Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

Would assume there's no radar there if you didn't get any warnings come up.  Only takes a small impact to knock the radar out of line.

Can't get part numbers for Mk4 unfortunately.  Will just be clipped in, so fairly easy to replace, but would be safest to remove the bumper for easier access.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Would assume there's no radar there if you didn't get any warnings come up. 

Yes if there was a radar fitted there would have been a huge alert of INCOMING just before impact, followed by a message of 'Game Over' 🤣

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, tomo2001 said:

The black square on the right, is that just a cover or is it the radar for something like active cruise or emergency braking? Someone on here will know. 

Yeah it's just a cover I think, the sensor you can see was hanging off so not sure if it will stay in place when I drive it home from the airport. Will find out on Saturday I guess..

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Would assume there's no radar there if you didn't get any warnings come up.  Only takes a small impact to knock the radar out of line.

Can't get part numbers for Mk4 unfortunately.  Will just be clipped in, so fairly easy to replace, but would be safest to remove the bumper for easier access.

Ok ta, I'll speak to the ford garage on Monday and see what they say. 

5 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes if there was a radar fitted there would have been a huge alert of INCOMING just before impact, followed by a message of 'Game Over' 🤣

I also hit a pigeon yesterday. Game over for the pigeon for sure but got the incoming alert later that day 🧐1st time in 3 years! Coincidence? 

wtf 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 4:36 PM, Alex.S said:

If I owned a focus I’d definitely fit a cover. Btw I know you didn’t qualify but AP for STLX is down at £1600.  But then paint and maybe an extra pack talking way over £2k. Next quarter is June 1st. 
I’m getting reviewed now by social security Scotland. You know what it’s like, stressful AF. 

Can I ask what the benefits of fitting an engine cover are Alex.

You're lucky if you had no radar panel there.

My Mk4 ST was tapped by some nubbin reversing into it and pushing the lower grille in and scuffing the paintwork under the grille.

I thought - not too bad - a touch up and the grille reseating will do.

Boy, was I WRONG!!

New grille (clips were broken), new sensor (mounts on the sensor were broken), paintwork and calibration of the new sensor equals £1200.

That's not a typo, the calibration has to be spot on or the active cruise / braking will not work at all and costs £400.

Had the work done and the active cruise would occasionally deactivate stating that the sensor was obstructed.

Dealership did another calibration (free this time) and found that the sensor was not seated correctly so they had to replace the lower grille again as it was very slightly warped probably from incorrect storage at the parts supplier.

This whole rigmarole took over a month (bang in the middle of COVID) and I got a Fiesta to use which was way too small for me.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

You're lucky if you had no radar panel there.

My Mk4 ST was tapped by some nubbin reversing into it and pushing the lower grille in and scuffing the paintwork under the grille.

I thought - not too bad - a touch up and the grille reseating will do.

Boy, was I WRONG!!

New grille (clips were broken), new sensor (mounts on the sensor were broken), paintwork and calibration of the new sensor equals £1200.

That's not a typo, the calibration has to be spot on or the active cruise / braking will not work at all and costs £400.

Had the work done and the active cruise would occasionally deactivate stating that the sensor was obstructed.

Dealership did another calibration (free this time) and found that the sensor was not seated correctly so they had to replace the lower grille again as it was very slightly warped probably from incorrect storage at the parts supplier.

This whole rigmarole took over a month (bang in the middle of COVID) and I got a Fiesta to use which was way too small for me.

They certainly no how to charge, yikes.

On 5/25/2023 at 8:08 AM, Nimrodmk8 said:

They certainly no how to charge, yikes.

Indeed they do.

On 5/21/2023 at 9:14 PM, Slimgeo said:

Can I ask what the benefits of fitting an engine cover are Alex.

Your right there probably are no real benefits, that’ll be why they’ve removed it to save a few quid. Just doesn’t look right to me, first thought looking at it is 🧐 where’s the cover? 

• Like 1

Hi all, is the service book now online for the car? I got my new ST-line delivered in March and had noticed there was no service/log book with it. I asked the delivery guy and he said he thinks it's all online now so they don't give books. Is that correct? I've been meaning to look into it but had completely forgotten.

