Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New style Fiesta

jsk

Personally I will wait until the standard fitments such as folding mirrors are reintroduced back to the Fiesta...

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:36 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, it's a bad time to be buying a car generally it seems. Used prices are getting silly, new cars are being stripped of spec and delivery times are lengthy.

The spec thing seems general across manufacturers. I've revisited the configurators for several cars that I might be interested in, and found myself thinking "Funny, I'm sure that had climate control (or whatever) when I last looked"!😀

Yeah pretty much all are doing it, my mate was thinking of ordering a new 330e but they’ve removed a fair number of features- but still charging a huge amount!

10 hours ago, Leah Inman said:

Hi there, this is my first post since joining the Club today!  

I am on my 4th Ford Fiesta and about to order my 5th .... first time ordering a brand new car.  Honestly, I can wait until June or whatever so that doesn't bother me.  Interesting what you are saying about certain spec suddenly disappearing, most probably due to chip shortages.  Personally, I find the auto-fold wing mirrors on my current Titanium 125bhp Fiesta slightly annoying and would prefer to have option to manually fold in when needed.  The only time the car has been in for a problem is when the auto-fold chip went nuts ...

Hubby and I test drove an ST Line 125bhp MHEV last weekend.  I was going to order a Titanium, but am not ready to join the sedate brigade just yet.  It has just the fun and nip that I'm looking for.  Feels much more sturdy and solid/safe than my 2016 current model.  I deliberately let hubby drive it and sat in front passenger seat as that tends to be the place you feel any annoyances.  

Agree with dtulip8 about "mean green" new colour; that will be a head turner and shame not available on anything other than full blown ST.  I'm gonna go with frozen white; want something neutral but visible!  If it came in that bright gold the Active had I would order that.  

Considering adding the driver assistance pack; would welcome your thoughts; it is worth it?

Yep, if you don’t mind missing out on some features then and are happy to wait then obviously a new car is still exciting!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leah Inman said:

Considering adding the driver assistance pack; would welcome your thoughts; it is worth it?

Hi Leah, welcome!

I suppose the answer to that depends on whether or not you personally would value the included features.

I'm a bit puzzled by that pack as, as far as I can see from the price list, it includes features that are standard on an ST-L anyway (Traffic Sign Recognition and Intelligent Speed Assist). So you get adaptive cruise instead of normal cruise, Autonomous Emergency Braking and Drivers Impairment Monitor.

• Like 1

My dad ordered a new Trend a few weeks back, fortunately for him Trend trims barely had anything as default anyway so no loss for him there. But it does sting taking away features that have been present for so long.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:23 PM, magic14 said:

I have had it confirmed by several dealers that the power fold wing mirrors and puddle lights have been removed due to the chip shortage.. 

The mirrors are electrically adjustable, but to fold in they have to be manually pushed in from the outside of the car! They are also not heated anymore which used to be the case on the titanium x, not sure about other specs. 

I can't remember the last car I bought without heated mirrors...tbh I didn't know any electric mirrors weren't also heated.  Powerfold clearly requires some extra infrastructure but a couple of wires for a heating element doesn't cost much! :unsure:

14 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Hi Leah, welcome!

I suppose the answer to that depends on whether or not you personally would value the included features.

I'm a bit puzzled by that pack as, as far as I can see from the price list, it includes features that are standard on an ST-L anyway (Traffic Sign Recognition and Intelligent Speed Assist). So you get adaptive cruise instead of normal cruise, Autonomous Emergency Braking and Drivers Impairment Monitor.

Yes, a bit confusing but you have highlighted the "extra" bits that pack offers (it is an extra £300 though).  Talking to my dad, who does a lot of motorway driving, he thinks the extra 3 things above are worth it.  Hubby's Skoda has the AEB per above and its saved him from at least 1 crash.  As I'm weedling down the price of the new car with the dealer (he's just thrown in the spare wheel for nada and said he would give me a further discount for cash) I might just order the pack ....

4 hours ago, Leah Inman said:

I might just order the pack ....

Yes, I think it's all down to individual choice/circumstances. If I was still doing big mileages on crowded motorways I might well consider adaptive cruise and AEB. Unfortunately when I was doing that, they hadn't been invented!😀

Bliss is another useful thing if available on that car, but not a deal breaker.

Had my 155 st line vignale on order since December,  told 5 to 6 months, I'm expecting considerably longer, I  had heard they have not even started production yet. I specd the driver assist pack mainly for the cruise control. 

Latest update on the 125 ST-Line Vignale I have on order is a build date of April but even that isn't set in stone so I expect it to be pushed back again (original build date was Oct/Nov last year).  I've had it on order since Aug/Sept however I believe the dealer originally had it on order since April and just modified it to my spec/requirements.

Only ray of sunshine is my 2018 140 ST-Line-X Fiesta P/Ex value is holding up very well atm.

17 hours ago, martinf64 said:

Latest update on the 125 ST-Line Vignale I have on order is a build date of April but even that isn't set in stone so I expect it to be pushed back again (original build date was Oct/Nov last year).  I've had it on order since Aug/Sept however I believe the dealer originally had it on order since April and just modified it to my spec/requirements.

Only ray of sunshine is my 2018 140 ST-Line-X Fiesta P/Ex value is holding up very well atm.

Wondering if you will notice hp dropping from 140 to 125? Fingers crossed it arrives. I have seen a new spec Fiesta in a showroom admittedly not St line so I know now that they are in production, unless it's just demo cars at the moment. 

