Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maps/Sat Nav issue after Sync 4 OTA Update

Al1966

The map freeze it's back again 😞 I have an appointment for Tuesday, let;s see what it says the ford garage this time 

maybe they will give up and state its "a design feature" - that's what german car manu say about all their faults (its a very long list)

after all the accountants and the leadership team all went on a 5 million pound jolly to decide on what cost savings they can implement this quarter - no doubt the last IT engineer that almost understands how it works, was the first on the list to sack

• 2 weeks later...

Since Ford is sleeping I personally did something.

I went to a Ford dealership and said that this problem is continuous, they updated the APIM again and created a case at the Ford factory. They said in 3 weeks I'll receive an answer if the APIM will be replaced or not. I'll share the feedback with everyone from here since Ford is not transparent. 

• Like 2

Another contact to Ford, this time they called back. Sent a list of questions from development team. We will see if that helps...

Hi there,

Im from Portugal and have a Focus mk4,5 with sync 4 and have those problems you describe, sound, navigation. Tried to contact Ford but without luck... Any news on this topic?

No Vilhena, otherwise we would write here 🙂 As I've said, I have an open case with the factory and still waiting for an answer, most probably it'll be a negative one but let's see. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Chera said:

No Vilhena, otherwise we would write here 🙂 As I've said, I have an open case with the factory and still waiting for an answer, most probably it'll be a negative one but let's see. 

Thanks, hope not, since there are many reports

I've been suffering the same problem since the December ota update.

Dealership ran a full day diagnostic and all they did was disconnect the battery for a reset, it made no difference at all.

Speaking to their chief tech about it he stated that the last update included changes to the telematics functionality which forms part of the navigation system.

Obviously dodgy software so awaiting a stable update is the only option.

One thing I found to avoid a constant map lockup is to keep a navigation destination active at all times (somewhere suitably far away that I won't actually be going anytime soon), and mute navigation audio prompts via the map page.

You get turn prompts constantly coming up on the dash screen but at least speed camera warnings, road sign notification and the smart speed limiter work properly (which don't if the nav has locked up).

The fact that I find the nav works properly when an active route is running says to me thst the problem must be related to passive navigation power saving or suchlike.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club