the steering occasionally as I had mesh trainers that seemed to catch at certain points and stick almost, if it wasn't for that I'd have probably gotten used to it but everyone's different!

Other than that.. Congrats on the new motor! And that engine though.. They definitely have pull! 馃槃

No it flickers always so guess it might just be cheap leds. I have sort of got the idea to keep my foot lower will take some getting used to though. Yes the pull is great I was shocked when leaving the slip road how quick I got up to 80 馃槀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How did you manage to stall a diesel?聽 I've accidentally pulled away in 3rd a few times... :laugh:

Good luck!

Got so used to the lazy 1.6 I think due to a proper working clutch my mk2 is so close to a clutch change it drives so different 馃槀

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

Pics added now 馃榿

Lovely motor there, and with the nicest wheels too - Love those. Always wondered what my black one would look like with those so that's handy for me haha!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Got so used to the lazy 1.6 I think due to a proper working clutch my mk2 is so close to a clutch change it drives so different 馃槀

Lol, they do have very different clutches tbf, the Mk2 clutch pedals have loads more travel than other cars! :laugh:

Does look nice in ZS spec, especially with the privacy glass!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Good luck!

Gear ratios on mk3聽 2.0 Diesel always seemed on the high side to me .Very easy to stall in 2nd gear with low revs and 6th seemed like an overdrive gear.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Gear ratios on mk3聽 2.0 Diesel always seemed on the high side to me .Very easy to stall in 2nd gear with low revs and 6th seemed like an overdrive gear.

You shouldn't be able to stall a diesel without some serious effort, even in the wrong gear they just keep pulling.聽

I haven't driven a Mk3 2.0 tbf, but if it's anything like the 1.6TDCi, it'll just be rubbish standard mapping that's the issue. :sad:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

You shouldn't be able to stall a diesel without some serious effort, even in the wrong gear they just keep pulling.聽

I haven't driven a Mk3 2.0 tbf, but if it's anything like the 1.6TDCi, it'll just be rubbish standard mapping that's the issue. :sad:

I don't do it now have got the hang of it. The 2.0 is great fun had an Audi q3 I think it was up rear tailing me close and was able to zip off away from it no bother then it got stuck at the lights 馃槀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, F0CUE said:

received_373885463569142.jpeg

Am really diggin' that rear number plate - is that legal over in England??聽馃ぃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Am really diggin' that rear number plate - is that legal over in England??聽馃ぃ

It's not legal, it's a special coating that appears transparent to the naked eye but reacts to camera flashes to hide the plate from speed cameras! :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not legal, it's a special coating that appears transparent to the naked eye but reacts to camera flashes to hide the plate from speed cameras! :wink:

Aahhh, though probably very useful if you're married and driving off to see your lover under current lock down rules! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good choice, really warming to my MK3, didn鈥檛 like them before I got mine. I haven鈥檛 tried the 2.0 diesel, but felt the 1.6 diesel I tried was a bit naff. The 1.6 EB is brilliant on the other hand! It鈥檚 a shame they didn鈥檛 do the Titanium X with a sportier look, as I found the Zetec S to be a bit lacking on the toys.

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Good choice, really warming to my MK3, didn鈥檛 like them before I got mine. I haven鈥檛 tried the 2.0 diesel, but felt the 1.6 diesel I tried was a bit naff. The 1.6 EB is brilliant on the other hand! It鈥檚 a shame they didn鈥檛 do the Titanium X with a sportier look, as I found the Zetec S to be a bit lacking on the toys.

Yeh I was thinking that when I first started looking its either looks or toys but coming from a mk2 style you can't get any more basic than that so this is like heaven compared 馃榿 The diesel is fun lots of torque. I would of went with an ecoboost the 1.6 but they were very scarce mostly 1.0 which would be only another 25 hp to what I had so settled on the 163.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yeh I was thinking that when I first started looking its either looks or toys but coming from a mk2 style you can't get any more basic than that so this is like heaven compared 馃榿 The diesel is fun lots of torque. I would of went with an ecoboost the 1.6 but they were very scarce mostly 1.0 which would be only another 25 hp to what I had so settled on the 163.

Ah fair play, I can imagine it does feel pretty good compared to the MK2!聽

• Like 1

Experienced my first TMPS warning today and found one of the rear tyres at 24 psi I hope it doesn't have a slow puncture.聽

18 hours ago, F0CUE said:

聽hope it doesn't have a slow puncture.聽

I'm in the middle of swapping out all my TPMS valves for new, it wouldn't surprise me if the tyres are all good but the valve seals have corroded; most tyre places can replace just the steam seals for you on the TPMS so it's really quite cheap that way. If not, you can do similar to me and just replace the valve assembly, parts are roughly 拢20/wheel but my local charges that to buy and fit so a bit of a no brainer.

Its really common on later Fords for the valves to get a bit corroded, if you have the metal stems and want to future proof a little, there are standard rubber ones which won't react quite so much.

HTH!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crapped myself last night. Went into a shop and came back to the car and pressed the start button and the engine did not start and the error said immobiliser malfunction service required. Was like hell no its not like the old cars where you could just crank till it starts. Turns out it didn't like the key being in my pocket took it out an placed it the the center console and pressed start and away I went 馃槀

2 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Crapped myself last night. ..

At least those washable seat covers on the Mk3 came in handy LOL 馃ぃ

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Crapped myself last night. Went into a shop and came back to the car and pressed the start button and the engine did not start and the error said immobiliser malfunction service required. Was like hell no its not like the old cars where you could just crank till it starts. Turns out it didn't like the key being in my pocket took it out an placed it the the center console and pressed start and away I went 馃槀

Strange, I have no problems leaving the key in my pocket.

16 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Nor me...聽 He must have some well lined pockets! :laugh:

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Nor me...聽 He must have some well lined pockets! :laugh:

Lead lined jeans聽馃槃

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Same here. Normally keep mine in a trouser pocket but the other week聽I got back home after shopping聽 and found they weren't there after I'd turned off the engine and wanted to lock the car. Eventually I found them in a coat pocket in the boot, must have slipped them in there when loading the car, which had still started when I'd got back in.馃槂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club