Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Saarlouis Factory closed

Andyr55

36 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The Vignale trim level is also removed from the German Ford website and configurator.

But not the UK one (yet?)

Are we expecting a bump to the TX trim then or will everything that was on the Vignale be an option for the TX now?

I bet it's to get rid of the multi-link. So like the Fiesta and Puma you will be able to spec up an ST-Line in Vignale trim but the body will be ST-Line so cheaper than having a separate Vignale exterior.

Maybe the factory does actually do extra checks on the paint for the current Vignales that Ford says they do? I didn't believe it but if so it's an added expense Ford can easily cut out.

Oh, and it turns out (just to get back on topic! :tongue:) that more chip shortages are on the way..... so buy now for Christmas delivery, probably! :santa:

• Haha 2

I think it'll have to be options on the TX.  The price would have to rise dramatically to cover the Vignale additions otherwise.  It's an extra £2,300 just to add  the adaptive LEDs, B&O, HUD and convenience pack.

I suspect they may lose the option of full leathers (well, fake leather now lol) altogether though...they can't be specced on the TX currently.  And of course those unnecessarily large 18" multispokes won't be an option either.  Or the aesthetically pleasing trapezoidal tail pipes in the unique bumpers...  In fairness, it's easy to see where the extra money goes in the Vignale, and I doubt enough people buy them to make it worthwhile.

I didn't know they do extra checks on the paint?  Oddly it's cheaper to paint Vignales if you look through the build configurator!  I must admit, the paint on mine is decent...noticeably better than the Mk3s I had!  Haven't even found any orange peel yet. 😮 

i didnt realise until today that puma can be st line and vignale togetheer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

i didnt realise until today that puma can be st line and vignale togetheer

Bit like the Mondeo Titanium X Sport...  How can it be sporty and luxury together? :unsure: 

More chip shortages! So not only are there going to be more bottlenecks on the horizon but an actual bottleneck.... or indeed total blockage.... caused by clever people trying to steer a ship sideways :shocking: on the Suez Canal now means even more chip shortages. :sad:

Next factory deliveries due Xmas 2022!

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

More chip shortages! So not only are there going to be more bottlenecks on the horizon but an actual bottleneck.... or indeed total blockage.... caused by clever people trying to steer a ship sideways :shocking: on the Suez Canal now means even more chip shortages. :sad:

Next factory deliveries due Xmas 2022!

Suez canal?  That's on your patch isn't it...can't you help steer them in the right direction? :wink: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Suez canal?  That's on your patch isn't it...can't you help steer them in the right direction? :wink: 

Perhaps you should  go out there and give a helping hand? 

Heard it lost control after high winds. You could generate enough wind to blow it back on course. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Car reached Dagenham.

surely can’t be much longer.....

• Like 1

car still in dagenham.....🤬

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

What’s lead time on a Ford out of Germany now guys? 

Electronic components for the automotive sector are running out. Covid19 is getting the blame.

Nissan Manufacturing UK (Sunderland) will stop building cars from Friday 23 April for a few weeks as they are running out of Modules.

I expect this is a problem for all motor manufactures including Ford at this time.

The shortage of electronic components is not the only problem that car manufacturers are currently facing.

Currently there is also a global shortage of tires, rubber seals and other parts that contain natural rubber. A widespread deadly leaf disease killed a large amount of the rubber trees which resulted in a massive shortage of natural rubber. Since it will take many Years before new trees are grown and production is restored the shortage may affect car production for Years.

11 hours ago, Lucasishere said:

Did you get your car andy

Build date 18/3 delivery 7/4. Very pleased so far, everything appears to be working! Think they have upgraded the B&O sound as it appears better than on last car. 

dashcam fitted at Halfords ( Ford wanted £300 to move from old car to new) 

all good to go, already done 80 miles 😉

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/fords-european-plants-hit-stoppages-due-global-chip-crisis
More shut downs at various ford plants throughout Europe and turkey.
Yesterday jaguar land rover announced factory shut downs
And as wilko mentions there's a rubber shortage that will affect all sorts of parts/tyres

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, iantt said:

there's a rubber shortage that will affect all sorts of parts

and a probable baby boom in 9 months ? 🤣

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, unofix said:

Well that comment took longer to be posted than I thought. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, unofix said:

There's already one happening!  Obviously not much to do over lockdown...  :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club