Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autolock

Dil

Knowing nothing about how forscan works but looking at the list posted above does that translate to you could have " battery voltage display" activated ? 

20 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Hi Tom,

I have activated:

Auto Lock

Auto Re-Lock (if you get out of the car with the keys and leave it running the doors lock)

Ford Performance Digital Speedometer

Climate Control Functions on Sync Screen

Heated Seats on Sync Screen

Auto High Beam

There is lots more you can do, including more of the driver's assistance pack etc

Thanks Dave,

I'll already have auto high beam but have been looking into the rest of the DA pack, TSR seems easy enough...I would like adaptive cruise if I could find the correct radar unit cheap enough in future. :g:

What's the 'performance' speedo?  I'll have the full digital dash being an MHEV.

48 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Hi Tom,

I have activated:

Auto Lock

Auto Re-Lock (if you get out of the car with the keys and leave it running the doors lock)

Ford Performance Digital Speedometer

Climate Control Functions on Sync Screen

Heated Seats on Sync Screen

Auto High Beam

There is lots more you can do, including more of the driver's assistance pack etc

Hi Dave, have you had any luck getting the heated windscreen button on the Sync screen?

Hi Colin / DaveT70. I have tried the Unlock addtion that colin posted with the expectation that I would get the same results, fool that I am !!

I don't know what I've done wrong or did I forget to do something ? but it didn't work. Nothing happened.

See my attached pictures and you will see my option was not exactly the same as yours, maybe that is where I've gone wrong.

Autolock is still working fine, I just have not got the settings on the display like in the photos cloin posted

DSC_0016r.jpg

DSC_0014r.jpg

DSC_0015r.jpg

DSC_0010r.jpg

Hi Colin / DaveT70. I have tried the Unlock addtion that colin posted with the expectation that I would get the same results, fool that I am !!

I don't know what I've done wrong or did I forget to do something ? but it didn't work. Nothing happened.

See my attached pictures and you will see my option was not exactly the same as yours, maybe that is where I've gone wrong.

Autolock is still working fine, I just have not got the settings on the display like in the photos cloin posted

Hi @unofix, the setting you have enabled there is in the APIM and I’m not sure what that does.
The setting I changed is in the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster). This allows you to turn Auto lock on and off from the steering wheel controls via ‘vehicle settings > locks’

If you fire up FORScan again and select IPC instead of APIM you’ll see only one entry for Auto lock. Set that to enabled and you should be good.

Cheers Col 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Colin, I knew you would spot my mistake - thanks. I best put the other setting back since we don't know what its for. Should sort it in next 20 mins 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colin its sorted 😀😃😁 working like a dream, I appreciate your help.

So the next question - Does 'Auto High Beam' need extra hardware or can it simply just be activated ?

• Like 2

Unfortunately I think Auto High Beam requires extra hardware. I don’t know for sure which trim levels have it though.

23 hours ago, Wino said:

Knowing nothing about how forscan works but looking at the list posted above does that translate to you could have " Battery voltage display" activated ? 

I tried to activate that but it didn't work.

I think it's part of the ST pack and would require the IPC to be flashed with ST firmware.

I have activated performance gauges too, but they didn't work 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Dave, have you had any luck getting the heated windscreen button on the Sync screen?

Yes, it's there on the climate screen within a sub menu

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

TSR seems easy enough...I would like adaptive cruise if I could find the correct radar unit cheap enough in future. :g:

I activated TSR but turned it off again, ACC requires a switch change on the steering wheel, the radar is on all vehicles

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Yes, it's there on the climate screen within a sub menu

Cheers Dave, activated it in FORScan and found it where you said 👍🏼

55 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I activated TSR but turned it off again, ACC requires a switch change on the steering wheel, the radar is on all vehicles

I've been told it's a different radar for just active city stop though.  More advanced one for the adaptive cruise?

Did you not like the TSR or did it not work properly?

18 hours ago, unofix said:

Activate Autolock in BCMi and IPC

17 hours ago, unofix said:

Colin its sorted 😀😃😁 working like a dream, I appreciate your help.

So the next question - Does 'Auto High Beam' need extra hardware or can it simply just be activated ?

Which headlamps do you have?

47 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've been told it's a different radar for just active city stop though.  More advanced one for the adaptive cruise?

There are people on Forscan who have activated the whole DAP including Wrong Way Alert but you need to change and configure the steering wheel switch and auto stop/go only works on an automatic

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I don't think it was configured quite right, it wouldn't show speed limit until you passed a speed limit sign so I switched it back off.

• Like 1

Guys, please remember, download and save the standard Asbuilt settings for your cars before you make any changes in case something goes wrong

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

There are people on Forscan who have activated the whole DAP including Wrong Way Alert but you need to change and configure the steering wheel switch and auto stop/go only works on an automatic

Yeah, I wouldn't want the auto stop and go anyway, too much of a control freak haha.  Most of my driving is currently in light traffic where normal cruise is fine for most of the time.  That's why I couldn't justify the cost of the assistance pack just for that.  If it changes within the next year I might look into adaptive cruise if it really is just the buttons to change though.

Must admit, I'm amazed with Forscan's functionality on the Mk4.  The Mk3.5 started to get a bit weak with FoCCCus not working properly and only fairly 'few' functions for those on Forscan.  It seems to be almost up to VAGCOM/VCDS type functionality on the Mk4s!

• Like 1

Hi DaveT70, my car has factory fitted TSR and I can confirm that it only reacts and changes the speed limit warning on the dashboard about 15 yards after you pass the sign, and if I have the Speed limiter switched on (don't use that very often) it will automatically adjust the limiter. I tend to only set the limiter when going through road works with the average speed cameras.

I got the Auto Lock working fine and with the settings on the dash. Colinmcg71 pointed out my error. Had changed setting in APIM instead of IPC - Doh!

I will take a look at my headlights today and find out what type they are, I don't think they are LED.

I've just realised the MK4 doesn't cancel cruise control by pressing the clutch...anyone know if that can be changed in Forscan?  Guessing not but it's the first car I've had like that.  I tend to drop a gear or two for corners/roundabouts and then resume cruise afterwards.  

The generator is charging just by dropping gears and rolling up to junctions so it's not been done to force you to brake for MHEV regen lol.

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've just realised the MK4 doesn't cancel cruise control by pressing the clutch...anyone know if that can be changed in Forscan?  Guessing not but it's the first car I've had like that.  

That must have passed me by (many things have, lol). Pretty sure all the ones I've had have been the same as my current Fiesta, ie touch the brake or press the button to cancel.

9 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

That must have passed me by (many things have, lol). Pretty sure all the ones I've had have been the same as my current Fiesta, ie touch the brake or press the button to cancel.

Hmm, I'm sure the Mk2 & 3 Focus's were the same as the Mk6 Golf with the clutch cancellation.  

MK4 Golf and Vectra C were so long ago I can't remember now.  Trying to think if I've had anything else with cruise!  The Leon was DSG so no clutch there lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club