5 hours ago, Pittnuma said:

Wondering if you will notice hp dropping from 140 to 125? Fingers crossed it arrives. I have seen a new spec Fiesta in a showroom admittedly not St line so I know now that they are in production, unless it's just demo cars at the moment. 

That was a concern of mine but I believe the difference will be minimal as the electric motor assists with acceleration and perks the engine up.  I did contemplate upping the engine size to the 155 but didn't want to risk further delay so stuck with the 125, I believe this is sufficient for my driving style.

You should have taken a picture and posted it...just to show they do in fact exist and make those of us who are waiting a trifle envious mlol 🤣

The 155 StLx in S port mode is like crap of of a shovel from a standing start or through 2nd, 3rd gear...

It knocks spots off of our 140 non mhev StLx.

I have made the mistake of getting a smaller engine or not getting the trim level I wanted in the past and truly regretted it. You always want what you didn't get... 😄

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

The 155 StLx in S port mode is like crap of of a shovel from a standing start or through 2nd, 3rd gear...

It knocks spots off of our 140 non mhev StLx.

I have made the mistake of getting a smaller engine or not getting the trim level I wanted in the past and truly regretted it. You always want what you didn't get... 😄

The more I look fir an alternative to our current focus the more I think the 155 Fiesta might be the one. But like you said its getting the spec right. Think I may miss the rear door keyless locking more than anything.

22 hours ago, Pittnuma said:

Wondering if you will notice hp dropping from 140 to 125?

Well, you've got 15ps less, similar torque and a bit more weight and Ford's claimed performance figures are slightly worse. The mhev might give a little more pull low down, though?

I've done the same as Martin in the past and regretted it, so if I went for another Fiesta it would definitely be a 155 or ST.

Im thinking of leasing one of these. I got 2 offers for the st line vignale trim one for the 125 version and one for the 155 version

the 155 version is 5.70 more. Is it worth paying the extra for the 155 version.is the difference in power noticeable

1 hour ago, HG3 said:

is the difference in power noticeable

Even in In the non-MHEV cars the difference between 125 and 140 was noticeable, and taking into account Martin's comments above on the difference between that (the 140) and the 155, I think you have your answer.

You're talking nearly 25% more power and 12% more torque for the 155, for less than the cost of a gallon of petrol per month.

7 hours ago, Wino said:

The more I look fir an alternative to our current focus the more I think the 155 Fiesta might be the one. But like you said its getting the spec right. Think I may miss the rear door keyless locking more than anything.

Yeah I thought of the Focus, but after taking all 3 for a test drive on the same day, Puma, Focus and Fiesta all in 155 St Line X. I immediately preferred the Fiesta for the drive, only slightly quicker than Focus n Puma, internal very similar (especially now the Fiesta Vignale is getting the 12.3 dash),  we don't need the space of the bigger cars so no brainer for me, I'm just hoping the 18" wheels don't make too much road noise as the car we test drove had the 17s. Fiesta ticks all the boxes for us (I like the looks, I know some don't, thankfully it's personal choice) and it's probably the last petrol car we get before ev and hopefully when change again evs have progressed even further and brought out a Fiesta ev..(I think this is the last Fiesta before it gets retired if  I'm honest).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pittnuma said:

Yeah I thought of the Focus, but after taking all 3 for a test drive on the same day, Puma, Focus and Fiesta all in 155 St Line X. I immediately preferred the Fiesta for the drive, only slightly quicker than Focus n Puma, internal very similar (especially now the Fiesta Vignale is getting the 12.3 dash),  we don't need the space of the bigger cars so no brainer for me, I'm just hoping the 18" wheels don't make too much road noise as the car we test drove had the 17s. Fiesta ticks all the boxes for us (I like the looks, I know some don't, thankfully it's personal choice) and it's probably the last petrol car we get before ev and hopefully when change again evs have progressed even further and brought out a Fiesta ev..(I think this is the last Fiesta before it gets retired if  I'm honest).

Thanks for that. So is it only the Vignale getting the updated sync screen ? 

Like you, we don't need the room of the Focus anymore as it's only the Mrs and myself.

Have looked at the Fiesta ST but I don't really like the look of the wheels if im honest so I think we'll hang on to the Focus for a little while yet.

On another note, is there any drivers of the Fiesta on here who are over 6ft tall as that's also a slight concern.

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Like you, we don't need the room of the Focus anymore as it's only the Mrs and myself.

Have looked at the Fiesta ST but I don't really like the look of the wheels if im honest so I think we'll hang on to the Focus for a little while yet.

On another note, is there any drivers of the Fiesta on here who are over 6ft tall as that's also a slight concern.

Haha, I am 6ft 4 / 6ft 5 and I fit just fine in the Fiesta... sometimes seat right back but can pull forward to accommodate a rear passenger if necessary.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Haha, I am 6ft 4 / 6ft 5 and I fit just fine in the Fiesta... sometimes seat right back but can pull forward to accommodate a rear passenger if necessary.

Nice one, I keep getting flashbacks to hightower ripping out the seats in Police academy 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wino said:

Sorry not updated sync screen but the actual dash is the full electronic version. Think it's the Vignale only for fiesta 

16 hours ago, Wino said:

Maybe superfluous to add this, but am 6ft 2 and like Martin I fit Fiestas without problem 🙂

• Thanks 1

I'm just hoping that Ford do not remove any features between now and delivery and blame chip shortage. 

Not sure how stand on refusing the car if that were to happen. 

I know they don't come with auto folding mirrors. Don't want anymore dumbing down as it were, I'm buying the higher spec car as it were. 

Has anyone who ordered a 2022 actually got 1 yet? I'm still waiting on a  build date. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club