Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera

I asked multiple dealers for an Active X price, and I was surprised negatively that a Focus it's priced now at around 28k euro and the last year was around 24k...So disappointed, I guess I'll wait for the Kuga facelift or even go to Skoda Kodiaq 😞 

15 minutes ago, Chera said:

I asked multiple dealers for an Active X price, and I was surprised negatively that a Focus it's priced now at around 28k euro and the last year was around 24k...So disappointed, I guess I'll wait for the Kuga facelift or even go to Skoda Kodiaq 😞 

The problem is that all car prices have gone up. The kuga will be even more. 

1 hour ago, Chera said:

Imagine if you'd left the EU and had to pay even more than that! 😮 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Imagine if you'd left the EU and had to pay even more than that! 😮 

at least you have cheap things on UK 🙂

Focus MK4.5 LED Headlight Levelling Update

Anyone had the issue on matrix lights where they point down and don't do the sweep procedure?

See forum post above.

I had it today, and have heard that if you mess up the clutch down / ignition button press combination, you can interrupt the sweep and then it sticks like that until you do a full shutdown.

And if I remember correctly there is a software update for this but idk if the dealer it's doing this upgrade free of charge... 

On 10/13/2023 at 1:36 PM, Chera said:

And if I remember correctly there is a software update for this but idk if the dealer it's doing this upgrade free of charge... 

Yes it's being done free if charge as its a warranty issue. Mine is going in on Monday for the software update. 

Mines been either;

1) ok since cos I've been starting the car "properly"

2) it's completely random and I happen to have been lucky since 

Will continue to monitor and mention it for when the car goes in for its first service in Jan

On 9/28/2023 at 8:46 AM, Plimp92 said:

My two penneth on batteries, to give some comfort to others picking up there's.

I have never had a stop start or main starting issue.

The only thing I have had, is a message from the app saying connected features disabled to preserve battery. This tends to come after I've washed the car, and had the doors open over and over, and am welcomed by 15 alerts saying my doors had been opened.

I've left the car for max 2 weeks without starting, and no issues.

I think some people may be suffering some additional quiescent drain perhaps.

(Had it since Dec 2022 by the way, 7500 miles)

I have had no battery issues since getting the car new 6 Months ago, with start stop working everytime but also get the deep sleep message on the app. It usually happens after I open a door or check something on the app, have read somewhere that the modem that connects to wi fi is the problem and not the 12v battery. Ps have tried charging battery too.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:08 PM, Slimgeo said:

I have had no battery issues since getting the car new 6 Months ago, with start stop working everytime but also get the deep sleep message on the app. It usually happens after I open a door or check something on the app, have read somewhere that the modem that connects to wi fi is the problem and not the 12v battery. Ps have tried charging battery too.

The same for me 🙂 I don't care if it's working...I know there is a problem with some battery consumers that Ford doesn't know exactly how to fix this, so they're only replacing batteries free of charge... 

Hi all, 

Seems like I'm working my way through the common mk4.5 issues now.

Since going a bit colder, I've had more frequent "remote features deactivated to preserve battery" messages.

This week I've also had the issue that when you unlock the car, the outside and interior lights don't come on indicating the car is not allowing these to come on due to lower battery voltage.

This is after two days of 60 mile commutes too.

There's a very long post on this named Ford Focus ST '22 battery Drain! 

Poor Green ST driver was in and out of dealers for months trying to get it fixed.

His last post mentioned a Sync 4 update, but not sure if this fixed it long term.

I've only just said I had no problems with battery too!!

• Sad 1

This can't be fixed, it's a problem with a certain electronic that's draining the battery power( Ford doesn't know exactly what consumer it's causing this), so yeah, they're only changing batteries free of charge and that's it... 

Thanks Chera.

I do believe what your saying is true.

The other post went through about 5 different potential causes, and I get the feeling none of them actually fixed it, and its only after April (I.e. warmer) that it got better.

I'll look forward to my new battery and headlight fix at my service in January then

1 hour ago, Chera said:

This can't be fixed, it's a problem with a certain electronic that's draining the battery power( Ford doesn't know exactly what consumer it's causing this), so yeah, they're only changing batteries free of charge and that's it... 

Will replace the battery help if something is draining it ?

Ha ha. Nope.

I think the drain makes the SOC right on the borderline. When it gets cold, you go over that borderline.

New battery will be fully charged, and health will be good taking you back over the positive side of the borderline for a while.

Then it'll all go back to the failure state again.

Fix should be to root cause the source of the drain properly.

I think they're struggling cos there are various sources of the drain which are intermittent 

On that subject, the other guy mentioned the first garage changed the battery, and it was ok for a bit. Then he took it somewhere else, and they said the replacement battery was bad, and put another one on it. It wad ok for a bit, then it happened again. It's not the battery is it. Various other sources had been mentioned for a drain, incl headlamp module, bcm, door switch led, and now this sync update. Oh, and tcu too. I have the feeling it's still root cause not found.

• Like 3

exactly what I was trying to say that the root cause it's unknown... There is a big battery drainer and Ford doesn't know exactly which is it... 

