Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.21020 & F10 maps

colinmcg71

With out the Folder called 'SyncMyRide' nothing will happen the update will never start.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, unofix said:

With out the Folder called 'SyncMyRide' nothing will happen the update will never start.

It has a folder called that actually now I have looked again, but its more of a Subfolder rather that a main folder.

It shows this and then you click on that and it then brings up the SyncMyRide one...?

image.thumb.png.5c65f4094b4ad60051fa96d9fd839865.pngimage.thumb.png.8fddec17851a56f4df6551924eb9edcf.png

Ok so you nearly have it.

Move the 'SyncMyRide' folder and the 'autoinstall.lst' file and the 'DONTINDEX.MSA' file, out of the folder called Sync3_2807651462_Update(1) and have them at the first level on the USB. Then delete the empty folder Sync3_2807651462_Update(1) as it should not be there.

If you do that correctly then you will be set to update your system. Good Luck

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, unofix said:

Ok so you nearly have it.

Move the 'SyncMyRide' folder and the 'autoinstall.lst' file and the 'DONTINDEX.MSA' file, out of the folder called Sync3_2807651462_Update(1) and have them at the first level on the USB. Then delete the empty folder Sync3_2807651462_Update(1) as it should not be there.

If you do that correctly then you will be set to update your system. Good Luck

Thanks for that!

Just done it, so ill try it later!

Well it found the USB stick fine, and said it was updating and then said remove etc. 
I’m not convinced it is updated everything though as the main screen looks the same…

hmmm….half way they!

The update will only be applied next time you start the engine

Currently on F8 maps and have downloaded F10 to a USB. Does the download restart if the engine switches off or does it continue where it left off? 

Running the car for 2 hours straight burning fuel doesn't appeal. 

I hope Greta doesn't get wind of this, Ford will be in trouble. 

12 hours ago, unofix said:

The update will only be applied next time you start the engine

Yeah sure, i did that, and nothing looks to have changed?

I still have the old style display?...unless there is a further download to load up?

Sorry for all the questions!

Have you upload the completion log back to the Ford site?

Once the Ford site knows what version your car is at, it may well then have other updates ready for you but it won't make them available until you up load the log file.

Completion log sent, and no further updates....just seems a bit odd that its not done the full Sync system.

Ill have to dig a bit deeper and see what i can find out!

1 minute ago, enigma-gc said:

I have updated my ford puma 2020 to version 3.4.21020 but when playing music through the usb the songs skip and before it did not happen, I have changed the usb for others, changed the format and it remains the same, some advice

Mine works fine. It updated in 40 minutes for the v 10 maps and I think the latest update was about 5 minutes. Cyanlabs are better at this stuff than Ford and I have had no difficulty updating using their loader and the official Ford files.

• Thanks 1

Not sure why owners use a USB to update the Sync system etc. I just connect to home WiFi and leave the ignition on, on the drive without the engine started. Has worked 100% for me the last twice.

I can only see those owners  without off road parking having to use the USB method which seems complicated and hit and miss.

6 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Not sure why owners use a USB to update the Sync system etc. I just connect to home WiFi and leave the ignition on, on the drive without the engine started. Has worked 100% for me the last twice.

I can only see those owners  without off road parking having to use the USB method which seems complicated and hit and miss.

Because we don't all have onboard modems

• Like 1

I do have WiFi to the car but it is s l o w. The method I use is fast, reliable and gets me updates much faster than Ford's servers 

Just did the update again for maps, to see if I could get a log file, waited for the key cycle message, did a key cycle, then got update successfully installed message, left usb in until I got home, anxiously took usb to pc......No damn log file again

Ran Zee interrogator, update failed message, put the installation usb back in in the vain hope it would drop the log file on, like in the past, this time installation pkg 004 err message.

Brassed off now!!

On 7/2/2021 at 8:52 PM, Tiexen said:

Because we don't all have onboard modems

Ok,  was presuming that the people having difficulty were newer model owners with built in WiFi, not the older Mk8. I stand corrected.....

Not sure how on earth you can leave your car with ignition on and no engine running, doesn't it switch off to preserve battery after about 20 minutes?

The map file is 9gb approx  thats one hefty download over WiFi, to a car parked outside with lower than average WiFi signal

Maybe I'm missing something here 🙂

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Getting the car to download updates via Wifi, whether that be using the cars own built in modem (if thats possible? it should be, but who knows) or by using your home or similar Wifi,  has its own problems !!

Many of the big updates take well over an hour, somtimes even 4 or 5 hours to download. The car will only download when the ignition is on and most cars now will automatically turn off after 10 minuets to save the cars battery. So to avoid that you have to leave the car running with the engine on, and also disable the automatic engine switch off, because if the car has been idling for approximately 20 minutes with no driver activity it will switch off.

In short the only way to be sure of doing the big upates is to download to a USB at home then use that to do the update. Be warned using the Ford USB update files has its own problems, hence the 1000's of threads on this forum of issues on doing updates. Even Ford dealerships seem to strugle and in many cases fail.

6 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Not sure how on earth you can leave your car with ignition on and no engine running, doesn't it switch off to preserve battery after about 20 minutes?

The map file is 9gb approx  thats one hefty download over WiFi, to a car parked outside with lower than average WiFi signal

Maybe I'm missing something here 🙂

Yes, it does indeed turn off. You just have to open door and press ignition again. 

Good WiFi signal here. 

Popping out when I remember and pressing a button while the car and myself are sat there doing nothing has beaten all the stress of faffing and confusion with USB drives it seems.

Again, this is the way in my opinion to perform a software upgrade if you have a WiFi enabled car. A little time and patience is all that is required.

Quite happily done 2 upgrades now, one to Sync3.4 plus maps (I think it was) and the latest one.

Each to their own though👍🏻....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Yes, it does indeed turn off. You just have to open door and press ignition again. 

Good WiFi signal here. 

Popping out when I remember and pressing a button while the car and myself are sat there doing nothing has beaten all the stress of faffing and confusion with USB drives it seems.

Again, this is the way in my opinion to perform a software upgrade if you have a WiFi enabled car. A little time and patience is all that is required.

Quite happily done 2 upgrades now, one to Sync3.4 plus maps (I think it was) and the latest one.

Each to their own though👍🏻....

But I thought if the ignition switches off during an upload, the installation fails ? but in your experience, you're saying you simply press ignition button again, and it resumes?

That certainly wasn't my experience.

Thanks for your input, hope this post doesn't appear as any kind of disbelief 🙂

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

But I thought if the ignition switches off during an upload, the installation fails ? but in your experience, you're saying you simply press ignition button again, and it resumes?

That certainly wasn't my experience.

Thanks for your input, hope this post doesn't appear as any kind of disbelief 🙂

With the USB it does continue after a restart (I have to press the cluch in to restart my car)  so I assume the Wi-Fi version does as well, i've never got mine to update via Wi-Fi it just says searching....

53 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

With the USB it does continue after a restart (I have to press the cluch in to restart my car)  so I assume the Wi-Fi version does as well, i've never got mine to update via Wi-Fi it just says searching....

Yes same here mate.

I had a Toyota CHR before this, and before that a Hyundai and both of them handled msp updates perfectly. You just stuck your usb into the car, it showed you a progress bar, so you always knew where the update was up to, you could go on a journey with the update in progress  BUT you could also stop the car, park it, go into the shops etc.. then when you restarted the engine the update would continue, and so on.

All those worked perfectly, it strikes me the software in Sync 3 was designed by a kid in year 2 of primary school.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club