Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Focus Ghia - Service Schedule

Focus2005

Hi All

I bought my 2005 Focus a couple of months ago and am thinking about servicing. Last 3 services based on service booklet:

• March 2021 - 97454 miles, interim service, not a Ford dealer. Advisories - I spoke with the garage that carried it out and they said - battery 64%, unsure if cambelt had been replaced (I have already had this done so no worries here)
  • April 2018 - 73096 miles, no details of what service it was / if any advisories, not a Ford dealer
  • March 2017 - 64145 miles, no details of what service it was / if any advisories, not a Ford dealer

Current mileage - 103700

What would you recommend re: service? When should I book in the next one? Assuming full service would be wisest but do I book in now before the winter/colder months, or shall I wait until March next year?

Thanks!

Edited by Focus2005
Added current mileage

On a 2005 model without cambelt history that's something you should really be looking at changing asap!  

Which engine is it?  Petrol or diesel?

He says he has already had the cambelt changed.

I would say that for a 15 year old car, standard service schedules become a moot point.  oil and filter change every year and fix anything that is wearing out or breaks would be my approach.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, south_bound said:

He says he has already had the cambelt changed.

Whoops. 👴  In my defence, there was probably no need to mention it as an advisory in that case. :biggrin: 

Thanks both. He is a she 😉 . @tomfocusfair point! It's petrol.

@south_boundthanks - sounds a pragmatic approach.

Edited by Focus2005
Confirmed petrol engine
  • Haha 1

I'd recommend changing the spark plugs & air filter along with the oil service this time.  Then they won't need to be done for another 3 years or so.  That'll probably be classed as 'full' service depending on which garage you use.  Doesn't matter whether you do it now or leave it until next year really.  If you're using the same garage for MOT then just let it coincide with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Focus2005 said:

Thanks both. He is a she 😉 

Oops, shows my recent diversity training at work was a waste of time.  Promise to be better behaved in future!

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, south_bound said:

I would say that for a 15 year old car, standard service schedules become a moot point.  Oil and filter change every year and fix anything that is wearing out or breaks would be my approach.

That's what I do on my own 16 year old car (2005 Mk2 petrol) Though splashed out a few months ago on brakes/suspension tidy ups too!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club