Good day to all. 

I'm exactly 1 year into ownership (mk4. 5 Titanium Vignale 1.0 manual) 

Having read through this thread of issues and faults I thought I would add my experience. 

Firstly mechanically - absolutely zero issues, Engine and gearbox all working great. 

Bodywork - I do have a small paint chip on the rear door that needs to be addressed, fortunately it's not down to metal. 

Electronics - I have noticed that on some days the keyless system won't open or lock the doors and the remote needs to be used. 

Start/stop has several weeks of none operation and then several weeks of working fine. 

The Sync 4 screen does occasionally switch off and back on again. Android Auto sometimes has a bit of an off day but that could be as much the phone as the car. amazon Alexa took a while to gain full functions but all seems to be normal apart from it doesn't want to connect to my Hive heating (again could be Alexa not the car)

I don't know if anyone else is 12 month into owning their cars but in order for the Nav, Streaming and Secure to continue working there's a monthly charge totalling about $15/£12/€14. This is rather disappointing considering the price of the vehicles you'd expect the sat nav and security to work after 1 year without further charges. I'm guessing nobody else was told about this during order or delivery by their dealership. I certainly wasn't and don't know if that's a little unethical. 

20230626_153258.jpg

iMarkup_20231029_113601.jpg

iMarkup_20231029_113530.jpg

iMarkup_20231029_113451.jpg

7 hours ago, Stevie H79 said:

Good day to all. 

Having read through this thread of issues and faults I thought I would add my experience. 

Firstly mechanically - absolutely zero issues, Engine and gearbox all working great. 

Bodywork - I do have a small paint chip on the rear door that needs to be addressed, fortunately it's not down to metal. 

Electronics - I have noticed that on some days the keyless system won't open or lock the doors and the remote needs to be used. 

Start/stop has several weeks of none operation and then several weeks of working fine. 

The Sync 4 screen does occasionally switch off and back on again. Android Auto sometimes has a bit of an off day but that could be as much the phone as the car. Amazon Alexa took a while to gain full functions but all seems to be normal apart from it doesn't want to connect to my Hive heating (again could be Alexa not the car)

I don't know if anyone else is 12 month into owning their cars but in order for the Nav, Streaming and Secure to continue working there's a monthly charge totalling about $15/£12/€14. This is rather disappointing considering the price of the vehicles you'd expect the sat nav and security to work after 1 year without further charges. I'm guessing nobody else was told about this during order or delivery by their dealership. I certainly wasn't and don't know if that's a little unethical. 

20230626_153258.jpg

Yes, I have had the car for 13 months and I need to pay around 6 euro in my currency for this connected navigation...I have sued Ford in my country because in the car manual it's written that it is free for 3 years, I don't want to pay so much for a feature that should be free with the car 🙂

2 hours ago, Chera said:

Yes, I have had the car for 13 months and I need to pay around 6 euro in my currency for this connected navigation...I have sued Ford in my country because in the car manual it's written that it is free for 3 years, I don't want to pay so much for a feature that should be free with the car 🙂

Where does it state 3 years in the manual? I've just had a look through and can't see anything stating that. How is your claim against Ford going? 

3 hours ago, Chera said:

in the car manual it's written that it is free for 3 years,

In the UK there are no paper handbooks anymore. What country are you in ?

21 hours ago, unofix said:

In the UK there are no paper handbooks anymore. What country are you in ?

He's in Romania. I've downloaded the manual from Ford and as far as I can see there's no mention of any time frame that the connected nav is included. I'm fairly sure this could be construed as a mis-sold product as my dealership never told me about this. In regards to the security I've informed my insurance of the tracker and should the car be stolen from experience I think they would fight any pay out. As the pics show the nav and streaming state a monthly subscription while the Ford secure doesn't so as this time I'm unsure if that is a one off payment or a monthly charge. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevie H79 said:

As the pics show the nav and streaming state a monthly subscription while the Ford secure doesn't so as this time I'm unsure if that is a one off payment or a monthly charge.

I can only say that I've never paid for any subscription services from Ford, but the location tracker is still working just fine on my 2019 Focus, other than it shows it parked on next doors drive 🤔

34 minutes ago, unofix said:

I can only say that I've never paid for any subscription services from Ford, but the location tracker is still working just fine on my 2019 Focus, other than it shows it parked on next doors drive 🤔

This seems to be a mk4.5 sync 4 issue. I had a 2019 mk4 and everything worked without any extra payments. 

• Sad 2

On 10/29/2023 at 11:49 AM, Stevie H79 said:

Good day to all. 

The Sync 4 screen does occasionally switch off and back on again. Android Auto sometimes has a bit of an off day but that could be as much the phone as the car. Amazon Alexa took a while to gain full functions but all seems to be normal apart from it doesn't want to connect to my Hive heating (again could be Alexa not the car)

20230626_153258.jpg

Hi,  I'm waiting delivery of my Mk4.5 ST-Line X - i was wondering if you can stream podcasts, music ect using the cars bluetooth

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club