Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autolock

Dil

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

MK4 Golf and Vectra C were so long ago I can't remember now. 

Lol .....And it only gets worse!😀

Are you 100% sure you didn't tap the brake when you did those gearchanges, btw? Pretty sure my Mk 2 Focus was brake or button.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

MK4 Golf and Vectra C were so long ago I can't remember now. 

Are you 100% sure you didn't tap the brake when you did those gearchanges, btw? Pretty sure my Mk 2 Focus was brake or button.

Edit: Yes it was - just checked the handbook which is still available on the Ford site.

Edited by Eric Bloodaxe
Extra sentence
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Edit: Yes it was - just checked the handbook which is still available on the Ford site.

Well...  I can't argue with the handbook. :unsure:. Having said that, I'd also forgotten the cruise has to be switched on in Ford's after every engine start.  Can't see the point of that, I literally use it on every drive lol.

100% sure I'm not braking in the Mk6 Golf though!  

Turns out I'm not just going mad...  Both Mums Swift, and her partners C3 cut cruise on the clutch too!  So it seems to be purely Fords that don't!? :unsure: 

My Mk3 cuts cruise on both clutch and  brake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mjt said:

My Mk3 cuts cruise on both clutch and  brake.

Thanks for the confirmation Mike...  Does your Mk2 have cruise?

It caught me out again a couple of times in the Mk4 this morning but hopefully I'll get used to pressing the cancel button quickly.  There's definitely no setting in the dash to alter it. 

Unfortunately no. I wish it had.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 9:49 AM, unofix said:

Hi DaveT70, my car has factory fitted TSR and I can confirm that it only reacts and changes the speed limit warning on the dashboard about 15 yards after you pass the sign, and if I have the Speed limiter switched on (don't use that very often) it will automatically adjust the limiter. I tend to only set the limiter when going through road works with the average speed cameras.

I got the Auto Lock working fine and with the settings on the dash. Colinmcg71 pointed out my error. Had changed setting in APIM instead of IPC - Doh!

I will take a look at my headlights today and find out what type they are, I don't think they are LED.

Hi there, I'm just wondering if the Auto Lock you mentioned is the auto lock when driving or is it auto lock when walking away from the car? I've just bought a 2019 focus active x that does not auto lock when starting driving, but looks like it has it as an option in the screen menus. It does have a central locking button on the drivers door, but would be great to have it auto lock. Am I missing something simple in the menu options or does it need enabled within software somehow? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, Andy

40 minutes ago, octopus12 said:

Hi there, I'm just wondering if the Auto Lock you mentioned is the auto lock when driving or is it auto lock when walking away from the car? I've just bought a 2019 focus active x that does not auto lock when starting driving, but looks like it has it as an option in the screen menus. It does have a central locking button on the drivers door, but would be great to have it auto lock. Am I missing something simple in the menu options or does it need enabled within software somehow? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, Andy

Hi Andy,

To activate autolock or drive away locking, you need a program such as Forscan and a suitable cable to connect to the OBD port. Autolock is then activated in the BCM and the IPC.

• Like 1

Hi Andy, as Dave has already said you enable Autolock using ForScan. On the Focus its very easy to do and takes less than 10 minutes. If you want to give it a try you need to buy an ELM327 lead, which you can buy on eBay or amazon they are about £20. Try not to buy the Chinese made leads as they can cause problems.

ForScan like people to use a lead made by Tunnelrat, but any decent lead will work. You need what is known as a 'Modified' ELM327 which just means it has a switch fitted that changes its speed between the HS Can, and the MS Can. nearly all leads on sale are the modified type.

• Like 1

I have found that Auto Lock only needs to be enabled in the IPC. Then it can be turned on & off via the steering wheel buttons. 
The BCM change is not needed. When I changed the BCM there were six entries for Auto Lock, all enabled. These were all originally set as ‘Inoperative’.