1 minute ago, sun87 said:

Hi all, is the service book now online for the car? I got my new ST-line delivered in March and had noticed there was no service/log book with it. I asked the delivery guy and he said he thinks it's all online now so they don't give books. Is that correct? I've been meaning to look into it but had completely forgotten.

Yes it's all digital now. You can see it in the Ford Pass app.

My dealer also prints it out with the checksheet each service, so I have a paper record.

• Like 1

Ok good to know. Thanks Alex. I'll download the app.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having issues with 6th gear. Sometimes when I’m going into 6th gear it crunches. Doesn’t do it every time just intermittently. I have been conscious of the way I have been driving and selecting gear but it still happens. Every other gear selects fine. 

Anyone any ideas? I have ST-Line 1.0 Ecoboost Mild Hybrid

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2023 at 4:24 PM, Alex.S said:

I’ve read people buying and fitting engine covers but for me Motability won’t allow that. If it’s not fitted in the factory it’s a ‘100% no modifications’  from MB. 

that's not 100% true, you can modify a mobility however, the mod has to benefit the person the car is for, for example if it's for you, then the engine cover could help prevent getting burnt on the engine while refilling the window washer as you don't go to the garage for that. 

1 hour ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

that's not 100% true, you can modify a mobility however, the mod has to benefit the person the car is for, for example if it's for you, then the engine cover could help prevent getting burnt on the engine while refilling the window washer as you don't go to the garage for that. 

No modifications are allowed. A safety issue however is another kettle of fish. 

20 hours ago, Alex.S said:

No modifications are allowed. A safety issue however is another kettle of fish. 

Just a question, but who would check an engine cover has been fitted as a modification and know it is not a standard fit Ford part?

Motability wouldn't let me fit smaller wheels for a smoother ride.  (Necessity for my health conditions).  They really aren't keen on any modifications at all from what I've seen.  Only allowing specific adaptions such as hand controls or hoists.

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Motability wouldn't let me fit smaller wheels for a smoother ride.  (Necessity for my health conditions).  They really aren't keen on any modifications at all from what I've seen.  Only allowing specific adaptions such as hand controls or hoists.

That is not really comparable to a cosmetic engine cover though. Best thing would have been to fit one and not ask the question IMHO.

Understand their stance on 'proper' mods like wheels though. Can you not fit things like wind deflectors or mud flaps then ?

6 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

That is not really comparable to a cosmetic engine cover though. Best thing would have been to fit one and not ask the question IMHO.

Understand their stance on 'proper' mods like wheels though. Can you not fit things like wind deflectors or mud flaps then ?

Unfortunately their insurer doesn't allow any modification and they are concerned about warranty getting void as all cars are brand new.  So you can spec mudflaps as an optional extra, but cannot fit them after purchase.

I agree regarding the engine cover, I'd have fitted it and not told them.  They wouldn't know unless you were involved in an accident.  And at that point, chances are they just wouldn't replace the cover if it was damaged.  I suppose if you fitted it badly enough it could rub through fuel pipes, set the car alight, and void the insurance...so just be sure to make a decent job of it! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/27/2023 at 8:48 AM, tomo2001 said:

Just a question, but who would check an engine cover has been fitted as a modification and know it is not a standard fit Ford part?

you're 100% right, they wouldn't know.  it would take a really switched on mechanic to know it wasn't delivered with an engine cover, then he would need to know it's a mobility car, he would then need to file that with mobility.  it's not like he's filling a rear spoiler, body kit, race exhausted system.     

• Like 3

On 8/27/2023 at 8:48 AM, tomo2001 said:

Good point. Handing it back at the dealership 🧐 even if they noticed it I doubt they’d be bothered by it. I wanted to fit led lights (get the dealership to fit OEM at my expense) they refused. 

I could get aftermarket LEDs all round and they’d probably not notice when handed back.  But it’s not worth the risk of getting kicked off the scheme for. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Good point. Handing it back at the dealership 🧐 even if they noticed it I doubt they’d be bothered by it. I wanted to fit led lights (get the dealership to fit OEM at my expense) they refused. 

here's a solution for you, when you renew your car, don't go for a ford and then you hand it back to the new dealer, they won't know what's meant to be on the car or not. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club