Auto Lock - Initial Value. 
Auto Lock - Personal 1. 
Auto Lock - Personal 2. 
Auto Lock - Personal 3. 
Auto Lock - Personal 4. 
Auto Lock - Vehicle.

When they are all enabled the front & rear passenger doors don’t unlock when the driver’s door is opened which isn’t how it should work. I found out on a Dutch Focus forum that only enabling Auto Lock in the IPC is needed.
I set all Auto Lock values back to ‘Inoperative’ in the BCM and after turning on Auto Lock from the steering wheel buttons only Auto Lock - Vehicle was enabled. With it set this way the front & rear passenger doors unlock as they should when the driver’s door is opened.

TL:DR; Auto Lock only needs to be enabled in the IPC. The option in the Vehicle Settings menu will look greyed out but it can be turned on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colinmcg71 said:

I have found that Auto Lock only needs to be enabled in the IPC. Then it can be turned on & off via the steering wheel buttons. 
The BCM change is not needed. When I changed the BCM there were six entries for Auto Lock, all enabled. These were all originally set as ‘Inoperative’.

Auto Lock - Personal 1. 
Auto Lock - Personal 2. 
Auto Lock - Personal 3. 
Auto Lock - Personal 4. 
Auto Lock - Vehicle.

When they are all enabled the front & rear passenger doors don’t unlock when the driver’s door is opened which isn’t how it should work. I found out on a Dutch Focus forum that only enabling Auto Lock in the IPC is needed.
I set all Auto Lock values back to ‘Inoperative’ in the BCM and after turning on Auto Lock from the steering wheel buttons only Auto Lock - Vehicle was enabled. With it set this way the front & rear passenger doors unlock as they should when the driver’s door is opened.

TL:DR; Auto Lock only needs to be enabled in the IPC. The option in the Vehicle Settings menu will look greyed out but it can be turned on.

Hi Dave, Unofix & Colin, thank you all very much for the info, I've had a look online and found the cable/chip mentioned and also the ForScan software too, I'll get a cable ordered and fingers crossed manage to navigate the menus to find the correct module, much appreciated everyone 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Auto Lock - Personal 1. 
Auto Lock - Personal 2. 
Auto Lock - Personal 3. 
Auto Lock - Personal 4. 
Auto Lock - Vehicle.

That's weird. My MK4 BCM option was enable/disable and just doing the IPC created the greyed out menu not operation

11 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

That's weird. My MK4 BCM option was enable/disable and just doing the IPC created the greyed out menu not operation

I’m sure it was the same for me, just one entry for Auto Lock in the BCM until I enabled it. Afterwards it looked like this:

AD9CF53F-B6C1-428D-AD48-E1E354586869.thumb.png.acbe7989dfeb2f107c7320675f40190a.png

Wow, I'll have to have a look at mine again

On 3/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, TomsFocus said:

Turns out I'm not just going mad...  Both Mums Swift, and her partners C3 cut cruise on the clutch too!  So it seems to be purely Fords that don't!? :unsure: 

we had one a few weeks ago, he swapped the clutch switch back to normal - of course it must cut with the clutch, you might destroy the engine or crash

although with active cruise it re-engages I gather - but then the radar should manage the gap

13 hours ago, Botus said:

we had one a few weeks ago, he swapped the clutch switch back to normal - of course it must cut with the clutch, you might destroy the engine or crash

although with active cruise it re-engages I gather - but then the radar should manage the gap

Sadly not, this is apparently a new 'feature' added to later Mk4s (and Mk8 Fiestas (?)).  Was confirmed by Wilco on another thread.

Slightly poor wording perhaps, it does cut the engine revs initially, but then resumes speed after lifting the clutch like it would with active cruise...but without active cruise.  It's horrible tbh...and while it's only one of many issues I have with the Focus, my next car is likely to be a mk7 Golf with adaptive cruise.  So it looks like I'm stuck with this 'feature' unless it can be turned off in the dash or through VCDS. :sad: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club